Single Cover(s)

GAGE

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nick Jonas
8 hours ago, GAGE said:

Yeah it's not very Britneyesque but I mean she wanted artsy Fartsy, right? 

But what would you suggest to make it less Gaga like?:idkney:

I think it's the yellow hair. :verycool:

14 hours ago, GAGE said:

I stayed up late making this last night and I wanted you guys' opinions! I think it's really kind of artsy and I'm proud of it. :saycheese:

Slumber_Party_Cover.pngLiar2.png

I think you did a great job! I hope you don't take the criticism personally and use the feedback to keep getting even better. People are pretty blunt on here so it's just something you have to get used to and don't take it to heart. :)

But in my opinion, you definitely captured the essence of both songs:

1. Slumber Party: its title sounds like sweet, innocent, old-school Britney (hence the pink cursive font), but the image itself is sensual, modern and experimental, just like the track. I agree with some posters that it's more avant-garde than a typical Britney cover, hence the Gaga comparisons, but "Glory" sounds different from anything Britney's ever previously released, so I like the idea of going super creative on the artwork.

Suggestions: Maybe you could enhance the pink color on the eyelid and maybe even add another splash of color elsewhere? I say that only because with her face not being the focal point, and in black and white, the yellow additives to the hair become the focal point. I think more additional bright colors, but selectively placed, would even that out.

2. Liar: I love how you illustrated both the southern/country origins, as well as the badass Britney vibe, of the song.

Suggestions: However, in my opinion the color of the sunset in the background should be tempered down, to draw more attention to both Brit herself and the title of the single. This one has so much color, that everything is kind of popping out at once, if that makes sense? Also, although I LOVE this pic of Brit, if at all possible, I would find a more current photo given this is her brand new music. 

I hope you keep working on graphic design; you definitely seem to be creative and have a passion for it, so if you stick with it, you'll only get better. :)

7 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I think you did a great job! I hope you don't take the criticism personally and use the feedback to keep getting even better. People are pretty blunt on here so it's just something you have to get used to and don't take it to heart. :)

But in my opinion, you definitely captured the essence of both songs:

1. Slumber Party: its title sounds like sweet, innocent, old-school Britney (hence the pink cursive font), but the image itself is sensual, modern and experimental, just like the track. I agree with some posters that it's more avant-garde than a typical Britney cover, hence the Gaga comparisons, but "Glory" sounds different from anything Britney's ever previously released, so I like the idea of going super creative on the artwork.

Suggestions: Maybe you could enhance the pink color on the eyelid and maybe even add another splash of color elsewhere? I say that only because with her face not being the focal point, and in black and white, the yellow additives to the hair become the focal point. I think more additional bright colors, but selectively placed, would even that out.

2. Liar: I love how you illustrated both the southern/country origins, as well as the badass Britney vibe, of the song.

Suggestions: However, in my opinion the color of the sunset in the background should be tempered down, to draw more attention to both Brit herself and the title of the single. This one has so much color, that everything is kind of popping out at once, if that makes sense? Also, although I LOVE this pic of Brit, if at all possible, I would find a more current photo given this is her brand new music. 

I hope you keep working on graphic design; you definitely seem to be creative and have a passion for it, so if you stick with it, you'll only get better. :)

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it:bigkiss:

Archived