Rumor: New album is in super-early phase; "Just Luv Me" / "Do You Wanna Come Over?" to be third (and last) single off "Glory"!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I'm talking pop culture impact. You think MM would be more familiar than MATM? 

A lot of songs are huge and won't be remembered in five years. Look at HIAM it's one of my fav singles but it is hardly impactful. It's right above MM. 

I'm not saying it did bad but it isn't going to be remembered with how it was treated. So there for it had little impact

Fair enough.

It doesn't change the fact that I said the song performed well. You then disagreed with that and brought up "impact". I was never talking about impact, solely chart performance.

Now you're backtracking but its ok, I think you recongized where you misstepped. 

i honestly believe there's no way britney will learn new choreo for DYWCO. if chosen as a single, they will use the POM choreo and it will be boring af. 

no shade to the song, i just think the lackluster performances from POM already tarnished its appeal.

i think better or change your mind with a new choreographer would be ideal.

:forkit:

3 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Fair enough.

It doesn't change the fact that I said the song performed well. You then disagreed with that and brought up "impact". I was never talking about impact, solely chart performance.

Now you're backtracking but its ok, I think you recongized where you misstepped. 

It performed okay. For a lead it didn't do great but times have changed and you need streaming and radio. I mean if all there cards weren't played it wasn't gonna happen. 

Its just really upsetting because the song is so good. 

1 minute ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

I would not even put JLM in Britney's 50 best songs :drown: I mean, it's cute and I like it, it's a good song but it really lacks something and the chorus is very underwhelming. It would flop as hard as Slumber too :drown:

I enjoy it and I get why ppl like it. It is a very meaningful song that sometimes we lack (same with Better) but it sounds like many songs. It's probably the most repetitive song on Glory. 

2 hours ago, Chico101 said:

I disgaree with you 100%. 

The scrapped and reworked video for Make Me were messy but the single performed well.

VMA was a letdown for who? you? That's your opinion. I personally loved the VMA performance.

There's nothing wrong with Tinashe.

Artist always recycle performances for shows, music videos and tours. It saves time and money. Get over it. Beyonce did that Single Ladies routine over & over and no-one complained...

Rushed performances? How can they be rushed if they are recycled? Make up your mind girl.

Anyways your post =>>> :trash:

I stand by what I said and MM did well for one wk stop being a delusional fan its not a good look.

It is what it is Glory probably haven't even did 300K in the US

SP is a straight up flop nothing will save the era its just easier to move on at this point

16 hours ago, alexdaily said:

I won't accept anything besides a dance/uptempo. Enough with this chill slow midtempo songs ffs! Can't you see they are not working for her :crying2:

They would work if she actually promoted. :forkit: Look at Make Me jumping back to its peak position after the VMAs. Imagine if the performance had been on the level of iconic like her others. :brit:

2 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I stand by what I said and MM did well for one wk stop being a delusional fan its not a good look.

It is what it is Glory probably haven't even did 300K in the US

SP is a straight up flop nothing will save the era its just easier to move on at this point

That's exactly why the songs will flop. People like you who move on when the song doesn't get instant chart success. 

Y'all don't want to spend the time and energy required to get hit songs but yet keep complaining and deeming things flops.

Only flops are y'all. 

:nyschool:

4 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

It's her least impactful lead single. How can you say that...

In America, both "Slave" and "Me against the music" are her least impactful lead singles on the charts. Both are hugely iconic tho and had impact on Pop culture. But on the US charts MM isn't her least impactful. 

Regarding her career and pop culture, yes MM is nowhere close to "Slave" and "MATM" but I personally think "Make me" will be more remembered than "Hold it against me" to be honest (at least in America). 

Archived