WARNING: This is a rant about the original Make Me video bc I am STILL not, and probably won't ever, be over it!

jamesedward94

I want to address some of things that people keep saying here: 

1. Yes, the original didn't really match the song, but the official didn't make sense either. After all the horrible moments we've seen since 2007, I'd rather watch the original video on repeat (****, raunchy and fierce Britney) than having to watch the official which is cringe-worthy to me, I seriously couldn't watch INTENTIONALLY more than once. And yes, it ruined the entire era and not even an amazing MV like Slumber Party could fix the damage. 

2. Some of y'all saying it was cheap, gurl please. Britney is ***, her best videos are the ones that are really **** and controversial. Nobody's here for the sweet Britney. And let's be real, she needs a little controversy in order to gain some attention at the moment which will probably get more people to actually listen to her songs and MAYBE buy it. Let's not pretend like Britney is slaying charts and sales. It's such a waste than an amazing album like Glory wasn't acknowledged more than it did. Do y'all know that A LOT of people don't actually know she still makes music? Yup, a little attention right now wouldn't hurt. 

And at the end of the day her flop team, management, conservators, people telling her what to do/say in interviews and everything etc. need to go :nobitch:

I need my confident, outspoken and fierce Britney back :nobitch:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mohd93 said:

1. Yes, the original didn't really match the song, but the official didn't make sense either. After all the horrible moments we've seen since 2007, I'd rather watch the original video on repeat (****, raunchy and fierce Britney) than having to watch the official which is cringe-worthy to me, I seriously couldn't watch INTENTIONALLY more than once. And yes, it ruined the entire era and not even an amazing MV like Slumber Party could fix the damage. 

2. Some of y'all saying it was cheap, gurl please. Britney is ***, her best videos are the ones that are really **** and controversial. Nobody's here for the sweet Britney. And let's be real, she needs a little controversy in order to gain some attention at the moment which will probably get more people to actually listen to her songs and MAYBE buy it. Let's not pretend like Britney is slaying charts and sales. It's such a waste than an amazing album like Glory wasn't acknowledged more than it did. Do y'all know that A LOT of people don't actually know she still makes music? Yup, a little attention right now wouldn't hurt. 

And at the end of the day her flop team, management, conservators, people telling her what to do/say in interviews and everything etc. need to go :nobitch:

Thank you!

It looked SO much better, no doubt, but from what we saw, it looked like the typical formula every other pop star is using out there, selling ***...GP is already done with that formula ON Britney, i think a different video could be better to represent her legacy, but yeah, i'd rather this generic video than the other Disney **** bullshit. :4music: 

3 hours ago, Mohd93 said:

Slay me with your flawless response. :forkit:

3 hours ago, Patryczon said:

the moment that we knew iconic David Lachapelle will direct I was OVER THE MOON! He's my all time fave photographer and he's work is iconic on it's own. 

only Britney team could ruin such invesment...

I will NEVER understand how could her whole team be on set, see what they are shooting, how does it look on screen and then try to tell us they didn't knew how it turned out. It's one of the biggest lies to the Brit fan base ever. We deserve original video and I am more than sure Glory era would be much, much bigger… 

The fanbase can't let things like this just slide anymore because it's just going to happen again

I'm tired of people saying "get over it" because we shouldn't even have anything to get over in the beginning

Also, this era Britney called a 'rebirth'. I think the official Make Me video was exactly that.

It was good to reintroduce Britney to people as a grown up, independant,strong, ******** empowered business woman calling the shots.

The gp's image of Britney for YEARS has been crazy, can't look after herself & micro managed so I was glad people got to see her like that.

They got to see her objectifying the guys and not herself which was great.

I think Glory has been a wonderful image cleaning era.

I honestly nearly had a heart attack this era with how she has finally after 18 years won over my mum who has consistently detested Britney forever. Not even For the Record could change opinions. But Glory interviews did.

