What Britney Should Rebrand As...

Britney should really rebrand herself as a powerhouse singer that isn't so manufactured. Right now with her career, she's pretty irrelevant and she needs some major exposure. She needs to strengthen her vocals and go back to the days of BOMT where she sang live. Maybe an album like (I hate saying this but) Futuresex/Lovesounds or the 20/20 experience would really fit that type of aesthetic with singing live (and well). She can still dance and everything but the times shes gonna have a fast song to dance to, she needs to prerecord vocals. Maybe she can even release a song like Everyday but more up to date production-wise. Just not so much of a "poppy" Britney, but mature pop or R&B, even like Mariah type music (but the vocals :ponderney:...)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big yes!

singing live would definitely give her more credibility as an artist!!!

she should do that! She is a singer, not a dancer. People know for her songs but they feel like she is a manufactored singer with no passion.

she should get involved into her music and perform it live!

no choreographies, no backup dancers, no props, no headset.

just her standing with a microphone on live television!

:mjpopcorn:

Also I think JT's albums you mentioned are pure masterpieces and I would like similar sounds from Britney 

8 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Maybe not full powerhouse singer but more like live singing with little bits of dancing here and there :howiroll:

I feel like she should start performing like this again:

no, she's struggling

Songs like everyday, Baby boy and Love can build a bridge EREQUIRE her to simg from everywherre but her nose. 

her vocals are damaged due to the baby voice she's been doing....but i do agree she needs to rebrand. it's never going to happen with larry tho, she needs her first manager johnny wright (he's also jt's manager) and i think he could help britney with that 

She definitely needs a rebrand. Especially as she is getting older, that baby voice *** kitten thing looks desperate and weird. I feel like if she hasn't started taking her craft more seriously she probably won't. I mean she's so used to doing the bare minimum and not really pushing herself. But I feel like she had the potential to become so much more than what she did. And it sucks that other artists who have been out as long or longer than her have respect of the industry and it's almost laughable to be a britney fan now. I'd love for her to team up with Ed Sheeran (he writes nothing but smashes and currently has the #1 song in the country) and do an acoustic album, perform it in  small crowd, gain some buzz, repeat until ppl take her seriously. Go back to the basics of why she fell in love with singing. Idk just a thought.

Wasnt Glory supposed to be her rebrand? She said she was reinventing herself or something like that at first interviews from the era :ponderney:

Also Make Me is very different of what someone would expect from her.:howiroll: 

The problem was the marketing and promotion, she needs to put more effort in promotion, but that's the part she hates the most. I remember she said that back then.

This may be an unpopular opinion, however, as a Stan since '99 I think that Brit & her team should use the upcoming 20th Anniversary as a platform to launch a farewell album & tour. Now this doesn't mean that Britney would "retire" per say but I mean a farewell to Britney Spears as we know her. They should do a killer banger album & she should put everything she has into doing fantastic choreo for videos, performances & a tour. It would be a celebration of Britney Spears "The Pop Icon" & then it would allow her to focus on other aspects of her career for the future. Writing? Producing? Hyper developing her Fragrance Brand into make up, accessories, clothing?.. she could take time out to find passions for other things & maybe release some music that is off the cuff from what any labels would want from her. Even after a big "Tadaa" farewell 5 years or more into the future she could release new pop music here & there.. maybe revive the Vegas Show in the future. Idk, that would be something only time would tell. 

The reasoning behind my opinion is that Britney seems to enjoy herself for the most part but all in all her comments in interviews & on social media tend to lean towards her feeling as if "it's more a job" than maybe it was before. I also think that she has other talents & creativity to offer that may be surpressed right now by the demands of keeping "Britney Spears, Inc" rolling. Most importantly, she has defeated all of the odds that were against her & she truly came out on top. I would hate to see Britney trapped in this roundabout for the next 10 years where she just repeats the same kinda stuff over & over until she just fades away into Pop Obilivion. 

1 minute ago, mauureee said:

Wasnt Glory supposed to be her rebrand? She said she was reinventing herself or something like that at first interviews from the era :ponderney:

Also Make Me is very different of what someone would expect from her.:howiroll: 

The problem was the marketing and promotion, she needs to put more effort in promotion, but that's the part she hates the most. I remember she said that back then.

but pop music like Glory doesnt work when you get to be in your mid 30's. It's seen as desperate...look at Madonna. JT matured his sound greatly and look how successful he is now. Her music was definitely going into a more mature sound in 2005-2006 and even Blackout can somewhat be a more mature sound for her, especially only being 25 or 26 at the time (Heaven on Earth, Outta This World, Perfect Lover, Ooh Ooh baby, WSIBS?)

50 minutes ago, Eхх said:

Rebrand yourself and GTFO :NYsassy:

48 minutes ago, britneysslumberparty said:

...you don't have to be rude. I was giving a suggestion and my opinion because obviously her current formula isnt working for her career. :queenriri:

REBRAND YOURSELF.

YOU JUST DONT WORK.

SCRAP YOURSELF.

:NYsassy:

1 hour ago, britneysslumberparty said:

...you don't have to be rude. I was giving a suggestion and my opinion because obviously her current formula isnt working for her career. :queenriri:

How is it not working when she's still charting and being successfulI for almost 20 years though?

:queenriri:

What she needs is a new team that can market her in 2016.

1 hour ago, TomM0RE said:

Big yes!

singing live would definitely give her more credibility as an artist!!!

she should do that! She is a singer, not a dancer. People know for her songs but they feel like she is a manufactored singer with no passion.

she should get involved into her music and perform it live!

no choreographies, no backup dancers, no props, no headset.

just her standing with a microphone on live television! 

That would give me 1998 showcase teas and I would 100% be here for that!! :ahhh:

She tried to do something "different" with Glory and now everyone is asking for a pop hit like BOMT, HIAM, TTWE and more to be released as a single... If she releases something different, it will be the same. Those fans are the ones who don't let Britney change/try different things.

And I think she needs to write more personal songs, with more meaning than only ***. You can't relate with any song lately (Except for a few). And she needs to write more. Her songs are amazing (Someday, Everytime, Mona Lisa, even My Baby is great).And songs like everyday are beautiful. I still don't understand how it was scrapped. Oh, and of course, she needs to start singing live or at least with a backtrack. 

I would love to see as a not so manufactured singer :mhm:

Archived