Anyone else hate OOPS I DID IT AGAIN (song and album)

britbabiie18

i think if any song from Britney's singles should get all the attention and applaud, it should be Toxic. That song , in my opinion was a masterpiece. i like to say that it was Britney's own personal "Vogue".  Meaning it did for Brit what Vogue did for Madonna. It was a dance song, that had very good instrumentation and arrangement, that was able to carry over very successfully to the adult pop fans and adult contemporary charts, while still being really liked by the younger fan base. 

The rockabilly guitars, the awesome chorus, the upbeat energy, not to mention the great choreography in performances and the amazing video! Toxic to me should get the hype popularity that OOPS always seems to get

Just my personal opinion.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I love OIDIA tbh, the album, naturally is pretty weak for modern standards, but back then it was considered VERY good. Also it has some gems showing off Britneys slayage vocals :mhm:

How the **** is it weak when it's still one of her best albums? There's no bad song in that album other than the Rolling Stones cover... (but I don't like the original either, so maybe it's just me...) it's literally a perfect album! :byebitch:

I can understand the hate for OIDIA song, it's too corny, i like it, but it's true, but the album is great, some corny songs, but most songs are great, i'm just mad she didn't release Don't Go Knockin on My Door, What U See(Is What You Get), Where Are You Now, it's one of her best albums, it's in my top 5 and it's immensely better than the BOMT album(most of the album was just filler) :wtfdidusay:

1 minute ago, Queen_Britney said:

How the **** is it weak when it's still one of her best albums? There's no bad song in that album other than the Rolling Stones cover... (but I don't like the original either, so maybe it's just me...) it's literally a perfect album! :byebitch:

The original rocks, that cover sucked.

Guest StrawberryKisses

WHERE ARE YOU NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Says hi

I def like the BOMT album better than OIDIA which is rare on exhale. 

I literally over-listened to it when i was like, 10/11 though. 

Ppl on here also looooove lucky but it's one of my least favourite singles. It's a little too cheesy for me - although once again, it was like my favourite song when I was 10 and I listened to it all the time and I think I just ruined it for myself cause that whole album reminds me of being an annoying obnoxious kid in grade 5 lmao. 

Oops the song/video though made me a huuuuge stan - and still would today. 

4 hours ago, britbabiie18 said:

i have to honestly say that i never liked the song Oops I Did It Again, and I found the Oops! album to be pretty mediocre/bad. As a Britney Spears fan this seems to be looked at as nothing short of blasphemy. People act like its her crowning glory. Just because it sold so many copies does not mean it's good in my eyes. 

Baby One More time was a really good song, and i think You Drive Me Crazy (Stop Remix) was 1,000 times better of a song and video than Oops I Did It Again. Also people tend to think that Baby One More Time is almost identical to Oops in song structure and sound so they don't understand how I can like BOMT but hate Oops. i think the songs are very different. Baby One More Time has a more funky sound to it, the piano throughout the song adds dimension, her voice doesn't sound nearly as helium piitched, and that god awful middle part talking about the lost necklace at the bottom of the ocean in OOPS is just....horrendous.  The Oops album was pretty bad in my opinion too. Stronger is an ok song. i mostly just like the music video though, it was really good. all the other tracks on the album sound like filler and they all sound too similar. I never listen to Oops album.

Any other Britney fans feel this way? i just feel like i really am the only one. 

nope **** off :NYsassy:

It's literally my favorite song ever. And the album too. :giggleney:

I think it's so much better than BOMT both the song and the album. Now that was a true evolution, from something that was already good to something excellent. The only songs I could consider fillers are You Got It All and probably When Your Eyes Say It. Even Dear Diary is iconicly bad and has its spot. 

I can't judge you, because probably you weren't born back then, or somehow you didn't know her music at the time, or you were a baby or something. But if you weren't, and you're saying this, then you clearly didn't like Britney Spears back then, basically, you don't like what Britney Spears is. And probably, she had to become the opposite of what she was, with, let me guess, Blackout, in order for you to become a fan, which is ok, but that's terrible for me. I recognize Britney Spears is so much more than just the Oops sound, and through the years has brought so many different sides of her as an artist, in her image, her sound, etc. But Oops is definitely what stated what Britney Spears was/is. It's what showed the world she wasn't a one hit wonder.

It's not that we consider it a great album because it sold many copies, but it's the other way around. It sold many copies because it was awesome. And yet, BOMT sold so much more, and I still believe Oops is better. Again, you should've lived it to understand it. Back in the day I had no idea about the charts or the number of sales, and yet there was something that made me like her and her music and her videos more than any other artist I used to watch/hear on the radio or TV.

I could get that you don't like songs like One Kiss From You, Girl in the Mirror, etc, but calling the whole album a bad album, and dissing Oops, Stronger, etc, it's just sad, because, I repeat, that's what Britney Spears is and what made possible any other album/song that came after it.

Archived