Why are the Femme Fatale "hit" singles forgotten? (Spotify)

Lou M. Taylor

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Till the World Ends is still in that Top 10 so I don't really get your point?

Work ***** is considered a flop by her standards, yet it's still being streamed more?

Spotify isn't the only indicator of streaming. Remember that Apple Music and VEVO exist.

It isn't in the top 10 loool. I removed a few songs, it's actually worse than that. :orangu::orangu:

Apple Music doesn't release numbers so why you're mentioning it is beyond me. As if the singles were doing better on a smaller streaming platform anyways. :orangu: And the streaming is not good on VEVO either sweetie, I posted links throughout the thread. They're below Sometimes for god's sake :orangu:

33 minutes ago, button said:

There are countless 2011 hits that are still very much remembered today and have stats nowhere near as embarassing as hers. Britney just failed at achieving that with her 2011 singles. You may argue that the songs are by newer artists like Adele, but just take a look at this.

http://www.kworb.net/youtube/video/VBmMU_iwe6U.html

http://www.kworb.net/youtube/video/OpQFFLBMEPI.html

Why didn't people move on from these songs despite being released in the digital age like you're claiming? If her peers did it, there's no excuse for her, she could have done it as well. Just not with those songs!

Just Give Me a Reason isn't from 2011.

and Run the World (Sample) isn't getting more streams because of it being that big, it's because she's been giving it exposure.

6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Just Give Me a Reason isn't from 2011.

and Run the World (Sample) isn't getting more streams because of it being that big, it's because she's been giving it exposure.

dsqjdlkqsdqd,qmld

Run the World has 146M Spotify streams. I Wanna Go has 38M and Hold it against me 26M and TTWE 55M. You think that without this promo from last year, they'd be anywhere close??? It has always been on top :orangu:

Who cares if JGMEAR isn't from 2011? Onyx told me Rihanna was getting good recurrent streams because she's a current artist. Well here comes P!nk who released her song 1 year later. :NYsassy:

1 minute ago, button said:

dsqjdlkqsdqd,qmld

Run the World has 146M Spotify streams. I Wanna Go has 38M and Hold it against me 26M and TTWE 55M. You think that without this promo from last year, they'd be anywhere close??? :orangu:

Who cares if JGMEAR isn't from 2011? Onyx told me Rihanna was getting good recurrent streams because she's a current artist. Well here comes P!nk who released her song 1 year later. :NYsassy:

It's common sense hunnie.

Beyonce has more streaming power generally speaking, Run the Sample was a flop at the time of release. Over the years, her media interest has risen a lot, getting her more streaming power and in addition to using Run the Flop as a feminist song, being used in TV commercials as well as big exposure like the Lip Sync Battle videos.

Rihanna has more streaming power because she is a current artist. She only caught her big break 10 years ago, Britney was 20 years ago.

Look at where we were with Britney 10 years into her career... was she not at the top of the world and debuting at #1 everywhere?

Anyway, next. :queenriri:

16 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's common sense hunnie.

Beyonce has more streaming power generally speaking, Run the Sample was a flop at the time of release. Over the years, her media interest has risen a lot, getting her more streaming power and in addition to using Run the Flop as a feminist song, being used in TV commercials as well as big exposure like the Lip Sync Battle videos.

Rihanna has more streaming power because she is a current artist. She only caught her big break 10 years ago, Britney was 20 years ago.

Look at where we were with Britney 10 years into her career... was she not at the top of the world and debuting at #1 everywhere?

