Why Britney is not relevant anymore!

Asmodean

Before you drag me down, just think about it.

I believe that Britney is not relevant anymore because of a few things: 

1. When Britney appeared in the music world, she was something new, she was something unseen, she was something interesting. Now she is well known act, I don't think that there is person in the whole world who doesn't know who Britney is. So she is not 'fresh'.

2. It was easy to see yourself in Britney. She was only 16 when she appeared. We were 14,15,16,17ish years old and she was our fulfilled dream. They was saying us "You can't be **** at 16" - SHE WAS. It was like an act of rebellion to like Britney, to make Britney our idol. Now we can't associate her life with ours, she is not down to Earth ... she is living in our dream place, because she already achieved everything.

3. She was ready to fight. we were able to see it in her eyes, in her performances, in her everyday appears. Now she is in a happy place, she looks like a person that is not fighting for anything, she has everything that she wanted to has.

4. Britney was cool. I mean COOL, she was fun, adorable, alive, she was sad, and she was crying she was showing us emotions. Now she is hiding all of those things, everything around her is "pretty cool" and "fun" and this is separate her form us. She doesn't look like a reel human being.

5.She was changing- She was growing, she was experimenting with her music. Now she is going with the flow. Femme Fatale - all of the generic music of the time when it hit the stores, BJ-all of the Will.i.m crap that was all around the radios than, and now Glory(which in general is a good step in the right direction)- most of the album sound like the hits of Selena, Justin Beber and so on the current pop stars. Let's be honest there four or five tracks that are really new and different - What you want, Private show, Clumsy, If I'm dancing, Ivitation(in a way), Make me(in a way)- NO MATTER IF WE LIKE IT OR NOT!

So in conclusion I think that Britney needs to get more personal , she needs to be PERSON again, not Britney the idol, not Britney the happy perfect mother... just Britney the HUMAN.

Go on hate me, but you know that I'm saying the truth! 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Asmodean said:

1. When Britney appeared in the music world, she was something new, she was something unseen, she was something interesting. Now she is well known act, I don't think that there is person in the whole world who doesn't know who Britney is. So she is not 'fresh'.

there is a person who doesn't know her on my fake facebook. He was thinking I'm britney because of my profile photo and totally drooling over me.  He thoughy I was a regular beautiful girl . I was like :zoomzoom:

I wouldn't call her irrelevant at all, it is okay not to have the success that she had before ... she had her fair share already :queenriri:

And still considered one of the influential pop acts to this day and will always be, just because she isn't dominating the charts anymore that doesn't mean she is not cool or whatsoever the problem here.

However I do agree on one point, a personal album would be perfect move from her, that of course if she actually wants to go with that path or play it safe with bop jams.

She's not irrelevant tbh,  I mean she managed to get a randomly dropped single to #1 on itunes and to a #17 debut with no promo/video someone irrelevant wouldn't be able to do that. She's just not as popular/visible as she once was. 

I think some fans need to realize that it's just part of the natural progression of things that she's not as popular or successful as she once was, she's almost at the 20 year mark in her career. You can't stay on top forever and Britney no longer wants to go hard promo wise (which I can't blame her for tbh). I think Britney fans find it hard to deal with because she was so amazingly successful for so long! 

I think she's on a similar path as a lot of other legends like Mariah/Madonna/Janet where she'll have bursts of high popularity here and there throughout the rest of her career. 

Her next album needs to be something super different and experimental/mature/personal, kind of like a modern day ITZ....that album really grabbed people's attention back in 2003 and made them look at her differently.....I think she needs that again! 

She's relevant. If she wasn't, current pop stars wouldn't find inspiration in her music. I think you are talking about popularity. Yeah, she might not be as huge as she was, but people still die to see Britney. I remember someone who went to Triple Ho or some of the events she performed back in December, said that people left the building when Britney had already performed, and that they knew all of her songs. That's relevancy right there hun :nervousney:

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

She's not irrelevant tbh,  I mean she managed to get a randomly dropped single to #1 on itunes and to a #17 debut with no promo/video someone irrelevant wouldn't be able to do that. She's just not as popular/visible as she once was. 

I think some fans need to realize that it's just part of the natural progression of things that she's not as popular or successful as she once was, she's almost at the 20 year mark in her career. You can't stay on top forever and Britney no longer wants to go hard promo wise (which I can't blame her for tbh). I think Britney fans find it hard to deal with because she was so amazingly successful for so long! 

I think she's on a similar path as a lot of other legends like Mariah/Madonna/Janet where she'll have bursts of high popularity here and there throughout the rest of her career. 

Her next album needs to be something super different and experimental/mature/personal, kind of like a modern day ITZ....that album really grabbed people's attention back in 2003 and made them look at her differently.....I think she needs that again! 

THIS:forkit:

2 hours ago, Daxx said:

She's relevant. If she wasn't, current pop stars wouldn't find inspiration in her music. I think you are talking about popularity. Yeah, she might not be as huge as she was, but people still die to see Britney. I remember someone who went to Triple Ho or some of the events she performed back in December, said that people left the building when Britney had already performed, and that they knew all of her songs. That's relevancy right there hun :nervousney:

This is true. Most people at the Chicago show were there for Britney. After she was done, many people left. Myself included. 

1 hour ago, SeductiveBritney said:

And youuuu need proper english lessons. You lost me at "she not down to earth because she happy" wtf. nope. try again :squintney::byebitch:

Oh, sorry that my English is bothering you! So what is your fourth language that you are speaking?I guess none... may be your mother tongue is English, and you are proud of this...  There is nowhere a sentence as the one that you mentioned, and you should write English with upper case...

5 minutes ago, Asmodean said:

Oh, sorry that my English is bothering you! So what is your fourth language that you are speaking?I guess none... may be your mother tongue is English, and you are proud of this...  There is nowhere a sentence as the one that you mentioned, and you should write English with upper case...

actually english isn't my "mother tongue".

nicht alle hier sind englischmuttersprachler.... así que sólo por eso, deberías esforzarte más.

sorry boo. :queenriri:

4 minutes ago, SeductiveBritney said:

actually english isn't my "mother tongue".

nicht alle hier sind englischmuttersprachler.... así que sólo por eso, deberías esforzarte más.

sorry boo. :queenriri:

Than there was no need of bitching babe... And btw you are changing the subject of the post. Have fun!

PS: For those thinking I was being mean with the OP because of his english skills:

she is not down to Earth ... she is living in our dream place, because she already achieved everything.

Related image

britney ain't down to earth cuz she's living in your  dream place, because she achieved ****?  

tha **** does that mean?!?!

You can't just come on here, talk about a touchy subject  among britney fans and not express yourself coherently:squintney:

take notes from many ppl on here. they are not native english speakers, but they try. :forkit:

Archived