I can't live in a world where Just Luv Me isnt a single

Nando.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Nando. said:

Ive gone a long time without listening to glory

and just now cleaning my library, Just Luv Me came up, and im SURE that at some point on the production of Glory they knew this would be a single. Im praying they bought this song with a single clause on the contract.

theres no denying just luv me was supposed to be a single had glory's fate turned out succesful

I feel you mate, just luv me needs to be heard by everyone! :crying2: such an eargasm

We are the only ones here that have good taste :donewithit: Everyone wanted slumber party which flopped HARD and, I get it, its a chill song but not as single worthy to me as Just luv Me. Look at the Weeknd & Justin, All their music has that slow vibe and it WORKS, And don't tell me Make Me was a slow chill song because it was a more upbeat than Starboy, I Feel it Coming, Love Yourself etc. Downvote me hoes but JLM would of SMASHED :byebitch:

1 hour ago, Rachel Green said:

The One That Got Away was released as a single and did well though :gloria: 

Nope, I don't mean Katy Perry's song here.

What I mean Just Luv Me it's that kind of song that should have been but it wasn't, like it was meant to be but it wasn't, something perfect, but it didn't happen.

9 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

and that's probably why, a lot of her singles are saying the same thing over and over but in different ways. Make Me was more of a mature way of portraying sensual maturity. Slumber Party is something I'd expect Fifth Harmony to sing. 

I love Make me but to argue that "make me ooh, ooh, ooh.. make me ooh, ooh, ooh.. you're the spark that won't go out, my heart's on fire when you're around make me oooh ooh ooh ooh, baby make me ooh..." is more mature kinda seems a little ridiculous to me. They're both songs about getting it on .. they're hardly Socratic in nature, so what's the big fuzz ... just bang to them and forget the lack of depth.

In fact, I feel like whenever she tries to go deep, it doesn't come out right. The issue is that she is not that kind of singer and never was (at least on a commercial level.) She usually saves that stuff for her unreleased material. It's great and I love some of it more than the actual songs on an album, but it's beyond obvious that's not what people want from her and therefore not what will work for her, again, on a commercial level.  Asking Britney to sing about the eternal questions of life is like asking for that fifth scoop of ice cream. You think you want it, but when you get it, you know it was a bad idea. I mean, I'm not trying to say she can't go deep but to be honest, whenever she gets asked about a song, her answer makes it look like she doesn't know in the slightest what the actual song is about.. Like "Circus" being "well..you know.. about a circus" when really it's about the media circus that's being made around her, or "It Should Be Easy" being about the fact that "love should be easy." Her entire image is built around fun, dancing, love and *** laced with some sensual innuendos. Asking her to all of a sudden do a 180 is stripping her off her entire identity as an artist. Because if there really were that many burning philosophical questions to be expressed on her part, she would pose them in songs and elaborate on them in interviews. But she doesn't ... and asking her to do that will do nothing but making her drift further away from the artist that she is and has been.

People here often argue that she needs to reinvent herself. I would argue that this constant reinvention BS (going personal with Britney Jean being her deepest record yet, singing about God, her kids etc.) has failed miserably because she doesn't know how to do it and it simply isn't who she is as an artist.

IMO, she should stick to what she's A) good at and B) clearly loves and PREFERS to do; hence, Glory being about love and ***.

37 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Yes because a catchy slow song did bad but they think a less catchy slow song would do better:sassybrit:

JLM would have done worse than SP and probs had a boring video. Not to mention I saw way too many comparisons in a bad way to Bieber and a Chris Brown song. 

:idkha:

4 hours ago, Canada4286 said:

We are the only ones here that have good taste :donewithit: Everyone wanted slumber party which flopped HARD and, I get it, its a chill song but not as single worthy to me as Just luv Me. Look at the Weeknd & Justin, All their music has that slow vibe and it WORKS, And don't tell me Make Me was a slow chill song because it was a more upbeat than Starboy, I Feel it Coming, Love Yourself etc. Downvote me hoes but JLM would of SMASHED :byebitch:

I'm with you sis! :hugs:

14 hours ago, MaPlayz said:

I love Make me but to argue that "make me ooh, ooh, ooh.. make me ooh, ooh, ooh.. you're the spark that won't go out, my heart's on fire when you're around make me oooh ooh ooh ooh, baby make me ooh..." is more mature kinda seems a little ridiculous to me. They're both songs about getting it on .. they're hardly Socratic in nature, so what's the big fuzz ... just bang to them and forget the lack of depth.

