Britney Spears Is Upset With MTV! (VMAs Related)

Luminous

3 hours ago, danny1994 said:

I'm sorry, but I can't defend Britney here.

I can't even blame Britney's team.

I blame Britney for watering down the choreo from this-

To this-

That's all Britney's fault, probably because it was "too hard"

That was Make Me video choreography and the Make Me video was scrapped....

Why are you guys so hard-headed about this?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Video was scrapped, choreo was just changed. They kept parts of the choreo and removed the best parts, and probably the parts that were most difficult for Britney.

4 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

And remember, in IABJ she practiced the original choreo, then after she finished she yelled "that's hard!". We haven't seen her do that choreo since and we got something that looked like it was put together in 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

Britney stopped care be on the Top of the Charts since Femme Fatale. 

You know the fact that the Circus Tour was way more bigger than the I'm Sasha Fierce Tour? And Circus sold a lot more than Beyoncé album the first 3 months? And the end of the day Beyonce sold more because she promoted the album until 2010 and re-release the album multiple time (include a Feat with Gaga when she was the #1 pop artist) meanwhile Britney stopped promoted Circus Album after December of 2008. The promotion was only the Tour. 

But the Tour was more bigger than Beyoncé. 

In fact still on 2011, Britney was more huge than Beyoncé. Ok Beyoncé album 4 sold more in the first week than Femme Fatale (310K VS 276K) but 4 leaked like 2 weeks before the release and FF leaked a whole month before the release. But this time Beyoncé don't make a Tour but she did amazing multiple performances on TV (include the Last Show of Oprah) and multiples Big Festival like Glastonbury + the baby pregnancy, meanwhile Britney slayed Beyoncé in terms of Single Sales but she made a big downgrade in performances skills and she have a bad image during the whole era and she don't promoted the singles after the Release of the album. 

I gave specific years 2003 through 2006 because the original poster made it seem like Beyoncé was some marginally known pop artist right up until 2008. None of what you said has anything to do with those years. Who cares what sold more in the first 3 months that's the oddest parameter to put on the success of an album just to skewer it to Britney's favor. 

At the end of the day BOTH of these women have blazed a trail and left a legacy that won't be matched for a very very very long time. Dragging one just to lift the other is pointless and changes absolutely nothing. Both have something the other lacks and unbiased people can appreciate them and see them as peers that contributed heavily to pop culture. 

40 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Video was scrapped, choreo was just changed. They kept parts of the choreo and removed the best parts, and probably the parts that were most difficult for Britney.

You're forgetting MM is a mid-tempo and that would have looked ridiculous on stage....

There are breaks in that 50 second IG video (when she gets off the floor, pulls her bun tighter) that illustrate it was for scenes for the VIDEO.

This is like debating if Sometimes and Born To Make You Happy's video choreography should have been brought to life on stage.

No it shouldnt have and it wasn't lmao.

4 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

You're forgetting MM is a mid-tempo and that would have looked ridiculous on stage....

There are breaks in that 50 second IG video (when she gets off the floor, pulls her bun tighter) that illustrate it was for scenes for the VIDEO.

This is like debating if Sometimes and Born To Make You Happy's video choreography should have been brought to life on stage.

No it shouldnt have and it wasn't lmao.

Not sure if you remember the timeline, but the original MM video was already filmed in early June. The rehearsal video she shared was posted on July 15 and she was rehearsing choreo that she was going to perform live.

6 hours ago, danny1994 said:

I'm sorry, but I can't defend Britney here.

I can't even blame Britney's team.

I blame Britney for watering down the choreo from this-

To this-

That's all Britney's fault, probably because it was "too hard"

IF you go back and watch it her moves where tight and the performance was overall good. Just dwarfed behind such a huge production. Now I did love that rehearsal and COULD NOT WAIT TO SEE IT !!!! But I highly doubt my favorite move could be done in her boots, which may be how that whole part got cut. Knowing they gave it away as part of promo

They said nothing but the truth. The VMA performance was nothing but pale. Theifonce and riri outshine her so much. You'd expect an epic performance from Brit after 9 years absence on VMA. Some of you britards are lowering your standards every single time just to defend Britney blindly.

Well Britney would get more love from everybody if she didn't give us mediocre performance. Her performance was not up to the standards of Britney Spears WMAs performances. Oh and that outfit.

It's all about Britney and how much effort she wants to put in her career. End of story.

Peace.

Why is everyone hating on these guys?... :sassybrit:

we have been saying the same thing for like 2 years now. Idk what is going on in Britneys mind but it seems like she is seeing her career as a bit of fun on the side of her life or just a side job. At this point she needs to put her 100% in or nothing at all.

The VMA's could have been a huge night for her. I would have loved it if she performed MM, Clumsy, If I'm Dancing Just luv Me and SP in a mega mix type thing. 

She needs to go into pre 2007ney mode and bring back the competitiveness, iconicness and inject some fresh ideas and concepts into her career. Otherwise don't bother. :forkit:

this isn't britney bashing. If anything I'm trying to support her 

11 hours ago, blissfuloutsider said:

of course now that news beyonce was only given a ******* mini concert cause she demanded that and that she would win video of the year. she's a **** bag. I can't stand frauds.. they used Britney first to get a lot of hype then ****** with her doing that tbh.. Sorrynotsorry. :brit:

God bless Kanye's mouth 

i do think there was a big performance planned for britney, but then beyonce's team paid MTV for making her the star of the show.

britney was amazing, good energy, good dancing, but I mean, only 4 minutes? only 4 dancers? no props involved?

we know from BBMA that she's able to put an amazing performance, i'm sure something went wrong on the vmas

B.S.

They are taking the report for granted, they go for it and they let their hate flow just because that's what they can do.

Like it or not Britney wanted her performance this way and I am sure she gave 0 **** that she performed after Beyonce.

If she wanted a 15 minute performance she wouldn't give the half of her performance to a G-Easy song that performed it after again and again.

Truth be told, Britney rocked it in that stage. She came out alone, ****, moving sensual and energetic and portrayed her song the way she wanted.

Now smile for your pic with her :unbelievableney:

Archived