How do you think Britney feels about her career in its current condition?

I think Britney used to feel like she wanted to retire and give it all up at some point and move away, buy a ranch and have little girls.

I think she felt that the demand for her would always be as high as it was when she released Circus, I think she taught that she could go away and everyone would still care no matter what if she just did the bare minimum and went through the motions of recording and performing.

Things are steadily declining, Britney Jean was a flop by all standards but at least its lead single performed well and got worldwide attention and Vevo certified. With Glory, her lead single could not even do that and Slumber Party is the best video in years and is stuck at 35m views.

Britney in an interview recently said that she does pay attention to the numbers and I think the idea of retiring now is no longer on the cards for her, because lets face it, if she disappears for a few years, she will be completely forgotten especially by the younger generation and she knows it.

I think now that people don't care that much, that drive to be back at the top is back again for example the slumber party video, if this was even six months ago she would have edited out the licking milk scene and lesbian action with Tinashe.

This is what I think anyway, anyone agree, disagree? Lets discuss.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Serving Britney Realness said:

I think Britney used to feel like she wanted to retire and give it all up at some point and move away, buy a ranch and have little girls.

I think she felt that the demand for her would always be as high as it was when she released Circus, I think she taught that she could go away and everyone would still care no matter what if she just did the bare minimum and went through the motions of recording and performing.

Things are steadily declining, Britney Jean was a flop by all standards but at least its lead single performed well and got worldwide attention and Vevo certified. With Glory, her lead single could not even do that and Slumber Party is the best video in years and is stuck at 35m views.

Britney in an interview recently said that she does pay attention to the numbers and I think the idea of retiring now is no longer on the cards for her, because lets face it, if she disappears for a few years, she will be completely forgotten especially by the younger generation and she knows it.

I think now that people don't care that much, that drive to be back at the top is back again for example the slumber party video, if this was even six months ago she would have edited out the licking milk scene and lesbian action with Tinashe.

This is what I think anyway, anyone agree, disagree? Lets discuss.

Her legacy won't be forgotten, ever. She did in 20 years what most of the current artist are still trying to reach.

Those numbers for an artist like Britney Spears are ok.

5 hours ago, andreabeez1 said:

Her legacy won't be forgotten, ever. She did in 20 years what most of the current artist are still trying to reach.

Those numbers for an artist like Britney Spears are ok.

Are those numbers ok though or will her management say that she is not worth spending the money on anymore for flawless music videos and albums as she doesn't attract the numbers for people to care?

People will always be interested in Britney. They're just not always interested in the things she chooses to do. She really needs to do something that will turn heads. And she has a strong fan-base, not as strong as it once was yes, but we were able to get her a top3 debut with nearly 120k! That's great for 2016, especially all things considered (video backlash, the promo (good for Britney but still lacking), the price of the album, coming off of BJ and a nearly 20 yr old career)!

I think she's trying to slowly get herself out of this hole she's found herself in and 'Glory' is the perfect album to do that with. Of course none of the singles are going to be big hits, but as long as they're good and people hear them then it's still doing damage control. The NEXT album needs to be big though. 

I think she's content with it. Of course she would like it if her album and singles were more successful, but I think she's glad that she can still earn a high income in Vegas without having to put as much effort in.

Not saying that's a bad thing, she worked her *** off for nearly 20 years and deserves it.

She doesn't care. She just doesn't care. 

She gets an opportunity to promote Make Me and Glory at the VMAs and instead of coming up with something amazing - she does the POM choreo and then covers one of the G Eazy's songs :gloria: 

She had a whole album to showcase and she chose to promote G Eazy's song :gloria: 

She's not ambitious, she's not competitive, the fire she had is gone, I miss Primeney so much :(

Honestly, if she cared then she would give 110% where at the moment she is giving about 80%. Album was perfect (except for Mood Ring fiasco), the promo schedule has been great this era but the execution of it hasn't been so great. Girl needs to pull it together and either do some live singing or pre-record vocals because the level of dancing isn't a good enough display to mask the embrassing lip syncing (especially when her feats are singing live). People can not take current Britney seriously because she isn't evolving at all and that's why her career is taking a bit of a nose dive when it comes to sales. She can change that, she has to really want to though. All IMO:cutesybrit:

i think she feels safe... she getting her coins from vegas so she can shop at target like usual and get her coffee :slayney: 

she doesnt have to travel the world so she aint getting jetlack or tired as much :slayney:

she gets to be with her kids in a stable squeme :slayney: 

even the awardshows she attends are on vegas or L.A. :haha: 

i think she'll stay these way until her kids grow a bit older... like 2 o 3 more years :tiffhair: 

20 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

She doesn't care. She just doesn't care. 

She gets an opportunity to promote Make Me and Glory at the VMAs and instead of coming up with something amazing - she does the POM choreo and then covers one of the G Eazy's songs :gloria: 

She had a whole album to showcase and she chose to promote G Eazy's song :gloria: 

She's not ambitious, she's not competitive, the fire she had is gone, I miss Primeney so much :(

me 2 :crying1:

So is britney not considered a current artist? Is she a legacy artist?

for example artists like Cher, Janet or Mariah. We can't deny their impact but like no one is really paying attention to their newer bodies of work. They're doing well because they have that legacy to fall back on. They have the Loyal fans that will buy their stuff to do well but it will never be a smasher.

You actually make a very good point, but I honestly don't think she cares that much or she would push for more promo for GLORY ONLY, and actually dedicate time to perfecting her performances. I dont blame her in all honesty because she did SO much in the few years she was on top and unfortunately paid the consequences. I would love for Britney to be on top of the world again but im also happy knowing she is happy with her life, we had the primeney years lets just appreciate what we have now.

Archived