I can't live in a world where Just Luv Me isnt a single

Nando.

Ive gone a long time without listening to glory

and just now cleaning my library, Just Luv Me came up, and im SURE that at some point on the production of Glory they knew this would be a single. Im praying they bought this song with a single clause on the contract.

theres no denying just luv me was supposed to be a single had glory's fate turned out succesful

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make Me - Slumber Party - Just Luv Me - Mood Ring.

I don't care if anyone thinks that would work or not.. it's the most cohesive and high quality work she's put out in ages and with the right videos, these songs would have followed each other beautifully. Melodically, they already work perfectly together.

5 minutes ago, MaPlayz said:

Make Me - Slumber Party - Just Luv Me - Mood Ring.

I don't care if anyone thinks that would work or not.. it's the most cohesive and high quality work she's put out in ages and with the right videos, these songs would have followed each other beautifully. Melodically, they already work perfectly together.

Mood Ring unfortunately would never happen unless they release it to iTunes as a stand alone single or tack it onto Glory the way they did SP remix. :forkit:

I would have killed for Just Luv Me or If I'm Dancing over Slumber Party.  The visuals for SP were good, but damn is that song still too immature for words. A 35 year old woman talking about having a Slumber Party? Really? The geniuses on this board ... always begging for a reinvention then asking her to do the same old girly act from when she was a teenager.  No wonder no one takes Brit seriously.

2 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

I would have killed for Just Luv Me or If I'm Dancing over Slumber Party.  The visuals for SP were good, but damn is that song still too immature for words. A 35 year old woman talking about having a Slumber Party? Really? The geniuses on this board ... always begging for a reinvention then asking her to do the same old girly act from when she was a teenager.  No wonder no one takes Brit seriously.

Ummm you do know she's not talking about an actual slumber party....right? :weirdmeout:

8 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

I love slumber slayage :queenriri:

4 minutes ago, borogroves said:

doesn't make it any more mature :byebitch: 

I dont find it mature per say. but I don't find it immature either. Its a song about ***, its not like thats something only teenagers should sing about.

If you want to talk maturity, I would go all the way.

Do songs about *****, mental problems, all the **** she went though. But no one else seems to like that idea. :foh:

11 hours ago, Scrappy said:

Wait ... so people don't take her seriously because she talks about having a guy over to have *** with? Anyone with half a brain can see that Slumber Party is simply a play/ a smirk at her days of innocence where everything even remotely ****** had to be repackaged into a non-****** way. The song title plays at the whole game of "Ohhh look, I'm so innocent. Listen to me, I'ma have a sleepover with my girls." Then you actually listen to the song and it's about her getting nailed all night long in every room of the house.

Also, I don't think that any one song contributes to her not being taken seriously. If anything, look at other female popstars. Katy Perry kissed a girl and liked it, smeared cream and cherries on her ****, danced with a shark and had fireworks coming out of her ***** for crying out loud. Rihanna kills a ***** and stuffs her into a suitcase and lights up a joint every 5 minutes. Mariah Carey doesn't walk but is carried around everywhere and her videos mainly consist of her lying on a couch. I don't think it's that deep ... People get taken seriously when they have success, unless you're some indie writer who is looking for the next deep, emotional revelation by a pop artist, which in itself is sort of an oxymoron.

If you wanna argue that she's not being taken seriously, which I don't even know I agree with at all, then it certainly has nothing to do with a song, but more with the fact that she can't live up to the grandiose expectations everyone has and has had of her throughout her entire career; aside from the lack of live-singing, which I think we can all accept simply isn't going to happen anytime soon, most of the critique that came her way was not only unfair but severely ungrounded.

12 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Mood Ring unfortunately would never happen unless they release it to iTunes as a stand alone single or tack it onto Glory the way they did SP remix. :forkit:

Oh yeah I agree.. I'm not delusional enough to think that it's gonna be single 4 lol; it's not like there's even a single 3 at this point; not to mention the fact that it's a bonus track in Japan and nowhere else. I was just saying, it would have been perfect :)

5 hours ago, MaPlayz said:

Wait ... so people don't take her seriously because she talks about having a guy over to have *** with? Anyone with half a brain can see that Slumber Party is simply a play/ a smirk at her days of innocence where everything even remotely ****** had to be repackaged into a non-****** way. The song title plays at the whole game of "Ohhh look, I'm so innocent. Listen to me, I'ma have a sleepover with my girls." Then you actually listen to the song and it's about her getting nailed all night long in every room of the house.

and that's probably why, a lot of her singles are saying the same thing over and over but in different ways. Make Me was more of a mature way of portraying sensual maturity. Slumber Party is something I'd expect Fifth Harmony to sing. 

2 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

and that's probably way, a lot of her singles are saying the same thing over and over but in different ways. Make Me was more of a mature way of portraying sensual maturity. Slumber Party is something I'd expect Fifth Harmony to sing. 

This. And then talking about a Slumber Party? It's regression.

Archived