In fact, I feel like whenever she tries to go deep, it doesn't come out right. The issue is that she is not that kind of singer and never was (at least on a commercial level.) She usually saves that stuff for her unreleased material. It's great and I love some of it more than the actual songs on an album, but it's beyond obvious that's not what people want from her and therefore not what will work for her, again, on a commercial level.  Asking Britney to sing about the eternal questions of life is like asking for that fifth scoop of ice cream. You think you want it, but when you get it, you know it was a bad idea. I mean, I'm not trying to say she can't go deep but to be honest, whenever she gets asked about a song, her answer makes it look like she doesn't know in the slightest what the actual song is about.. Like "Circus" being "well..you know.. about a circus" when really it's about the media circus that's being made around her, or "It Should Be Easy" being about the fact that "love should be easy." Her entire image is built around fun, dancing, love and *** laced with some sensual innuendos. Asking her to all of a sudden do a 180 is stripping her off her entire identity as an artist. Because if there really were that many burning philosophical questions to be expressed on her part, she would pose them in songs and elaborate on them in interviews. But she doesn't ... and asking her to do that will do nothing but making her drift further away from the artist that she is and has been.

People here often argue that she needs to reinvent herself. I would argue that this constant reinvention BS (going personal with Britney Jean being her deepest record yet, singing about God, her kids etc.) has failed miserably because she doesn't know how to do it and it simply isn't who she is as an artist.

IMO, she should stick to what she's A) good at and B) clearly loves and PREFERS to do; hence, Glory being about love and ***.

You really don't know Britney, do you? She wrote Everytime, Mona Lisa, and wanted Alien for a single. The girl is very introspective. She wants to sing about her real experiences, but that's not what the GP/shallow fans want. They want her to make them feel good, release pop, and genuinely could care less about her on the personal level. I mean, how many people here would support her putting out a Gospel CD? She used to sing Judy Garland... clearly, she has a deeper side that is being suppressed by the industry and her label: 

2 hours ago, Scrappy said:

You really don't know Britney, do you? She wrote Everytime, Mona Lisa, and wanted Alien for a single. The girl is very introspective. She wants to sing about her real experiences, but that's not what the GP/shallow fans want. They want her to make them feel good, release pop, and genuinely could care less about her on the personal level. I mean, how many people here would support her putting out a Gospel CD? She used to sing Judy Garland... clearly, she has a deeper side that is being suppressed by the industry and her label: 

Just because she likes to occasionally record a record about something other than love/***/partying, doesn't mean that that's what she wants to focus her career on lol. Also reading comprehension - I said most of her deep stuff is unreleased material, i.e. Mona Lisa. Alien - I mean she didn't even know how to explain what the song is about so it's clear someone else who wrote it for her .... And Everytime yeah I'll give you that. But she has said numerous times she is a PRIVATE person and she SIMPLY doesn't like to talk about her private life, whether it's in interviews or through her music. Hence the 10 deep songs vs. the 300 uptempo/midtempo songs about love/***... You're deluding yourself if you think that ALL THAT comes from the record label.
Coz it sure looks to me as if YOU want her to sing deeper material so your notion of her as an introspective individual can be validated.

Also reading comprehension - I SAID "THAT'S NOT WHAT THE GP IS HERE FOR." (To spell it out for you, that doesn't equal what I'm here/not here for."  So I dunno why you said "I don't know Britney." Sure, she has her introspective side as every single individual on this planet does. But she's not someone who likes to showcase her inner self through her music a lot, that's my point. There is an occasional song here and there, but it's not like she actually sings about her life. She'll still say something along the lines of "This song is about a girl who falls in love with a guy..." rather than "This song is about my last relationship."

I couldn't agree more with the OP:gobaby:

17 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Yes because a catchy slow song did bad but they think a less catchy slow song would do better:sassybrit:

JLM would have done worse than SP and probs had a boring video. Not to mention I saw way too many comparisons in a bad way to Bieber and a Chris Brown song. 

but at least JLM is a better song than SP

#ReleaseLetGo

#ReleaseWelcomeToMe

#ReleaseBabyBoy

For all those that say that we need mature single

Spoiler

Also, id rather have no third single than have JLM be the third (and the final nail in her career's coffin) single....that song sounds like something Salami Guacamole would record for revival or what Biebs would record for purpose.....

Archived