Make Me Music Video: What it could've been...

iZacaree

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, iZacaree said:

When Britney released "Make Me..." (audio) and its cover art, I thought for sure that the music video would take place in the desert. Actually, I thought the cover art might be a still from the music video. I mean, this cover art is FLAWLESS - probably one of her most beautiful covers for any album or single (it honestly should've been the album cover for "Glory", IMO) so I was prepared to be slayed by an iconic, desert video. THEN, scenes from the original (LaChapelle) video started leaking, and I didn't see any sign of a desert. THENNN, the official video was released, and we've all been in grief counseling ever since.

Britney-Spears-Make-Me-2016-600x600.jpg

Over time, I started imagining what the video would've looked like if it WAS an angelic, desert-theme with some sick choreo and powerful imagery. I think it would've propelled "Make Me..." to the top of the charts! Think of a mish-mash of the original, and something similar to Rihanna's "Diamonds" video. Maybe the climax for the final chorus could've been the desert scene. There are so many possibilities for what could've been.

What do you think? In your mind, what would've made a great video for "Make Me..."? If not the original, what would you have envisioned?

This is just for fun... (Maybe we could get a sick fan-made video some-day :quirkney:)

Thoughts?

Just replace the three with Brit, it would actually come out as a glossier, sophisticated Work ***** desert scene version :flawless:

10 hours ago, Onyx1126 said:

That version looked cheap, she looked extremely uncomfortable which made any movement from her look awkward, not one of the outfits was flattering & the video came off as trying too hard. 

I do believe that MM should've had an amazing visual video however that original one was a train wreck 

Hi Larry

I thought the Make Me single art was 1 of many pics we'd get from that shoot for the album cover.    I don't know why they only ever used that one pic.  It's better than the shoot they used for album.

When I heard they were scrapping the original MM video I don't know why (if they had a limited budget, and clearly they did) they didn't just go back out into the desert and let her writhe around and "dance" out there for the song.  It would've been better than what we got and at least aligned with the single art. 

wouldn't have made any difference to it's views or the songs popularity if the original was released and i think people know that but refuse to accept it because they don't like the official video.

really wouldn't have caused any more impact than the official one, everyone heard about the "Video Scandal" and still it has less views than most of her lead singles

5 hours ago, billbritneyfan said:

I have a concept for a make me video that is based on the auditions video.

The video starts with Britney rehearsing some choreo for make me with her female dancers. Then someone comes in calling them for the male dancers auditions. 

Britney and her female dancers enter the dance studio the auditions will take place. There is a group of male dancers standing in front of Britney and the girls. Then Britney opens a projector and make me starts playing. Then each of the male dancers is shown doing the make me choreo with a protection showing Britney and the females doing it as well in the background. This scenery keeps on until the end of the first chorus. 

During the second verse/chorus Britney and all the dancers are performing choreography on a soundstage. During the second chorus Britney leaves to make a phonecall and bumps on Geazy. Then he starts rapping his verse and Britney drags him to the soundstage. 

The video ends with Britney, Geazy and all of the dancers performing the final chorus of Make Me on a beautiful set with great effects, stage costumes and all that stuff.

During the whole video clips of the corridor scene keep appearing.

This is a very simple video, based on the same concept as the one we got but with better execution. Still low budget, non ****** at all and fans would go crazy over it.

Even if Geazy couldn't make it to the set they could just show his footage while Britney and her dancers are getting ready for the final scene.

This would've been a much better concept for the re-shoot, that's for sure. One of the most important things missing from the official video is CHOREOGRAPHY! Where's the dancing!? Sure, she's flipping her hair and spinning around, but she does that all the time anyways. We're here for Brit's choreo. I like your idea better, if there absolutely had to be a re-shoot.

6 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

This would've been a much better concept for the re-shoot, that's for sure. One of the most important things missing from the official video is CHOREOGRAPHY! Where's the dancing!? Sure, she's flipping her hair and spinning around, but she does that all the time anyways. We're here for Brit's choreo. I like your idea better, if there absolutely had to be a re-shoot.

Thank you for the appreciation

13 hours ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

Keep deluding yourself :uknowit:

I'm not, from what I've seen the video came off more like a "parody" of Britney. She seemed awkward in her movements & the outfits DEFINATELY looked cheap. The scene with the dancers slowly turning on the poles was ridiculous & the color they were wearing also was very unflattering. The cage scene.. the placement of the cage seems off making the entire scene seem off. The cage should've been in the middle of the pool possibly. Britney's eyes & movements within the cage also come off like she is "forcing herself" to be ****. 

In a majority of the original video Britney seems out of place & you can see it in her eyes that she isn't feeling what she is doing. 

I think that a lot of people are hung up on the "idea" of the original video & so disappointed with the official one that they aren't looking at the scenes objectively. I think both videos are wrong but she def looks better & the outfits are way better in the official one. 

******I definitely think they dropped the ball with the video & it 100% had a negative effect on the momentum of the song******

The new version from the mobile game is better than both of them. They should've used that shoot keeping all the **** footage, keeping the scene where Britney pulls up walking in (cuz she looks classic there). Instead of the whole "guys auditioning" they should've used that time to film Britney with dancers doing a full routine to the song & weaving it throughout the footage we have. 