This was the first time in my life as a fan my family could watch her skits and interviews and actually laugh with her rather than at her. The first time they found her intelligent in interviews and didn't mock her.

The first era my straight brothers and friends enjoyed her music and ASKED me to put Glory on in the car.

She is finally consistent it seems. People talk so fondly about the Circus era but I can't because the consistency wasn't there back then.

She was in great form and then quickly fell off. She has been very evidently passionate about her projects and 'In The Zone' since 2015. If she wants this she should build

on the foundations she's layed with Glory and come out in a couple months with a big single with a big video. The worst thing to do would be to go backwards and release a generic dr luke esque track. Tbh I've never been a fan of a lot of her music except the obvious amazing singles. Glory however was track after track slayage with the exception of no more than 2 tracks. The vocals are there, the production, the experimenting.

The vibe is more mature and actually fits her voice and feels cool and ****. It is music anyone could play and not feel embarassed by.

We need a Make Me 2.0 but bigger

I really liked the dance scenes. I don't agree with people saying it's "too gay" (whatever that means).. look at Kylie Minogue's "Slow" video. It's **** as hell and one of her all time best videos. 

Having said that, here's my theory on the original Make Me video and why it got scrapped:

Maybe LaChapelle, with this video, wanted to show the over-sexualization of Britney. How she is artificially placed in scenes that don't make any sense. *** for the sake of ***, not for the sake of cohesiveness or  purpose. And how she sort of feels trapped in this image. Hence the cage she's trapped in naked with painted *****, or her sitting between all these guys working out like a brothel owner. Or the *** scene with G-Eazy.. it just feels like LaChapelle wanted to mock her career in a way. Like it's all vapid *** and there's nothing of substance, no deep meaning behind any of it. As long as she looks like ***, that's all there is to Britney.

And I could see how that didn't sit well with RCA, Britney's team or Britney herself.

the fact you are looking for the most stupid details for saying the video was bad:byebitch:

"it's the worst mv cuz it doesn't match the lyrics!!!!!!"

*the song's about having *** and ooh ooh, britney appears with G-eazy on a bedroom making ****

oh hell no that scene is corny as ****!!!!! doesn't make any sense!!!!11

the contradiction at the best. :grimace:

4 hours ago, ohoney said:

It looked SO much better, no doubt, but from what we saw, it looked like the typical formula every other pop star is using out there, selling ***...GP is already done with that formula ON Britney, i think a different video could be better to represent her legacy, but yeah, i'd rather this generic video than the other Disney **** bullshit. :4music: 

I guess the formula "having fun with girl friends" really work! :4music:

Are you trying to MAKE ME ****** cry? She looks like a DOLL in the over exposed shots starting at 0:36, It's like a live action DLC picture, I'll never get over this ****, IDC about body doubles or* anything, it's better than stretching her out like some CGI Sim aka POM, And WB. This video was everything. To think, they dangled this damn carrot for the longest, only to cut it....smh :meltdown:

"It just didn't work.."

:otears:

I understand a body double for the tv scene but the beginning? Idgi :plzexplain: 

the original video is amazing, but when I've shown friends both videos they all said they prefer the official as the original looked like too much :squintney:

It definetly would of been added to her greatest videos tbh but we got the shitty official one :queenriri: 

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, AdamSkye said:

Also, this era Britney called a 'rebirth'. I think the official Make Me video was exactly that.

It was good to reintroduce Britney to people as a grown up, independant,strong, ******** empowered business woman calling the shots.

The gp's image of Britney for YEARS has been crazy, can't look after herself & micro managed so I was glad people got to see her like that.

They got to see her objectifying the guys and not herself which was great.

I think Glory has been a wonderful image cleaning era.

I honestly nearly had a heart attack this era with how she has finally after 18 years won over my mum who has consistently detested Britney forever. Not even For the Record could change opinions. But Glory interviews did.

