Dave Chappelle talking about 2007

BabyCan'tYouSee

18 hours ago, MX3 said:

THIS. YES. absolutely.

I also think sarah silverman crossed the line with that. My mom was like, appalled lol and she wasn't even a huge stan like me. Wasnt there rumours thats why her performance went so bad, I think it was right after sarahs opening comments? 

But anti bullying and trying to accept mental health issues is very new - it's a shame Britney didnt get the same empathy from the media back then. 

ps. just watched the opening comments and no, i was wrong it was after her performance. UGH THOUGH 

She totally did go too far I agree, anything mentioning kids is just out of line. I think Britney might have known Sarah was going to say something about her kids and it added to her nerves (Scumrez Hilton wrote something about it in his VILE open letter). According to someone in the youtube comments Sarah wrote in her book (wtf who would buy that ew) that she just expected Britney's performance would be awesome so she wasn't meaning her 'joke' to seem so nasty as it was delivered after Britney bombed BUT I don't buy that excuse since EVERYONE know at that time Britney was struggling, this was after she had shaved her head and been publicly breaking down for ages, so Sarah has no excuse. She just jumped on the bandwagon like the rest.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

Yes. I literally said this last week about Kanye. Everyone on twitter praying for Kanye. No one prayed for Britney. And I don't know what's wrong with Kanye but he a literal ******* for how he treats fans and how he talks down on a lot of ppl and he's getting compassion?! Britney was the sweetest person and got taken advantage of. My friend said it's because ppl had already deemed that she deserved it for getting married too young, stealing someone's man from his pregnant fiancé, cheating on JT, whatever. So no one caped for her because they saw her as the cause of it all. And I can totally agree. 

I think there's lot of truth in what your friend says, people viewed Britney as having had it coming - even if this is stuff plenty of other celebs had done. The JT thing, well we Britney stans know the truth of what a SCUM he is and the media (with help from *********) totally warped that and made Britney the big villain when the split should have been private anyway. With K-Fed, I don't think that was a great situation but you can't steal someone away, he had a choice and he is the one who betrayed his fiance, but of course people wanna place all the blame on Britney :sofedup: So yeah, to me there was a huge amount of media manipulation involved with Britney, they went out to make people hate her and it worked, they would probably do the same to any celeb today if it would benefit them but I don't think they'd get away with it now. So unfair for Britney :wontcry:

2 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

She totally did go too far I agree, anything mentioning kids is just out of line. I think Britney might have known Sarah was going to say something about her kids and it added to her nerves (Scumrez Hilton wrote something about it in his VILE open letter). According to someone in the youtube comments Sarah wrote in her book (wtf who would buy that ew) that she just expected Britney's performance would be awesome so she wasn't meaning her 'joke' to seem so nasty as it was delivered after Britney bombed BUT I don't buy that excuse since EVERYONE know at that time Britney was struggling, this was after she had shaved her head and been publicly breaking down for ages, so Sarah has no excuse. She just jumped on the bandwagon like the rest.

I dunno, I remember everyone expected her performance to be amazing. People were saying Britney's back, on the day, everyone was here for it. I've never seen anything so hyped in my life, when she bombed I think that's when people realised things were REALLY bad cos back then even with the tainted image, she had never done any half assed performance.

But of course, this c u n t has no excuse. What she said was vile and immoral, kicking her when she's down. Calling her kids mistakes when she was in the middle of a custody battle?! It actually makes me sad cos in the dateline interview she was so hurt by what people were saying but this is much worse and she was still in the building, it's cheap tacky humor

58 minutes ago, Glory(Hole) said:

This video makes me furious. They make fun of her mental state and her weight...

I forgot how vile people were to her. I try to avoid this era as much as possible. I lived through it and that was enough. None of this would fly today. **** these c*nts! 

I remember this had me livid at the time, it was the fact that people genuinely enjoyed kicking her, it wasn't even sneering, it was just like a big hilarious bullying joke

Archived