(POLL) Britney's best vocals after Blackout

kasavas

Best Vocals?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Kuzco said:

How is Mood Ring a vocally powerful track ? :4music: god this fan base ...

What You Need is at the top of her game

i do not like that song 

but her vocals are on point and fr the first time in years , they're not chipmunk-ish  

And its even worse because more than one poster keeps saying "Mood Ring". :4music:

What You Need and Private Show are Britneys best studio vocals since....In the Zone. :comingthru:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She sounds GREAT in "What You Need," she has this real growl and grit to her voice that has essentially been absent since OIDIA (e.g., "Stronger").

IMO, Britney also delivers one of her best vocal performances in "Just Like Me," particularly during the verses. 

And I know it wasn't in the poll, but I find "Private Show" interesting because it's VERY hit and miss; of the former, she showcases an amazing, rarely used head voice/falsetto that blew me away the first time I ever heard it (the commercial), while the overly pitched "chipmunk" vocals constitute the misses. Overall, I think it's a highly experimental track for Britney vocally, and I appreciate it in that sense.

13 hours ago, Kuzco said:

How is Mood Ring a vocally powerful track ? :4music: god this fan base ...

What You Need is at the top of her game

i do not like that song 

but her vocals are on point and fr the first time in years , they're not chipmunk-ish  

Maintains a natural tone throughout the song unlike in WYN with those pinched nasally vocals. She sings amazing low notes and have pretty ok belts in the choruses and bridge. Don't come for Slay Ring. Though WYN does have its moments.

7 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

She sounds GREAT in "What You Need," she has this real growl and grit to her voice that has essentially been absent since OIDIA (e.g., "Stronger").

IMO, Britney also delivers one of her best vocal performances in "Just Like Me," particularly during the verses. 

And I know it wasn't in the poll, but I find "Private Show" interesting because it's VERY hit and miss; of the former, she showcases an amazing, rarely used head voice/falsetto that blew me away the first time I ever heard it (the commercial), while the overly pitched "chipmunk" vocals constitute the misses. Overall, I think it's a highly experimental track for Britney vocally, and I appreciate it in that sense.

I can't at people liking WYN vocals and not PS when they are essentially the same thing. She's belting the high notes through the nose. She's making use of melisma and her lows are good. The songs are so similar vocally it's astonishing only difference is she didn't have any of the high falsetto notes on WYN.

9 hours ago, Criminal4Britney said:

I can't at people liking WYN vocals and not PS when they are essentially the same thing. She's belting the high notes through the nose. She's making use of melisma and her lows are good. The songs are so similar vocally it's astonishing only difference is she didn't have any of the high falsetto notes on WYN.

I completely agree with the bolded text above. However, I think the reason people dislike PS vocals is because they sound as if they were overly pitched in the studio, and thus sound much more artificial than WYN vocals. Again, I think the highlight of the WYN vocals are the growls, while in PS the highlight is the falsetto. Just my own opinion, though! :)

Archived