What era are "Pretty Girls" and "Tom's Diner" a part of?

BoyToySoldier

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Uhm no sis, the production alone is better than anything from BJ and is on par with FF. :forkit:

Yeah sis, but the vocals weren't really "there". It was overly autotuned. :gloss:

8 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Her vocals were overly processed.

It's catchy though. duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh

I couldn't say it better :queenriri:

I find it funny that everyone is shading Tom's Diner now. Tom's Diner was the first Britney track in three years (before Glory) that got universal praise, showed some artistic merit and was mature. It got rave reviews, if I remember, and everyone was pushing for it to be a single, and have a rerelease with a video. 

Pretty Girls was slightly different because it was so generic, it had its vocal moments, but was too safe.

but lets not pretend Tom's Diner was a huge step in the right direction after Femme Fatale. S&S, BJ and Pretty Girls.

Also, the vocals aren't autotuned, they're layered using melodyne. The lead vocal is incredibly raw, but it was background vocals (the part singing the descending scale) are the ones with the robotic effect on them. are we still arguing about what autotune is and what melodyne is? and has no one figured that out by now?

Archived