What ruined britney's career at the moment?

RATCHET❤

What ruined britney's career  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

It's actually probably closer to 350K WW and 150K in the US. Also you need to realize that sales aren't the same anymore as they were in 2013. You're also forgetting that about 200K people pirated the album when it was leaked. Sales don't equate to fans as much anymore since sales are to the pits and since streaming is bigger now.

2 hours ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

Glory 300k WW, 200k in the US. Yeah, I think she lost many fans WW because of Vegas.

2 hours ago, AdamSkye said:

Lmao. It's so pervasive on here. Just like that comment above that states as if it's a fact that Britney has lost many fans ww because of Vegas and it's killed her career. This is based on literally nothing substantial and is obviously a load of bollocks. Also, she's charting better than she did with her album that came out during Vegas than she did with her album that came out before Vegas so if that was supposed to be the 'proof' that Vegas killed her career then it doesn't make any sense and also you can't just look at music sales and say for certain that a particular thing is responsible. 

this tbh, i consider myself a fan of ariana grande and i almost bought her album on december but i didnt cause i spent my money on something else and i just stream her songs on youtube and spotify

its like that with britney, and ofc she wont have bigger sales than the new girls who appeal to a younger audience who are the ones who spend more on music

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

Glory 300k WW, 200k in the US. Yeah, I think she lost many fans WW because of Vegas.

6 hours ago, AdamSkye said:

See there we go. You 'think' - You don't know. So don't say confidently that Vegas killed her career and she's lost many fans because of it as if it is a fact when all it is, is a silly theory you have. There is nothing that confirms it to be the case. Nothing at all. Also those sales are impressive for the diabolical state of the music industry now and your theory completely ignores the fact the industry is just getting worse and worse. 

Thank you! Some sense on here at last.

He thinks,  Are you doing something different? , do you know something we don't? If it is not the case  then that is the same  like you . Vegas has contributed in order to kill her career, you just have to look how her actual single is flopping and no one (she or her team) cares, and it is not only about physical promotion, it is that even a comercial or a discount is not  made. Eras are being boring, do you think she is winning fans like that? because seen the view it points it is the opposite. One could say "her image is bad" and? what they are trying to fixt it is next to nothing (and if she does is about LV of corse lol). Some ones can think (with me include) if she lefts LV now they are  going to do the things better, from this point of view what  my friend Artsy Fantasy said  is totally acceptable not like  your comments about "some sense on here at least" wich are totally unnecessery. If you think different congrats, there is a world out there. 

6 hours ago, AdamSkye said:

You must be confused. We're not talking about a new artist trying to win over the public and build a career. We're talking about a pop legend who has a massive loyal fanbase that she makes music and performs for.

Britney's career is aimed at those who enjoy her art - you know - the millions and millions of people that do. She is not marketing herself to win over people that think

she's a joke - they always will - whether she sings live or not. You are talking about Britney basically being an entirely different artist lol.

She's not about live singing - she's about performance and she shows she still has fantastic appeal by making 100 million from her show in vegas.

The great thing is she knew this from a very early age. She knows she can't please everyone and doesn't try to.

Her millions of fans know she lip syncs, know she doesn't dance like her 20 year old self - and love her.

The fact she doesn't sell millions when she has millions of fans means **** all - pretty much every artist is like that.

Rihanna has millions and millions of fans - where were they for anti? 

Where was Zayns millions and millions of fans for his debut album?

This!!! 

I always say that MAYBE she doesnt want to be a big star anymore, been there done that. Maybe just maybe she enjoy just doing music and perform for her fans, its what she loves but she also want to have that "normal" life and do stuff like any other person, she worked her *** of her entire life.. let the woman live ffs:byebitch: she dont need to promote the **** out of stuff or all of a sudden sing live all the time and she already have fans that will support her, no matter what. She doesnt need to fight for anything, people act like shes "over" but maybe she doesnt care about be the biggest, like i said maybe she is happy where she is and what she does? There will always be people that dont like her and no matter what she do, that will not change :staysalty: 

Be happy shes still here and doing what shes doing and looking hotter than any basic ***** out there:slayney:

7 hours ago, AdamSkye said:

You must be confused. We're not talking about a new artist trying to win over the public and build a career. We're talking about a pop legend who has a massive loyal fanbase that she makes music and performs for.

Britney's career is aimed at those who enjoy her art - you know - the millions and millions of people that do. She is not marketing herself to win over people that think

she's a joke - they always will - whether she sings live or not. You are talking about Britney basically being an entirely different artist lol.

She's not about live singing - she's about performance and she shows she still has fantastic appeal by making 100 million from her show in vegas.

The great thing is she knew this from a very early age. She knows she can't please everyone and doesn't try to.

Her millions of fans know she lip syncs, know she doesn't dance like her 20 year old self - and love her.

The fact she doesn't sell millions when she has millions of fans means **** all - pretty much every artist is like that.

Rihanna has millions and millions of fans - where were they for anti? 

Where was Zayns millions and millions of fans for his debut album?

