What ruined britney's career at the moment?

RATCHET❤

What ruined britney's career  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Ikr. It's like they just assume that everyone thinks that way when it's completely the opposite. Yes there will be the usual haters but not everyone is a hater like they like to think. People still love her and whenever she does perform at an award ceremony she is the center of attention especially on the BBMA's last year. Low record sales does not equate to what people think of her. The OP really needs to stop being so illogical :nyschool:

Lmao. It's so pervasive on here. Just like that comment above that states as if it's a fact that Britney has lost many fans ww because of Vegas and it's killed her career. This is based on literally nothing substantial and is obviously a load of bollocks. Also, she's charting better than she did with her album that came out during Vegas than she did with her album that came out before Vegas so if that was supposed to be the 'proof' that Vegas killed her career then it doesn't make any sense and also you can't just look at music sales and say for certain that a particular thing is responsible. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AdamSkye said:

Lmao. It's so pervasive on here. Just like that comment above that states as if it's a fact that Britney has lost many fans ww because of Vegas and it's killed her career. This is based on literally nothing substantial and is obviously a load of bollocks. Also, she's charting better than she did with her album that came out during Vegas than she did with her album that came out before Vegas so if that was supposed to be the 'proof' that Vegas killed her career then it doesn't make any sense and also you can't just look at music sales and say for certain that a particular thing is responsible. 

Glory 300k WW, 200k in the US. Yeah, I think she lost many fans WW because of Vegas.

Just now, Artsy Fartsy said:

Glory 300k WW, 200k in the US. Yeah, I think she lost many fans WW.

It's actually probably closer to 350K WW and 150K in the US. Also you need to realize that sales aren't the same anymore as they were in 2013. You're also forgetting that about 200K people pirated the album when it was leaked. Sales don't equate to fans as much anymore since sales are to the pits and since streaming is bigger now.

Just now, Artsy Fartsy said:

Glory 300k WW, 200k in the US. Yeah, I think she lost many fans WW.

See there we go. You 'think' - You don't know. So don't say confidently that Vegas killed her career and she's lost many fans because of it as if it is a fact when all it is, is a silly theory you have. There is nothing that confirms it to be the case. Nothing at all. Also those sales are impressive for the diabolical state of the music industry now and your theory completely ignores the fact the industry is just getting worse and worse. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

It's actually probably closer to 350K WW and 150K in the US. Also you need to realize that sales aren't the same anymore as they were in 2013. You're also forgetting that about 200K people pirated the album when it was leaked. Sales don't equate to fans as much anymore since sales are to the pits and since streaming is bigger now.

Thank you! Some sense on here at last.

Just now, AdamSkye said:

See there we go. You 'think' - You don't know. So don't say confidently that Vegas killed her career and she's lost many fans because of it as if it is a fact when all it is, is a silly theory you have. There is nothing that confirms it to be the case. Nothing at all. Also those sales are impressive for the diabolical state of the music industry now and your theory completely ignores the fact the industry is just getting worse and worse. 

3 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

I'm sorry, but every other diva sold more WW than in the US. The market is indeed dying, but when 1 country has more sales than all the others united, something is wrong.

1 minute ago, AdamSkye said:

Thank you! Some sense on here at last.

I mean just look at Zayn, another artist I stan for. He himself has tons of fans and his first single did phenomenal, sold about 3.5 Million copies WW. Then his album came along and didn't do as well and did about 630K copies WW. But does this equate to him having less fans? Absolutely not. It just further shows that even with a hit single it still wouldn't help an album tremendously like it would have used to. This is because album sales are basically dead and streaming is the new thing. The logic of many people on this site is just tragic and they really need to worry more about their logic than someones career that is better than any career they'll ever have.

3 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

I mean just look at Zayn, another artist I stan for. He himself has tons of fans and his first single did phenomenal, sold about 3.5 Million copies WW. Then his album came along and didn't do as well and did about 630K copies WW. But does this equate to him having less fans? Absolutely not. It just further shows that even with a hit single it still wouldn't help an album tremendously like it would have used to. This is because album sales are basically dead and streaming is the new thing. The logic of many people on this site is just tragic and they really need to worry more about their logic than someones career that is better than any career they'll ever have.

