Make Me Music Video: What it could've been...

iZacaree

13 hours ago, westshouse said:

The original wouldve caused controversy cause one she's naked in a scene and she killed a sccene. People also would've talked about it cause her body looks amazing and there's choreo which every expects from her. All the GP read was about the petition

they've seen her half naked before... its nothing new

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, westshouse said:

The original wouldve caused controversy cause one she's naked in a scene and she killed a sccene. People also would've talked about it cause her body looks amazing and there's choreo which every expects from her. All the GP read was about the petition

also id like to add that I'm glad she didn't reset to nudity to get ahead.

On 9/23/2016 at 10:48 AM, iZacaree said:

When Britney released "Make Me..." (audio) and its cover art, I thought for sure that the music video would take place in the desert. Actually, I thought the cover art might be a still from the music video. I mean, this cover art is FLAWLESS - probably one of her most beautiful covers for any album or single (it honestly should've been the album cover for "Glory", IMO) so I was prepared to be slayed by an iconic, desert video. THEN, scenes from the original (LaChapelle) video started leaking, and I didn't see any sign of a desert. THENNN, the official video was released, and we've all been in grief counseling ever since.

Britney-Spears-Make-Me-2016-600x600.jpg

Over time, I started imagining what the video would've looked like if it WAS an angelic, desert-theme with some sick choreo and powerful imagery. I think it would've propelled "Make Me..." to the top of the charts! Think of a mish-mash of the original, and something similar to Rihanna's "Diamonds" video. Maybe the climax for the final chorus could've been the desert scene. There are so many possibilities for what could've been.

What do you think? In your mind, what would've made a great video for "Make Me..."? If not the original, what would you have envisioned?

This is just for fun... (Maybe we could get a sick fan-made video some-day :quirkney:)

Thoughts?

13879406_10154473133897710_6753020481136

You are right. I think the cover shoot also from the Make Me Original. Sadly It didn't happen.

rkHrklfjxOYMg.gif

17 hours ago, Onyx1126 said:

Well... it's how I feel. I am a very visual person. I write, produce & direct as well as sing. I have a really good eye & I also have a decent amount of experience casting productions based on auditions & resume footage. 

I'm not saying all of my opinions are facts but it's kind of obvious observations. after 2 years of recording "Glory" and all of the planning & thinking that went into what the lead single should be I don't think the label, promoters or team Britney would've taken cutting a big budget video that had already been shot lightly. I think that they probably all seen how uncohesive the video was & before making the decision to take a huge loss they most likely ran a small "market test" on the footage & found that it had a more negative reaction than they wanted. 

Please go away

The thing is Britney finally has a very cool song which HAD the potential to be a worldwide hit with a billion views on YT and everything. They only had to do one thing that was to make a proper classy music video. What they did was so reckless ruining everything with a stupidly made commercial as the music video. We are in a decade in which music videos are incredibly good, even those by indie musicians who don't have the money that Britney could spend. I don't think I can get over this ever, I've been imagining tons of possibilities that could slay my life, yet no. :ehno:

Archived