Well, Rihanna not only cares about her fans but about her public image too and that's why, after almost a year, ANTI is still top 20 in the hot 200.

It's perfectly okay you don't need Britney to do more than what she currently does to be happy with her career, but not all fans are like you. Her career moves are getting worse and worse. I don't ask her to promote or whatever, I know she's not into that anymore. I just ask her to do what a singer does: sing, and if not, at least pre-record her vocals cause defending her from this is getting harder and, honestly, it's becoming pointless.

I love Britney. She's an amazing woman and probably one of the strongest people I know, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna praise everything she does, and she's half-assing her job and, the worst part, her team lets her do it.

I really don't care about her sales, her promo, if she tours or stays in Vegas. Damn it, I didn't even complain about Make Me video: really, I don't care as long as she's happy. I just ask her to do her job correctly, and that involves dancing, singing or pretending to do it.

WILL. I. AM. 

Scream and shout was a hit yes but it was totally generic and i feel like he was the first collaborating artist that britney worked with that SUCKED. 

before that it was madonna, pharrell on her features and then all of a sudden she had a shitty song on her album with will i am and then scream and shout and it was like okay...and the scream and shout music video was totally embarrassing imo all the obvious random plugs for products. 

and then he co executive produced her ENTIRE next album, clearly just trying to ride the coattails of their own generic song together cause it blew up. its like YO stop MILKING **** until it dries up its SUCH a terrible thing to do as an artist - and NOT what britney spears was known for at all. 

i hate that guy man. its so frustrating. i wish he never existed. i dont believe he's done anything for pop music that is lasting or worthwhile to remember and that is the truth. 

it all stems from her breakdown in 2007. She obviously isn't trying to be in the spotlight anymore/or doesn't even care to be a pop star anymore. So none of the options, but the second best would be her being careless bc that is what she has been lmao. 

It's like a mix of everything

- Mostly her team
- Giving 0,1 ***** about everything (being an icon again, choreo, lypsnc) - we know that if she want, she kills with the choreo and attitude (like the first show of the Revamp)
- Her team again 

I can't believe that they pre recorded vocals for all the FFT and we hear the same vocals since Dec 2013 :nyheadache:

The problem is her image. Her vegas residency has ruined it all. People all over the world think she is doing NOTHING. When you type "Britney" In Sweden's google the first thing that comes up is "Britney Spears dead"

Plus her instagram page, sucks. No selfies, tacky quotes, bad quality videos of piece of me and NO PROMOTION!!

16 hours ago, David. said:

femme fatale era being rushed when she wasnt ready, yes it was commercially successful but the consequences of her being a zombie and doing the bare minimum came later

xfactor, made her look dumb, made her look old af too

her team for not evolving in the right way, she desperately needs someone to manage her image like outfits, make up etc oh and all of her visuals like videos, album covers, tours , not just herself

herself for not pushing herself to what we know she is capable of and settling for meghan trainors choreo when we know she can still deliver

This. I think FF tour was a huge stain on her legacy. Like ok sure she didn't dance as hardcore during circus but she was still britney. FF wasn't her at all and it showed in everything she did. Then XFactor made her seem like she couldn't even put two sentences together on her own, further making ppl think ok she's just a manufactured pop star

Femme Fatale was the first bit. Sure it was a hit heavy record but Britney's state at the time was nowhere where it needed to be to handle a world tour, promotion and giving off the impression she wanted to support it given how it seemed she could care less after her original version was scrapped. Her performance level, body (people were extremely harsh) and the tour being cut down considerably just give the image of Britney being a shell of her former shelf. The promo performances also drew bad reception because her tired, sleepy-eyed and lethargic movements.

X-Factor just highlighted how extremely anxious and awkward current Britney is now either from her mental state (rumored) or the medication she was taking at the time. It also didn't help that she was the only judge giving basic and short criticisms giving the impression she was not "smart" enough for the job. It did more harm than good seeing a once bubbly, sociable girl now this wide-eyed, panic stricken, inarticulate judge on a talent show where her own performance and much criticized lack of singing didn't do her no favors.

The complete rush job and lack of effort on her most personal album, Britney Jean. The ghostsinger scandal, the lack of promotion, the scrapped videos and Vegas just have given her this "dated act" atmosphere that people no longer feel Britney is a force to be reckoned with in the pop world. It also didn't help that aside from getting her confidence back in a way, most of her performances were pre-recorded or confined to PH until the Glory promotion started.

Glory had all the makings to be a huge comback for Britney until the original MM video/Glory art direction was canned. From the initial IG videos, Britney was coming back as a mature, **** **** compared to her "I'm a Mom" phase of BJ but it all went horrible once the reshot video debuted. The song lost most of its momentum, the VMA performance wasn't what it needed to be after Beyonce upstaging her for the second time and being so stripped of her usual Britney magic. After the BBMA's you would have thought they'd push Britney even harder to captivate but by using every promotional spot to plug her Vegas show, it's no surprise very little attention was paid to Glory despite being a great album.

Archived