Anyone else hate OOPS I DID IT AGAIN (song and album)

britbabiie18

i have to honestly say that i never liked the song Oops I Did It Again, and I found the Oops! album to be pretty mediocre/bad. As a Britney Spears fan this seems to be looked at as nothing short of blasphemy. People act like its her crowning glory. Just because it sold so many copies does not mean it's good in my eyes. 

Baby One More time was a really good song, and i think You Drive Me Crazy (Stop Remix) was 1,000 times better of a song and video than Oops I Did It Again. Also people tend to think that Baby One More Time is almost identical to Oops in song structure and sound so they don't understand how I can like BOMT but hate Oops. i think the songs are very different. Baby One More Time has a more funky sound to it, the piano throughout the song adds dimension, her voice doesn't sound nearly as helium piitched, and that god awful middle part talking about the lost necklace at the bottom of the ocean in OOPS is just....horrendous.  The Oops album was pretty bad in my opinion too. Stronger is an ok song. i mostly just like the music video though, it was really good. all the other tracks on the album sound like filler and they all sound too similar. I never listen to Oops album.

Any other Britney fans feel this way? i just feel like i really am the only one. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont like the song too. I think its her worst lead single ever.

Im not so fond of the album either, but i used to love back then bc I was a child.

But it has some good songs like what you see is what you get, dont Go knocking on my door, where are you now, when you eyes say it, stronger. Lucky is cute too. I think its better than BOMT tho. BOMT is too childish and Disney like. Apart from the singles, the only track it stands out for me are I will be there and I Will still love you. Soda crap and the rest I couldnt Care less lol 

But i think u can see that oops was rushed tho.

13 minutes ago, britbabiie18 said:

i have to honestly say that i never liked the song Oops I Did It Again, and I found the Oops! album to be pretty mediocre/bad. As a Britney Spears fan this seems to be looked at as nothing short of blasphemy. People act like its her crowning glory. Just because it sold so many copies does not mean it's good in my eyes. 

Baby One More time was a really good song, and i think You Drive Me Crazy (Stop Remix) was 1,000 times better of a song and video than Oops I Did It Again. Also people tend to think that Baby One More Time is almost identical to Oops in song structure and sound so they don't understand how I can like BOMT but hate Oops. i think the songs are very different. Baby One More Time has a more funky sound to it, the piano throughout the song adds dimension, her voice doesn't sound nearly as helium piitched, and that god awful middle part talking about the lost necklace at the bottom of the ocean in OOPS is just....horrendous.  The Oops album was pretty bad in my opinion too. Stronger is an ok song. i mostly just like the music video though, it was really good. all the other tracks on the album sound like filler and they all sound too similar. I never listen to Oops album.

Any other Britney fans feel this way? i just feel like i really am the only one. 

THIS IS A MASTERPIECE

THIS NOSTALGIA

THIS VOCALSSSSSSSSSSSSS 

THIS HEARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

OOPS! She did it again :byesaltybitch:

i remember i was 12 when Oops I Did It Again first came out. Were you all about that same age? I just thought it was wayyy to cheesy of a song and her voice sounded like it was on helium

Then again I preferred more RnB songs then though, which might be another reason i disliked it. However, i loved BOMT song and Drive Me Crazy stop remix and i absolutley love almost all Madonna's early pop songs from the 80's (EXCEPT Like A Virgin i always thought that song was awful, but that album is great) , so i don't know if genre really has anything to do with it.

Just now, britbabiie18 said:

i remember i was 12 when Oops I Did It Again first came out. Were you all about that same age? I just thought it was wayyy to cheesy of a song and her voice sounded like it was on helium

Then again I preferred more RnB songs then though, which might be another reason i disliked it. However, i absolutley love almost all Madonna's early pop songs from the 80's (EXCEPT Like A Virgin i always thought that song was awful, but that album is great) , so i don't know if genre really has anything to do with it.

i was 4 

Archived