WARNING: This is a rant about the original Make Me video bc I am STILL not, and probably won't ever, be over it!

jamesedward94

I just still cannot believe what happened....

I mean it literally would'be made the era AMAZING. I know people don't wanna talk about it anymore but I was just watching the clips leaked from the original and they still slay me. The song would've been a #1 hit and we all know it it. It was literally THE type of video that would've made people watch more than once. Slightly shocking with the guy dying in the pool, and Britney being possibly her sexiest ever, especially in the cage with the red glitter. And then her meeting G-Eazy to have ***. And I think, overall, the video just had such a strong style and look and vision that just made it stand out and look edgy. 

I just really do not understand why they did this to us. This fan base has had to suffer so ******* much!!!

Her legacy would be SO MUCH BIGGER if it just weren't for all of these these post-breakdown mistakes. Why promote a video shoot SO DAMN much and even have an interview on set and then scrap it completely? That just just doesn't happen to other artists. 

Sorry, I just had to eat it out. 

I'm still sad. 

:crying1:

RIP MAKE ME 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda wanted to agree, when I was reading your post. Because the era did die because of it.

but I just watched the link you posted and apart from the dance scenes in the beginning, that video would have RUINED her.

For lots of reasons. the red glitter **** would make the video get censored or blocked on youtube. Pissing the fans and making it not available to the gp. (Besides it being totally uncalled for, I personally thought it was too raunchy)

second. There were body doubles. Fans were already EXTREMELY pissed with the body doubles in HIAM and TTWE, and we wouldnt take another breakdown like that. The first britney walking to set IS NOT her, and the britney throwing the tv IS NOT her as well. Drama.

third. She and g eazy getting it on on a random bedroom with a fan on the ceiling, low budget af, corny af.

fourth. The tv on the pool. Where the **** are the after effects professionals to make it seem more real? It seems like they put the images on top of the sinking tv like you put a picture on top of another on paint. Not controversial. LAME. Thats what that scene is.

Im not defending the official video we got. Never. But it is totally britney on its core and I think we should appreciate that.

9 minutes ago, Nando. said:

I kinda wanted to agree, when I was reading your post. Because the era did die because of it.

but I just watched the link you posted and apart from the dance scenes in the beginning, that video would have RUINED her.

For lots of reasons. the red glitter **** would make the video get censored or blocked on youtube. Pissing the fans and making it not available to the gp. (Besides it being totally uncalled for, I personally thought it was too raunchy)

second. There were body doubles. Fans were already EXTREMELY pissed with the body doubles in HIAM and TTWE, and we wouldnt take another breakdown like that. The first britney walking to set IS NOT her, and the britney throwing the tv IS NOT her as well. Drama.

third. She and g eazy getting it on on a random bedroom with a fan on the ceiling, low budget af, corny af.

fourth. The tv on the pool. Where the **** are the after effects professionals to make it seem more real? It seems like they put the images on top of the sinking tv like you put a picture on top of another on paint. Not controversial. LAME. Thats what that scene is.

Im not defending the official video we got. Never. But it is totally britney on its core and I think we should appreciate that.

I don't think it would have been blocked on Youtube, their are some pretty ****** music videos on there. It would probably only have gotten age-restricted.

10 minutes ago, Nando. said:

Would love to disagree about the body doubles, but I've just noticed that myself. Thanks for spotting it out! 

6 minutes ago, Nando. said:

Body double?? While the evidence for the prior vids you mentioned stand, is there any for this..

While I like the look and dancing of the original Make Me video, I feel it seemed really out of sync with the feel of the song.

Just now, Nando. said:

This and a million times this.

The official video is very simple and not an event at all but you can really feel Britney in it which I love. It's the only music video I ever bought funnily.

We never get videos like that from Britney and I found it fresh. In the same way I found the vma performance fresh.

I don't wish for the original video - What I really wished for was a Make Me video with her in the single cover costume dancing in the desert.

That would have been so artsy and suited the song. But I do appreciate the 'inside' look into a day in Britney's life that was the official video.

8 minutes ago, britneyluv2001 said:

I don't think it would have been blocked on Youtube, their are some pretty ****** music videos on there. It would probably only have gotten age-restricted.

Thats what i meant by blocked on youtube. I was searching for the term, age restriction, sorry

10 minutes ago, sea3chel said:

Body double?? While the evidence for the prior vids you mentioned stand, is there any for this..

While I like the look and dancing of the original Make Me video, I feel it seemed really out of sync with the feel of the song.

That is not britney's butt in the beginning, that is not the way she walks as well. I know its kinda hard to set this in stone by saying it but watch paying attention. The throwing of the tv is also not her sadly, and I thought it was common knowledge in the fanbase.

22 minutes ago, Nando. said:

Those clips were raw footage. It wasn't actual clips of the final video.

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Those clips were raw footage. It wasn't actual clips of the final video.

Fans keep bringing this up but what they dont realise is that there probably isnt a full video to begin with. If they leaked in this stage and got cancelled it was probably not finished. Def a first cut that was rejected by her label. Source: am a video editor myself

Just now, Nando. said:

Fans keep bringing this up but what they dont realise is that there is probably NOT a full video. If they leaked in this stage and was cancelled it was probably not finished. Def a first cut that was rejected by her label. Source: am a video editor myself

Exactly. But we can't judge just based on the raw footage if we can't see the final cut with any effects or added visuals and editing.

6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Exactly. But we can't judge just based on the raw footage if we can't see the final cut with any effects or added visuals and editing.

But you see, there were effects applied (like the horrible one on the pool's tv) and the main structure of the narrative is there. Beginning with her coming in, chorus dancing, house with the boys and tv throwing. There isnt an ending but I can just bet it wouldnt save the video. It probably involved that truck that she was driving and she was going to drive over the house. Does this seem like the make me lyrics to you? "Im dreaming a mile a minute, theres no way we're hiding away from this, make me..." when larry said it didnt match the song he was spot on. Where in it does it say she wants to kill her love interest?

1 hour ago, Nando. said:

That is not britney's butt in the beginning, that is not the way she walks as well. I know its kinda hard to set this in stone by saying it but watch paying attention. The throwing of the tv is also not her sadly, and I thought it was common knowledge in the fanbase.

:lostney:

1 hour ago, Nando. said:

But you see, there were effects applied (like the horrible one on the pool's tv) and the main structure of the narrative is there. Beginning with her coming in, chorus dancing, house with the boys and tv throwing. There isnt an ending but I can just bet it wouldnt save the video. It probably involved that truck that she was driving and she was going to drive over the house. Does this seem like the make me lyrics to you? "Im dreaming a mile a minute, theres no way we're hiding away from this, make me..." when larry said it didnt match the song he was spot on. Where in it does it say she wants to kill her love interest?

Why are you worrying about the plot of the video with the lyrics? :squintney: There's countless music  videos that have nothing to do with the lyrics whatsoever. A love song does NOT need to have a lovey romantic video. It is much more interesting to have the video portray the lyrics/music in another way than exactly what the song is about.

Archived