Why are the Femme Fatale "hit" singles forgotten? (Spotify)

Lou M. Taylor

4 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

I 100% disagree and statistics prove that IWG was actually a bigger song than TTWE. They are Britney's last mega-hits & the only reason ppl might not be streaming them in high doses right now are because they are played out right now. In fact.. I heard IWG on the radio more during the MM promo than i did MM lololol sooooo.. I see where you are looking at streaming data & coming up with this theory but the steams are low because people have been pounded by them & it'll take awhile for them to feel fresh again. 

Not to mention fans are the only ones really listening to Britney anymore and it isn't the most loved album so it seems fair they are not as streamed as much.

Why you trying to knock her last hits. They literally could be the last ever. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, button said:

It's been 6 years already. How many more years? When will they have this surge sweetie? If no one is caring about them in 2017, no one will care in 2020 either. :NYsassy:

Her classic songs have always been relevant and they never stooped to the level of the FF singles. One year later, Toxic was being referenced in Doctor Who. Sorry, but those dated EDM songs aren't going to rise from the ashes and get stuck in everyone's minds again. Don't be delusional.

WELL .. I respect your opinion but being a Stan who has actually lived through all of the eras in their entirety I'll tell you that nobody was here for OIDIA & Lucky during the Blackout days lololol because at the time they were stale. That's why they remix classics for tours to liven them up for the fans. IWG & TTWE are going to be classics for the generation that grew up with those songs introducing them to Britney. Also, TTWE is still played in clubs pretty heavily actually. 

7 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

I 100% disagree and statistics prove that IWG was actually a bigger song than TTWE. They are Britney's last mega-hits & the only reason ppl might not be streaming them in high doses right now are because they are played out right now. In fact.. I heard IWG on the radio more during the MM promo than i did MM lololol sooooo.. I see where you are looking at streaming data & coming up with this theory but the steams are low because people have been pounded by them & it'll take awhile for them to feel fresh again. 

I Wanna Go was only bigger on radio by a pitiful 2M in audience. Till the World Ends has double the sales (1.7M vs 3M) and it was kinda relevant outside the US/Canada, unlike I Wanna Go.

I'm always looking at the 10 most relevant radio station playlists and they never play I Wanna Go or Till the world ends. Who told you the public is being assaulted by the FF singles on radio in 2017? The only song they still play is Toxic and occasionally Baby one more time. B96 Chicago  sometimes plays Oops and Crazy otherwise... Nothing else.

2 minutes ago, button said:

I Wanna Go was only bigger on radio by a pitiful 2M in audience. Till the World Ends has double the sales (1.7M vs 3M) and it was kinda relevant outside the US, unlike I Wanna Go.

I'm always looking at the 10 most relevant radio station playlists and they never play I Wanna Go or Till the world ends. Who told you the public is being assaulted by the FF singles on radio in 2017? The only song they still play is Toxic and occasionally Baby one more time. B96 Chicago  sometimes plays Oops and Crazy otherwise... Nothing else.

Well if you would actually read what I was saying instead of proving yourself to be as vapid & annoying as your comments are I never said people were being assaulted by the FF singles in 2017. What I said was.. The... Songs... Were... Played-Out... So... Much... So... That... As... Of... Right... Now... They... Are... Still... Freshly... Stale. 

8 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

For one week? 

The streams prove nothing but a reach. 

IWG and TTWE are some of more generic singles but they still are remembered. 

The numbers are daily but they always look like this. It won't change tomorrow, next week or next month.

http://kworb.net/youtube/video/-Edv8Onsrgg.html

Expected to hit 200M in 2027.

http://kworb.net/youtube/video/qzU9OrZlKb8.html

200M in 2020.

http://kworb.net/youtube/video/T-sxSd1uwoU.html

300M in 2022.

Does this look like a remembered song to you?

http://kworb.net/youtube/video/s6b33PTbGxk.html

Criminal is growing faster than all 3 of them. :NYsassy:

If anything, only TTWE is semi-remembered and the other two are forgotten. They got lost in the sea of trendy generic songs of 2011 and 2012. If the stats are not in their favor, what are you basing off your claims that they're remembered?

1 minute ago, Borja said:

I think they're kinda dated, that's why. 

And even though they were successful, they're not classics like Toxic or Slave or Womanizer.

I agree about that when it comes to OG Stans but New-Gen Stans and or just regular fans of the songs that were introduced to Britney with those songs will certainly attach more memory to them then they will the older ones that we came up with. It's kind of like how I view Madonna.. I really wasn't into her music until Ray of Light.. so too me Ray of Light is what I equate my memory of 1st really getting into Madonna & the material before that isn't even relatable too me.