Anyway, next. :queenriri:

Sweetie you really thought. This thread isn't about Britney not being a streaming force like Beyoncé and Rihanna. It's about how her hit singles from 2011 have TRAGIC streaming. We're talking about 10k-20k aday, meanwhile Lucky and Stronger are getting more sdjdskldsljksq :orangu: That's how forgotten the FF singles are yes. The Onyx guy justified this by radio overplaying them (ABSURD + they weren't even that dominant) which is when Rihanna came into the discussion. Maybe you should read the thread before commenting? Maybe? lmaooo :orangu:

You keep making excuses for Run the world as if I couldn't find another 2011 song from one of her peers with fine (not even great, just FINE) recurrent streaming thus nullifying the media propaganda and digital age bullshit. Maybe you should try answering the question "Why are FF singles stats tragic" instead of focusing on Beyoncé. Start by reading the thread.   :orangu:

(hint: They hopped on a trend that died by next year, they're just bland :orangu:)

8 minutes ago, button said:

Sweetie you really thought. This thread isn't about Britney not being a streaming force like Beyoncé and Rihanna. It's about how her hit singles from 2011 have TRAGIC streaming. We're talking about 10k-20k aday, meanwhile Lucky and Stronger are getting more sdjdskldsljksq :orangu: That's how forgotten the FF singles are yes. The Onyx guy justified this by radio overplaying them (ABSURD + they weren't even that dominant) which is when Rihanna came into the discussion. Maybe you should read the thread before commenting? Maybe? lmaooo :orangu:

You keep making excuses for Run the world as if I couldn't find another 2011 song from one of her peers with great recurrent streaming thus nullifying the media propaganda and digital age bullshit. Maybe you should try answering the question "Why are FF singles stats tragic" instead of focusing on Beyoncé. Start by reading the thread.   :orangu:

(hint: They hopped on a trend that died by next year, they're just bland :orangu:)

So what was really your point here? To trash the era as if you haven't already for the past few weeks?

You're basically giving yourself your own answer, so why make this thread?

Does Femme Fatale have you that pressed? The era is over hunty.

Which of her peers exactly? Run the World is really your only bet because neither P!nk not JT released anything in 2011 last I remembered.

Katy, Caca, etc. are not her peers.

Femme Fatale's singles aren't as memorable as her singles from the past, it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a cynical thread to figure that one out.

Bai :bey:

12 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

So what was really your point here? To trash the era as if you haven't already for the past few weeks?

You're basically giving yourself your own answer, so why make this thread?

Does Femme Fatale have you that pressed? The era is over hunty.

Which of her peers exactly? Run the World is really your only bet because neither P!nk not JT released anything in 2011 last I remembered.

Katy, Caca, etc. are not her peers.

Femme Fatale's singles aren't as memorable as her singles from the past, it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a cynical thread to figure that one out.

Bai :bey:

Yup, I need people to acknowledge that FF had trash music with no timeless quality to it and stop praising that Dr Luke produced generic mess. They all think the era was good and everything was fine and that it was good for her career and that they wouldn't take it off from her career path if they could. Maybe these stats will knock some sense into them. She lost so much; her touring power, her image, her relevancy just for 3 quick hits that are not even remebered today. I wanted to see what kind of delusional posts they'd make up. They need a reality check tbh!  :bey:

Didn't you say Hold it against me slayed all of Beyoncé's #1s in that one thread? Well hope you got your reality check too :bey:

Ah yes. I just remembered. JLo released On the floor and it has 111M streams on Spotify. It's also a trash song but not I wanna go level of trash. :bey:

But do we really need to look at other artists' catalogue? Just a quick look at the OP tells us Femme fatale has not produced a classic. Some people just wanted to extend this for some reason and I went along. :bey:

12 minutes ago, button said:

Yup, I need people to acknowledge that FF had trash music with no timeless quality to it and stop praising that Dr Luke produced generic mess. They all think the era was good and everything was fine and that it was good for her career and that they wouldn't take it off from her career path if they could. Maybe these stats will knock some sense into them. She lost so much; her touring power, her image, her relevancy just for 3 quick hits that are not even remebered today. I wanted to see what kind of delusional posts they'd make up. They need a reality check tbh!  :bey:

Didn't you say Hold it against me slayed all of Beyoncé's #1s in that one thread? Well hope you got your reality check too :bey:

