Dave Chappelle talking about 2007

BabyCan'tYouSee

Old show from Dave but he talks about how awful Hollywood is and why he quit then mentions Britney

I love Dave and I actually think he's being compassionate to Brit with this joke - he knows what it's like. However the audience took it as just another "Haha Britney Spears shaved her head" joke, nothing more. Really goes to show how awful everyone treated her back then (even 2 years later!). Imagine if someone like Taylor or Katy P went through something like that... I mean just look at Kanye. Everyone was praying for him and whatnot. Why didn't they do the same with Britney?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

Old show from Dave but he talks about how awful Hollywood is and why he quit then mentions Britney

I love Dave and I actually think he's being compassionate to Brit with this joke - he knows what it's like. However the audience took it as just another "Haha Britney Spears shaved her head" joke, nothing more. Really goes to show how awful everyone treated her back then (even 2 years later!). Imagine if someone like Taylor or Katy P went through something like that... I mean just look at Kanye. Everyone was praying for him and whatnot. Why didn't they do the same with Britney?

Media were making too much money off her breakdown to show any compassion. Even look at Selena, going to rehab etc. and she was given that privacy to get better from whatever she was going through - Britney wasn't given any privacy or anything like that. There are certain people that the public will decide 'had it coming', based off what the media reports, for instance if Bieber has some kind of more breakdown than he already sort of is I doubt we'll see any compassion. People are too stupid to think for themselves and realise abusing/stalking a vulnerable, mentally unstable at the time, young woman is pretty f--ked up, and this abuse went on for like 2 effing years! It's a disgrace. When Swift was getting all that backlash from the Kimye thing I even saw some articles saying it was bullying, so her bad press that lasted like 2 weeks was bullying but the 2 (or maybe more?) years of abuse/stalking and harassment for Britney was fine? I hate people :nyschool: And people stooped so low at that time, I never forgive that Sarah Silverman scum for saying that s--t about Brit's kids at 2007 VMA's. People were f--king awful. 

13 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Media were making too much money off her breakdown to show any compassion. Even look at Selena, going to rehab etc. and she was given that privacy to get better from whatever she was going through - Britney wasn't given any privacy or anything like that. There are certain people that the public will decide 'had it coming', based off what the media reports, for instance if Bieber has some kind of more breakdown than he already sort of is I doubt we'll see any compassion. People are too stupid to think for themselves and realise abusing/stalking a vulnerable, mentally unstable at the time, young woman is pretty f--ked up, and this abuse went on for like 2 effing years! It's a disgrace. When Swift was getting all that backlash from the Kimye thing I even saw some articles saying it was bullying, so her bad press that lasted like 2 weeks was bullying but the 2 (or maybe more?) years of abuse/stalking and harassment for Britney was fine? I hate people :nyschool: And people stooped so low at that time, I never forgive that Sarah Silverman scum for saying that s--t about Brit's kids at 2007 VMA's. People were f--king awful. 

THIS. YES. absolutely.

I also think sarah silverman crossed the line with that. My mom was like, appalled lol and she wasn't even a huge stan like me. Wasnt there rumours thats why her performance went so bad, I think it was right after sarahs opening comments? 

But anti bullying and trying to accept mental health issues is very new - it's a shame Britney didnt get the same empathy from the media back then. 

ps. just watched the opening comments and no, i was wrong it was after her performance. UGH THOUGH 

16 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Yes. I literally said this last week about Kanye. Everyone on twitter praying for Kanye. No one prayed for Britney. And I don't know what's wrong with Kanye but he a literal ******* for how he treats fans and how he talks down on a lot of ppl and he's getting compassion?! Britney was the sweetest person and got taken advantage of. My friend said it's because ppl had already deemed that she deserved it for getting married too young, stealing someone's man from his pregnant fiancé, cheating on JT, whatever. So no one caped for her because they saw her as the cause of it all. And I can totally agree. 

Archived