Should Britney Finally Do A Rock Inspired Album?

IconicShow

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't work. It would appear superficial. Rockstars are respected artists and rock fans would hate it, the general public would hate it and TBH half of her fans would too. She should create another experimental masterpiece like Glory but make it more upbeat. In the meantime she should hook up with Calvin Harris and slay us with another Britney EDM Classic :scalped:

Just now, JP9101 said:

yee yee yess if you wanna a super mega flop era :flop: like debut at #10 on billboard :nonono: biggest meltdown EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:queenriri:

I'd rather Britney take more risks and bring more edge to her music than the same pop thing.

Clearly that formula hasn't been working for her since 2011.

It's time for something new.

:NYsassy:

no .. if the "rock-y" pop songs she has a la Don't Keep me Waiting/Rockstar/Rockboy are an indication of where this would go, I'd want her to stay far away from it... I'm not saying I don't like them, but they're far from my favorite genre for her. I think a good mix of pop smashas, 2017 versions of sensual songs a la BOM/TOMH/ATWK and some low key out-there experimental tracks like Blur/Early Morning are the way to go... but most of all, I'd definitely LOVE some fast pop anthems/earworms coz it's been a while.

If it was something along the lines of Don't Keep Me Waiting, I'd be totally here for it. I do still need my pop influences from her, but I honestly would love something totally out of left field for Britney.

However, there's really no point in doing a rock or rock-inspired album if she isn't going to sing the songs live at her shows, though. I never have minded that she lip synchs, but I just don't think anyone should ever lip a ballad or a song with real instruments in it.

Archived