Ah yes. I just remembered. JLo released On the floor and it has 111M streams on Spotify. It's also a trash song but not I wanna go level of trash. :bey:

But do we really need to look at other artists' catalogue? Just a quick look at the OP tells us Femme fatale has not produced a classic. Some people just wanted to extend this for some reason and I went along. :bey:

We don't have any Dr. Luke stans here sis, only the delusional Max Martin ones that would rather sacrifice Britney's artistic freedom for a radio bop. :bey:

Femme Fatale was a terrible era in terms of Britney's public image, however it was able to cement a third decade in her legacy on top, gave her a #1 along with a Top 5 and a Top 10, spun 3 record breaking radio hits and garnered a huge hit for her overseas with Criminal. :bey:

It's a fun, NSA, current at the time dance record and she needed one in her discography. Madonna has Hard Candy, after all. :bey:

And yes, HIAM slays Beyowulf's #1's because it's better. :bey:

put on ring on dat bey :bey:

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

We don't have any Dr. Luke stans here sis, only the delusional Max Martin ones that would rather sacrifice Britney's artistic freedom for a radio bop. :bey:

Femme Fatale was a terrible era in terms of Britney's public image, however it was able to cement a third decade in her legacy on top, gave her a #1 along with a Top 5 and a Top 10, spun 3 record breaking radio hits and garnered a huge hit for her overseas with Criminal. :bey:

It's a fun, NSA, current at the time dance record and she needed one in her discography. Madonna has Hard Candy, after all. :bey:

And yes, HIAM slays Beyowulf's #1's because it's better. :bey:

put on ring on dat bey :bey:

**** Dr luke and Max Martin, both of them :fu:

Sweetie, the follow-up to Circus would have been huge either way. Even if Hold it against me was her farting for 4 minutes straight it would've gone #1. We could have had much better music for B7.

Madonna was more deserving of a Hard candy era than Britney. Madonna had already given all of her artistry to the world by 2008. It was way too early for Britney to start regressing artistically.

2 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

TTWE isn't even that low honestly and of course BOMT and OIDIA would be above it/them they're two of Britney's classics!  IDK why people including Britney lol seem to forget about HIAM.

nah it's pretty low. I removed a few songs. Shockingly it's below Gimme more which was overshadowed by Britney's breakdown and had 3.5 times less airplay than Till the world ends. Sucks to be that song :nochillbrit:

3 minutes ago, button said:

nah it's pretty low. I removed a few songs. Shockingly it's below Gimme more which was overshadowed by Britney's breakdown and had 3.5 times less airplay than Till the world ends. Sucks to be that song :nochillbrit:

It's still not that bad honestly, like I said before it's more concerning that Slave one of her most iconic songs is so low.....lower than TTWE. Also with TTWE and IWG they were extremely over played on radio and released only 6 years ago....so it's possible that people are sick of them still, I honestly could barely listen to Toxic for years after it was a single because it was so over played.   

6 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

It's still not that bad honestly, like I said before it's more concerning that Slave one of her most iconic songs is so low.....lower than TTWE. Also with TTWE and IWG they were extremely over played on radio and released only 6 years ago....so it's possible that people are sick of them still, I honestly could barely listen to Toxic for years after it was a single because it was so over played.   

let's not exaggerate sweetie. they were radio hits but nowhere as big as some truly overplayed songs that people got sick of. There are plenty of 2011 radio hits that have streaming that is fine anyways. let's not.

Slave's position looks fine. It wasn't some commercial smash or prolific radio hit like Toxic. I tend to think that the visuals are iconic, not the song itself anyways.

Just now, button said:

let's not exaggerate sweetie. they were radio hits but nowhere as big as some truly overplayed songs that people got sick of. There are plenty of 2011 radio hits that have streaming that is fine. let's not.

Slave's position looks fine. It wasn't some commercial smash or prolific radio hit like Toxic. I tend to think that the visuals are iconic, not the song itself anyways.

IWG was huge on radio

Archived