This was the first time in my life as a fan my family could watch her skits and interviews and actually laugh with her rather than at her. The first time they found her intelligent in interviews and didn't mock her.

The first era my straight brothers and friends enjoyed her music and ASKED me to put Glory on in the car.

She is finally consistent it seems. People talk so fondly about the Circus era but I can't because the consistency wasn't there back then.

She was in great form and then quickly fell off. She has been very evidently passionate about her projects and 'In The Zone' since 2015. If she wants this she should build

on the foundations she's layed with Glory and come out in a couple months with a big single with a big video. The worst thing to do would be to go backwards and release a generic dr luke esque track. Tbh I've never been a fan of a lot of her music except the obvious amazing singles. Glory however was track after track slayage with the exception of no more than 2 tracks. The vocals are there, the production, the experimenting.

The vibe is more mature and actually fits her voice and feels cool and ****. It is music anyone could play and not feel embarassed by.

We need a Make Me 2.0 but bigger

I think she was ready to go big but its someone or some people that held her back. Its not the first time so I dont point blame on Britney and she is never ashamed to be overly ******.

18 hours ago, Nando. said:

To the people quoting me saying not all videos need to match the lyrics, the case here with the original make me is that it goes COMPLETELY against the lyrics. Shes looking for a night with this one guy, instead we would get her killing him and destroying his house, AND having *** with another man in the bedroom, the rapper. And if she was killing him because he didnt make her ooh, like someone pointed out, you really think that is a creative output? Wtf. Yes, she was incredibly hot in it and yes it would have been controversial but it was indeed a mess of a video and theres no denying we can see why she choose not to go with it in the first place. And now PLEASE tell me another video of hers that goes COMPLETELY against the lyrics of the song shes promoting. Please.

We dont know the whole thing about the video neither we know about the scene where shes ruining a house. We also dont know the scene in which she is in long green dress. 

And leaving everything aside u basically say what weve got at the end is better than a video doesnt go along with lyrics? 

Nothing would have been a good move nor a cheap production video would have helped after a already shot video. Even discussing it is useless. 

What Beitney needed was a controversial video not some meaningfull lyrics as if everything in this world makes sense yet in Hoolywood :mhm: 

Just now, MaPlayz said:

I really liked the dance scenes. I don't agree with people saying it's "too gay" (whatever that means).. look at Kylie Minogue's "Slow" video. It's **** as hell and one of her all time best videos. 

Having said that, here's my theory on the original Make Me video and why it got scrapped:

Maybe LaChapelle, with this video, wanted to show the over-sexualization of Britney. How she is artificially placed in scenes that don't make any sense. *** for the sake of ***, not for the sake of cohesiveness or  purpose. And how she sort of feels trapped in this image. Hence the cage she's trapped in naked with painted *****, or her sitting between all these guys working out like a brothel owner. Or the *** scene with G-Eazy.. it just feels like LaChapelle wanted to mock her career in a way. Like it's all vapid *** and there's nothing of substance, no deep meaning behind any of it. As long as she looks like ***, that's all there is to Britney.

And I could see how that didn't sit well with RCA, Britney's team or Britney herself.

It definitely was not that.

The song is strong and about her getting what she wants and about ****** empowerment.

The video was to reflect this.

The guys half naked working out around her as she lounges there with her hand on a guys abs like she's the boss.

The guy cheats on her and she kills him by throwing the tv in the pool. She then dances above his body in the pool in nothing but glitter and then ***** G Eazy as the tv floating in the pool by the dead ex plays it.

I think the cage is just symbolism like she's a caged wild animal - a tigress. 

Just like how in She Wolf the cage didn't represent shakira's 'caged' mind.

9 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I think she was ready to go big but its someone or some people that held her back. Its not the first time so I dont point blame on Britney and she is never ashamed to be overly ******.

At some point, she was ashamed. She cut a few scenes from WB because it was too ******. But I don't think that happened with Make Me. 

Archived