16 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

I'm not, from what I've seen the video came off more like a "parody" of Britney. She seemed awkward in her movements & the outfits DEFINATELY looked cheap. The scene with the dancers slowly turning on the poles was ridiculous & the color they were wearing also was very unflattering. The cage scene.. the placement of the cage seems off making the entire scene seem off. The cage should've been in the middle of the pool possibly. Britney's eyes & movements within the cage also come off like she is "forcing herself" to be ****. 

In a majority of the original video Britney seems out of place & you can see it in her eyes that she isn't feeling what she is doing. 

I think that a lot of people are hung up on the "idea" of the original video & so disappointed with the official one that they aren't looking at the scenes objectively. I think both videos are wrong but she def looks better & the outfits are way better in the official one. 

******I definitely think they dropped the ball with the video & it 100% had a negative effect on the momentum of the song******

The new version from the mobile game is better than both of them. They should've used that shoot keeping all the **** footage, keeping the scene where Britney pulls up walking in (cuz she looks classic there). Instead of the whole "guys auditioning" they should've used that time to film Britney with dancers doing a full routine to the song & weaving it throughout the footage we have. 

sweetie, you're literally just randomly nit-picking at the original video... it's not a bad video at all. don't act like your opinion is a fact, because it's not. :explainlol:

9 minutes ago, david lachapelle said:

sweetie, you're literally just randomly nit-picking at the original video... it's not a bad video at all. don't act like your opinion is a fact, because it's not. :explainlol:

Well... it's how I feel. I am a very visual person. I write, produce & direct as well as sing. I have a really good eye & I also have a decent amount of experience casting productions based on auditions & resume footage. 

I'm not saying all of my opinions are facts but it's kind of obvious observations. after 2 years of recording "Glory" and all of the planning & thinking that went into what the lead single should be I don't think the label, promoters or team Britney would've taken cutting a big budget video that had already been shot lightly. I think that they probably all seen how uncohesive the video was & before making the decision to take a huge loss they most likely ran a small "market test" on the footage & found that it had a more negative reaction than they wanted. 

3 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

Well... it's how I feel. I am a very visual person. I write, produce & direct as well as sing. I have a really good eye & I also have a decent amount of experience casting productions based on auditions & resume footage. 

I'm not saying all of my opinions are facts but it's kind of obvious observations. after 2 years of recording "Glory" and all of the planning & thinking that went into what the lead single should be I don't think the label, promoters or team Britney would've taken cutting a big budget video that had already been shot lightly. I think that they probably all seen how uncohesive the video was & before making the decision to take a huge loss they most likely ran a small "market test" on the footage & found that it had a more negative reaction than they wanted. 

i get what you're saying, but i feel like you're over-analyzing the music video; it's JUST a music video, nothing else.

for example, womanizer. that's a great music video and a britney classic. let's analyze the scene at the end. britney's wearing a police uniform, she spins around and black fog surrounds her in her bed room. the black fog goes away and suddenly she's wearing casual clothing (she changed clothes by spinning around). that makes no sense, does it? also, she throws the guy into the bed. then, she throws the bed sheet over him and he randomly disappears. both of these scenes sound stupid and make no sense when "analyzed" and "observed", but when you watch the full music video it all flows together because it's just a music video. 

also, the leaked footage we got was unedited and less than half of the video, so i think it's a little weird to call it a "bad" video even though (as i've said) we've gotten literally less than half of the video. 

1 minute ago, david lachapelle said:

i get what you're saying, but i feel like you're over-analyzing the music video; it's JUST a music video, nothing else.

for example, womanizer. that's a great music video and a britney classic. let's analyze the scene at the end. britney's wearing a police uniform, she spins around and black fog surrounds her in her bed room. the black fog goes away and suddenly she's wearing casual clothing (she changed clothes by spinning around). that makes no sense, does it? also, she throws the guy into the bed. then, she throws the bed sheet over him and he randomly disappears. both of these scenes sound stupid and make no sense when "analyzed" and "observed", but when you watch the full music video it all flows together because it's just a music video. 

also, the leaked footage we got was unedited and less than half of the video, so i think it's a little weird to call it a "bad" video even though (as i've said) we've gotten literally less than half of the video. 

No no , ok now I get what your saying. I think I was just over explaining my observations. Like normally I would just say "I see why they dropped it, there is something off about it..Britney looks uncomfortable & the outfits are kind of ugly actually" 

So because people are STILL harping on the video I just gave a bit more analysis on WHY I found the video to not work. 

10 hours ago, seanl3s said:

wouldn't have made any difference to it's views or the songs popularity if the original was released and i think people know that but refuse to accept it because they don't like the official video.

really wouldn't have caused any more impact than the official one, everyone heard about the "Video Scandal" and still it has less views than most of her lead singles

The original wouldve caused controversy cause one she's naked in a scene and she killed a sccene. People also would've talked about it cause her body looks amazing and there's choreo which every expects from her. All the GP read was about the petition

10 hours ago, Onyx1126 said:

suck my *** i ain't reading that essay

Archived