2 minutes ago, button said:

The numbers are daily but they always look like this. It won't change tomorrow, next week or next month.

http://kworb.net/youtube/video/-Edv8Onsrgg.html

Expected to hit 200M in 2027.

http://kworb.net/youtube/video/qzU9OrZlKb8.html

200M in 2020.

http://kworb.net/youtube/video/T-sxSd1uwoU.html

300M in 2022.

Does this look like a remembered song to you?

http://kworb.net/youtube/video/s6b33PTbGxk.html

Criminal is growing faster than all 3 of them. :NYsassy:

If anything, only TTWE is semi-remembered and the other two are forgotten. They got lost in the sea of trendy generic songs of 2011 and 2012. If the stats are not in their favor, what are you basing off your claims that they're remembered?

TBH with you this brings up a whole new set of things. I was just having a conversation with a few musicians about the business & how it's changing. The way audiences rapidly eat up material & move on to the next is growing quick!! The digital age of music has made everything become instantly successful & the wide range of material that's out for instant access is going to make it extremely hard for any artists to maintain any sort of longevity with their material. The days of ICONS are kind of dying out, songs nor albums are treasured the way they were in the past. There is such a rapid succession of what's HOT that even the biggest songs of today do not stand much of a chance at becoming truly relevant material in the future. 

12 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

Well if you would actually read what I was saying instead of proving yourself to be as vapid & annoying as your comments are I never said people were being assaulted by the FF singles in 2017. What I said was.. The... Songs... Were... Played-Out... So... Much... So... That... As... Of... Right... Now... They... Are... Still... Freshly... Stale. 

Oh okay. Yes I didn't read that right. You said they got played so much that people are sick of them right? Well sorry but it sounds like you're just making excuses. Rihanna's We found love (the same year) was TWICE as big as I Wanna Go on radio and the streaming of that song is perfectly fine. I could come up with dozens of examples. The FF singles weren't even that dominant, 101M audience is not some HUGE number. Songs the same year peaked with DOUBLE the audience and their streaming is amazing. If anything, big airplay helps the song stay remembered, not the opposite.

Just now, button said:

Oh okay. Yes I didn't read that right. You said they got played so much that people are sick of them right? Well sorry but it sounds like you're just making excuses. Rihanna's We found love (the same year) was TWICE as big as I Wanna Go on radio and the streaming of that song is perfectly fine. I could come up with dozens of examples. The FF singles weren't even that dominant, 101M audience is not some HUGE number. Songs the same year peaked with DOUBLE the audience and their streaming is amazing.

Your also talking about Rihanna tho, an artist who is an icon of TODAY. The audience that found her & love her are still in their prime years of consumption. There is a reason they market music to specific age ranges & that's because when your in that age range you are 10x more active in buying & socializing with the music you live for. The Rihanna Stans are much more active than Britney's core base & even if they love Britney they do not relate to her as much as they relate to an artist that is specifically generational to them. 

3 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

TBH with you this brings up a whole new set of things. I was just having a conversation with a few musicians about the business & how it's changing. The way audiences rapidly eat up material & move on to the next is growing quick!! The digital age of music has made everything become instantly successful & the wide range of material that's out for instant access is going to make it extremely hard for any artists to maintain any sort of longevity with their material. The days of ICONS are kind of dying out, songs nor albums are treasured the way they were in the past. There is such a rapid succession of what's HOT that even the biggest songs of today do not stand much of a chance at becoming truly relevant material in the future. 

There are countless 2011 hits that are still very much remembered today and have stats nowhere near as embarassing as hers. Britney just failed at achieving that with her 2011 singles. You may argue that the songs are by newer artists like Adele, but just take a look at this.

http://www.kworb.net/youtube/video/VBmMU_iwe6U.html

http://www.kworb.net/youtube/video/OpQFFLBMEPI.html

Why didn't people move on from these songs despite being released in the digital age like you're claiming? If her peers did it, there's no excuse for her, she could have done it as well. Just not with those songs!

7 minutes ago, button said:

There are countless 2011 hits that are still very much remembered today and have stats nowhere near as embarassing as hers. Britney just failed at achieving that with her 2011 singles. You may argue that the songs are by newer artists like Adele, but just take a look at this.

http://www.kworb.net/youtube/video/VBmMU_iwe6U.html

http://www.kworb.net/youtube/video/OpQFFLBMEPI.html

Why didn't people move on from these songs despite being released in the digital age like you're claiming? If her peers did it, there's no excuse for her, she could have done it as well. Just not with those songs!

