Newly-Engaged Ricky Martin Announces Las Vegas Residency

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Ricky Martin is livin la vida loca!

ricky-martin-engaged

Ricky Martin is livin la vida loca!

The Latin super star stopped by Ellen DeGeneres to announce his engagement to his boyfriend fiancé of one year, Jwan Yosef.

“He’s a conceptual artist and I’m a collector,” Martin said of Yosef, 32. “I started looking for art and I saw his art and I went crazy because I really love what he does. Really original. And then I contacted him.”

Martin is a father of 8-year-old twin sons, Valentino and Matteo.

Martin will also be joining Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Celine Dion, Backstreet Boys, Boyz II Men and many more in Las Vegas with his own residency.

“I’m going to be in Vegas,” Martin said of his new show at the revamped theatre inside the Monte Carlo. “I have a residency in Vegas. I’m really happy!”

Justin Timberlake and Adele are also rumored to pick up residencies in the same venue.

"I’m extremely excited to have my residency in Las Vegas; I have been thinking about it for years and to see it become a reality is just an unbelievable feeling. I’ve dedicated my entire life to the stage, and there is nothing I want more than to create the best show of my career and make it an unforgettable experience for each person that comes to see me at the incredible Park Theater at Monte Carlo," Martin said in a statement.

"Throughout my career, I have been fortunate to be able to share my culture through music while creating an exciting atmosphere where you have no choice but to have the best time, to dance and sing until we all forget our problems, to let go and be completely free...this new show will not be the exception. I'm inspired, and I can't wait to show you what we have in store," he added.

Ricky Martin's Las Vegas Residency Dates:

April: 5, 7, 8, 11, 14 & 15
June: 23, 24, 27 & 29
July: 1-2
Sept.: 12, 15, 16, 19, 22 & 23

Tickets for the residency are set to go on sale this Monday!

Watch:

Martin is currently on his One World Tour and is set to make stops in Mexico, Panama and Newark and New Jersey before wrapping up on December 15.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Yeah but I mean, I know him but can't even name one song from him. Do people living in the US really know his songs ? Does he have a chance to be successful with a Vegas residency ?

Viva la vida locka or whatever it's called made him famous. That's what he rely on mostly i guess. 

3 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Yeah but I mean, I know him but can't even name one song from him. Do people living in the US really know his songs ? Does he have a chance to be successful with a Vegas residency ?

He has a big following with Latin Americans, and Latins make up a third of the Vegas population. I think he'll do fine.

1 hour ago, Kamikazee said:

And just like Britney he's dating someone who's way under their league :gloria:

You said it, not me. :queenflopga: 

1 hour ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Does he even have 3 famous songs ? :weirdmeout:

1. Fuego Contra Fuego
  2. Fuego De Noche, Nieve De Dia
  3. Maria
  4. No Importa La Distancia (Go the Distance from Hercules)
  5. Vuelve
  6. The Cup of Life
  7. Livin' La Vida Loca
  8. Shake Your Bon-Bon
  9. She's All I Ever Had
  10. She Bangs
  11. Nobody Wants To Be Lonely
  12. I Don't Care
  13. Juramento
  14. Jaleo
  15. The Best Thing About Me Is You
  16. Adrenalina
  17. Adios
  18. Vida
  19. La Mordidita
  20. Vente Pa Ca

:mcwave: A full setlist, hunty.

5 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I love Ricky with a passion, but I'm not here for him being inspired by Britney's lack of touring. :byebitch:

His man is definitely hot for us average gays, but he's not hot enough for the god that is Ricky. :meltdown:

And how dare he get married to anyone but me? :gloss:

Like you said, :queenflopga: 

BrittonJeanSpears is definitely hot for us average gays, but he's not hot enough for the god that is Ricky. :meltdown:

Archived