How Britney won 4 PCA if...

it's so much Better

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, button said:

Which is why I included in my argument both the size and activity of fanbases. Beyoncé's fanbase is big and buys her albums but does not vote for her, request her songs and promote her on social media. Britney was #4 on MTV Stars in 2015 and Beyoncé was #9. Rihanna was even lower. Britney fans are a lot more active than both of them when it comes to social media events. You never see Beyoncé or Rihanna fans requesting on Saturday Night Live, do you?

Winning against Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga and Shakira is not really surprising so I'm not sure why you're adding that category. Justin Timberlake does not have a fanbase. The only thing that's surprising is winning against Ariana Grande but we were a lot more organized than usual this year thanks to @Soni .

If you're suspecting that her team bought them then can you answer this? Why didn't she show up with her boyfriend looking hot and stuff to pick up her awards and get promo?

I feel like being obsessed with a celebrity is less common nowadays whereas back then everyone was obsessed with someone.  I think it's because there are too many to choose from and people are mostly seeking variety and never actually fully commit to one person and become a true "stan". 

Madonna fans are even crazier, and more committed than us I feel. I think this kind of obsession forms when you're less connected to your favorite artist and social media and stuff made celebrities like normal people now. lol It's just my theory. 

1 hour ago, button said:

Which is why I included in my argument both the size and activity of fanbases. Beyoncé's fanbase is big and buys her albums but does not vote for her, request her songs and promote her on social media. Britney was #4 on MTV Stars in 2015 and Beyoncé was #9. Rihanna was even lower. Britney fans are a lot more active than both of them when it comes to social media events. You never see Beyoncé or Rihanna fans requesting on Saturday Night Live, do you?

Winning against Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga and Shakira is not really surprising so I'm not sure why you're adding that category. Justin Timberlake does not have a fanbase. The only thing that's surprising is winning against Ariana Grande but we were a lot more organized than usual this year thanks to @Soni .

If you're suspecting that her team bought them then can you answer this? Why didn't she show up with her boyfriend looking hot and stuff to pick up her awards and get promo?

i get your point. but no i'm not implying rca bought her prizes. actually i was just genuinely interested, cause I feel like its time for Britney to breakout again with something. a new trend, a new smash hit, a viral video etc and having the support she had in the PCA (by the army i'm assuming) i thought it would be easier... but i must be mistaken. for britney to breakout again she needs the gp, not us. and by what you are saying (if you are right) is that PCA only measures the comittment of the stans - not the size of the fanbase or the gp.

but c'mon guys. we're not big anymore, no. i'll never accept  that glory selling 200k in the first week and then DYING ... it's major flop. and of course that for the next weeks to keep selling the gp needed to be interested, but in the first week it's all about the stans, and it was bad, really bad number. even CaCa got better number with Joanne (Which doesn't compare to Glory in quality terms, even 'tho it's deep sometimes)

1 hour ago, button said:

Maybe but don't forget Fifth Harmony fans are voting machines and many Britney fans confessed voting for G-Eazy along the way as well. Only Justin Timberlake winning looks suspicious. BUT if that's the case then they once again get it wrong because half of those acts didn't get exposure from winning. They should have made them record videos at least. Oooh and... if only they learnt how to handle their careers and used those deals and connexions to promote their music instead. I mean... where's the radio payola for Britney and Tinashe? What's good RCA? :xcuseme:

I don't follow stan twitter but just from younger siblings I get the impression that both Fifth Harmony fans and Ariana fans are both overzealous on social media. But other than that you have a GREAT counterpoint!! 

For Britney, RCA probably doesn't see the point in radio deals outside of the first week or two. She brings in more ancillary income for them and it seems their focus is on the ancillary market

12 minutes ago, it's so much Better said:

i get your point. but no i'm not implying rca bought her prizes. actually i was just genuinely interested, cause I feel like its time for Britney to breakout again with something. a new trend, a new smash hit, a viral video etc and having the support she had in the PCA (by the army i'm assuming) i thought it would be easier... but i must be mistaken. for britney to breakout again she needs the gp, not us. and by what you are saying (if you are right) is that PCA only measures the comittment of the stans - not the size of the fanbase or the gp.

but c'mon guys. we're not big anymore, no. i'll never accept  that glory selling 200k in the first week and then DYING ... it's major flop. and of course that for the next weeks to keep selling the gp needed to be interested, but in the first week it's all about the stans, and it was bad, really bad number. even CaCa got better number with Joanne (Which doesn't compare to Glory in quality terms, even 'tho it's deep sometimes)

that's exactly what I meant, yes.

15 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

I don't follow stan twitter but just from younger siblings I get the impression that both Fifth Harmony fans and Ariana fans are both overzealous on social media. But other than that you have a GREAT counterpoint!! 

For Britney, RCA probably doesn't see the point in radio deals outside of the first week or two. She brings in more ancillary income for them and it seems their focus is on the ancillary market

RCA only does 1 day radio deals for Britney and Slumber Party didn't even get it!! Only Make Me got the 1 day deal. They left the song for dead after the video dropped. Not even a discount was granted. I'm really confused as to what they're thinking or doing. It must be a mix of ****-ups from both the label and her team anyways. Also her own laziness. :rihstare:

2 hours ago, justkeepdoingit said:

+ i don't think only her young hardcore fans voted. housewives love her as well.

I second this, it's hard to notice but Britney actually has a lot of female fans that are around her age, it's just that, like Britney, they have kids too and raising a family could be more important than keeping up with a celebrity, hence why a lot of the gp doesn't even know she has a new album :sippingtea:

It's because we knew she deserved to win this time because of how she slayed us this year lol!
We had an Exhale and Universe having campaigns on voting (which don't have big populations but we voted several times a day for at least a month) and we really went hard this era with requesting and voting on everything.I think we gained more fans and/or old stans back.
I love the discussions here tbh :plzexplain: new points of view~

5 hours ago, I'mSoCurious said:

Thanks to @Soni :brit: Flawless Exhaler!

4 hours ago, button said:

:bigkiss:

Archived