It would be interesting if you calculated the streams of Dr Luke produced songs against songs by other producers. 

15 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

Your also talking about Rihanna tho, an artist who is an icon of TODAY. The audience that found her & love her are still in their prime years of consumption. There is a reason they market music to specific age ranges & that's because when your in that age range you are 10x more active in buying & socializing with the music you live for. The Rihanna Stans are much more active than Britney's core base & even if they love Britney they do not relate to her as much as they relate to an artist that is specifically generational to them. 

This doesn't make much sense since radio overplayed Rihanna's songs to the whole American general public, not only her "stans" yet the public is still streaming them. Rihanna doesn't even have that big of a core fanbase. The Gp has her back which is mostly why she's so successful. I also find it interesting how you used the over-playing argument for Lucky/Blackout (when Britney was still relevant) but it suddenly doesn't apply to Rihanna. So radio overplayed both of their songs but only Rihanna's songs managed to stay relevant despite both being in their primes? Strange.

ANYWAYS, to remove any ambiguity, I brought up Britney's peers (Bey and Pink) who are way past their prime and have better recurrent stats from 2011-2012 singles. Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

It would be interesting if you calculated the streams of Dr Luke produced songs against songs by other producers. 

Katy Perry's hit songs are produced by Dr Luke. I'm sure you have an idea about their streaming!

What is on your mind anyways? You think Dr Luke's name is making the streaming of the FF singles weak? :NYsassy:

3 minutes ago, button said:

This doesn't make much sense since radio overplayed Rihanna's songs to the whole American general public, not only her "stans" yet the public is still streaming them. Rihanna doesn't even have that big of a core fanbase. The Gp has her back which is mostly why she's so successful. I also find it interesting how you used the over-playing argument for Lucky/Blackout (when Britney was still relevant) but it suddenly doesn't apply to Rihanna. So radio overplayed both of their songs but Rihanna's songs managed to stay relevant despite both being in their primes? Strange.

ANYWAYS, to remove any ambiguity, I brought up Britney's peers who are way past their prime and have better recurrent stats from 2011 singles. Thoughts?

First of all there is no realistic way to calculate the amount of times that fans listened to Britney's older songs back when she was in her prime but You haven't proven anything at all other than my point. Rihanna does have a massive base & she is generational to the age group that consumes music at a much higher level. Britney did not come up in the digital age & her core base does not consume music the same way that younger audiences do. Also it would make perfect sense that TTWE & IWG aren't streaming as much right now because even though they were HOT songs the audience who streams their content on a regular & more frequent basis are not as enamoured by her as they are Rihanna. 

1 minute ago, button said:

Katy Perry's hit songs are produced by Dr Luke. I'm sure you have an idea about their streaming!

What is on your mind anyways? You think Dr Luke's name is making the streaming of the FF singles weak? :NYsassy:

No, but that would be an interesting theory.. Dr Luke had a very specific style & he used many of the same progressions over & over in his music. When a sound comes up like that and it's everywhere all of the time the sound of that specific producer becomes toxic. Such as Timbaland at one point, it would be interesting to see statistical data on specifically his material. 

14 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

First of all there is no realistic way to calculate the amount of times that fans listened to Britney's older songs back when she was in her prime but You haven't proven anything at all other than my point. Rihanna does have a massive base & she is generational to the age group that consumes music at a much higher level. Britney did not come up in the digital age & her core base does not consume music the same way that younger audiences do. Also it would make perfect sense that TTWE & IWG aren't streaming as much right now because even though they were HOT songs the audience who streams their content on a regular & more frequent basis are not as enamoured by her as they are Rihanna. 

Actually there is. There were video streaming services like AOL and Yahoo and there is data for Britney. Her streaming was absolutely huge throughout 2003-2006.

This didn't happen with the FF singles unfortunately. And for the second time, Rihanna does not have a big fanbase. She never had big opening weeks like Britney or Beyoncé, she's a general public darling and also a radio darling. She's the opposite of them. A fanbase simply cannot influence streaming numbers so much. If that was the case, Britney would have had no problem transitioning into the digital/streaming era because her pre-2012 fanbase was extremely big. The "Femme Fatale" trend lasted over 6 days on twitter, remember?

Anywyas, you haven't answered me about Britney's peers. They did it, she didn't. I still stand by my initial claim that the songs were not memorable, there's nothing special about them. You CANNOT justify everything by bringing up "core audiences". Britney has little fans left, yet Toxic is bigger than ever on Youtube. A song gets good stats when it latches onto the public.

Archived