Lmao exactly. You are refreshing on here.  Just look at anti for goodness sake. Anyone with a brain knows you can't use music sales to dictate that she's lost loads of fans and that her career is over lol it's just utterly moronic. Maybe fans like many other people are spending less on CDs when they can download everything for free and are fully aware of the fact Britney does not need another penny and they do. 

8 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

you down voted me as well, but okay

I never down voted a fact  :) 

10 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

me neither :)

Actually you did lmfao. You could say 'I think she's lost many fans from Vegas' of course.However it is a fact that there is no concrete evidence that shows Vegas killed her career and that she lost many fans purely because of it. None whatsoever. 

She's careless / lipsyncs and also her team is crap.

People won't like her again until she gives her everything because nowadays Britney is a joke for the GP. She had the perfect chance with this album cause they're mid-tempo songs that she could perfectly sing live or in acoustic, but she prefered doing zumba choreographies and lipsyncing the **** out of it.  And her team lets her do it, that's the worst part. Her team approves she's killing her own career, I'll never understand that. They could've asked her to record some vocals for the VMA performance but oh, why would they? Let's let her lipsync right after Beyonka so literally everybody will make fun of her.

Tragic. :nyheadache:

When she "came back" in 2008 with Circus, her image was almost cleared, but she wasn't dancing the same way she was, so lots of people started saying this was because it was her first era after her breakdown and she would come back with full energy/dancing in the next era. Then Femme Fatale came, the songs were huge hits, which means she was still relevant. But, in the other way, she looked way worse than on Circus, so her reputation started going down again. After that, Britney Jean, "her most personal album", turned out to be her most basic album. This plus the Vegas residency and her dancing/lipsyncing ruined her status as a relevant artist to the general public. People started to lose interest in her, cause she was never giving people what they expected from "the legendary miss Britney Spears". Then, after all that mess, she released Pretty Girls, which was her chance to release something good after Britney Jean, and she released something even worse and basic af! Now, no one cares about Glory, because she disappointed people so many times that the public doesn't even care much about what she is doing. All of those things, combined with her shitty team, who knows NOTHING about promotion, made her an artist who lives from her past in the general public's eyes. Image and marketing is everything right now. A good album cover, for example, can make people interested in the album and create a whole concept for the era. A lead single needs a killer music video, it can't be a basic and cheap video. As well, the VMA performance had a huge antecipation on it, since it was her first VMA performance since 2007 and she as known for her iconic VMA performances. It was her biggest chance to show the world she still Britney ******* Spears, but she just did an ok performance. But as a fan, I'm happy for her, because she is still doing shows, releasing albuns, and mostly important, she is way happier than she was from 2006 to 2014. But also, I think all of us would love to see her killing the stage like only her knew how to do and being one of the most relevant artists of the time. 

bye :staysalty:

Just now, RobRocks said:

She's careless / lipsyncs and also her team is crap.

People won't like her again until she gives her everything because nowadays Britney is a joke for the GP. She had the perfect chance with this album cause they're mid-tempo songs that she could perfectly sing live or in acoustic, but she prefered doing zumba choreographies and lipsyncing the **** out of it.  And her team lets her do it, that's the worst part. Her team approves she's killing her own career, I'll never understand that. They could've asked her to record some vocals for the VMA performance but oh, why would they? Let's let her lipsync right after Beyonka so literally everybody will make fun of her.

Tragic. :nyheadache:

You must be confused. We're not talking about a new artist trying to win over the public and build a career. We're talking about a pop legend who has a massive loyal fanbase that she makes music and performs for.

Britney's career is aimed at those who enjoy her art - you know - the millions and millions of people that do. She is not marketing herself to win over people that think

she's a joke - they always will - whether she sings live or not. You are talking about Britney basically being an entirely different artist lol.

She's not about live singing - she's about performance and she shows she still has fantastic appeal by making 100 million from her show in vegas.

The great thing is she knew this from a very early age. She knows she can't please everyone and doesn't try to.

Her millions of fans know she lip syncs, know she doesn't dance like her 20 year old self - and love her.

The fact she doesn't sell millions when she has millions of fans means **** all - pretty much every artist is like that.

Rihanna has millions and millions of fans - where were they for anti? 

Where was Zayns millions and millions of fans for his debut album?

Archived