Confused by album sales?

WilderWein

10 hours ago, Kennizle said:

Don't know about the 'record sales' thing,.. 

But in album sales NO, they not even sold half of what Britney sold worldwide 

perhaps i am confused about the difference between record sales and album sales? And is that wiki list accurate? Where can i find britneys sales in comparison to others? Sorry for all the questions XD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

perhaps i am confused about the difference between record sales and album sales? And is that wiki list accurate? Where can i find britneys sales in comparison to others? Sorry for all the questions XD

No the wiki list is not accurate!

Records sales = Singles + albums

She's at 84M albums and 170M records WW.

Look here:

17 minutes ago, button said:

No the wiki list is not accurate!

Records sales = Singles + albums

She's at 84M albums and 170M records WW.

Look here:

But the album sales are more than 100 million albums, because at the end you have to add her greatest hits + compilation albums + her remix albums, add them and she sold more than 100 million albums worldwide QUEEN :rihclap:

3 minutes ago, Kennizle said:

But the album sales are more than 100 million albums, because at the end you have to add her greatest hits + compilation albums + her remix albums, add them and she sold more than 100 million albums worldwide QUEEN :rihclap:

84M includes everything. Sorry but she never actually sold 100M. Her albums shipped 100M sure though. :)

'Baby One More Time' (1999) 25 million
'Oops!...I Did It Again' (2000) 22 million
'Britney' (2001) 11 million
'In The Zone' (2003) 8 million
'Greatest Hits: My Prerogative' (2004) 7 million
'B in the Mix: The Remixes' (2005) 0,5 million
'Blackout' (2007) 2,5 million
'Circus' (2008) 4 million
'The Singles Collection' (2009) 800.000 million
'Femme Fatale' (2011) 1,9 million
'B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2' (2011) 0,1 million
'Britney Jean' (2013) 600.000

Anything missing?

6 minutes ago, button said:

84M includes everything. Sorry but she never actually sold 100M. Her albums shipped 100M sure though. :)

Anything missing?

Yes you are correct, but the 100 million albums are included compilation albums like example 'the essential Britney Spears'  or best of Britney Spears vol 1,2,or 3 ect.. 

So if you add " + other compilation albums" to that list, her Total sales are more than 100 million albums worldwide.. 

And we can count them because it's all Britney Spears... 

There was a thread here once witch told how much those other compilation albums sold, cant find it no more 

12 minutes ago, Kennizle said:

Yes more than 100 million. (All albums) It's true. :)

And min. 90 million single sales :)

4 minutes ago, Kennizle said:

Btw i tought baby was 30 and oops 25 till today 

Mediatraffic recently re-estimated all of her albums. They went from putting BOMT from to 21.5M to 25M and claimed the 30M figure was never true. It was stated by a British newspapers a long time ago. I guess they meant 30M shipments.

The 25M for Oops is inflated. It's actually at 22M. :shhh:

I doubt the remaining compilations you mentioned put her at 100M though. Perhaps 1 or 2 more millions.

A place that can't be updated sales for years and years and years. (Mediatraffic) 

Lmao. 

And a place that very few countries included.

One of the reasons so scarce headed? :)

1 hour ago, Godlory said:

A place that can't be updated sales for years and years and years. (Mediatraffic) 

Lmao. 

And a place that very few countries included.

One of the reasons so scarce headed? :)

In their latest report, they added more countries and made estimates for the rest so it's pretty accurate. 84M is amazing & realistic, 100M is just a far-fetched figure.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=299303286810530&story_fbid=824566784284175

53 minutes ago, button said:

In their latest report, they added more countries and made estimates for the rest so it's pretty accurate. 84M is amazing & realistic, 100M is just a far-fetched figure.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=299303286810530&story_fbid=824566784284175

Well i think your source is wrong, because if you search for this all sites has the same sales numbers except yours 

Check this out 

http://www.statisticbrain.com/britney-spears-career-statistics/

90+ million (without BJ, glory, greatest hits, best off and compilation albums) so i guess if you add them 100 million is verry realistic, AND Britney herself said it, mtv said it, billboard said it, rolling stone said it, they all confirmed it... 

6 minutes ago, Kennizle said:

Well i think your source is wrong, because if you search for this all sites has the same sales numbers except yours 

Check this out 

90+ million (without BJ, glory, greatest hits, best off and compilation albums) so i guess if you add them 100 million is verry realistic, AND Britney herself said it, mtv said it, billboard said it, rolling stone said it, they all confirmed it... 

This and Britney herself said it 105 million in 2011. (Without FF) 

2 hours ago, Kennizle said:

Check this out 

Those sales look very inflated, especially In the Zone and Britney. :mhmnod:

I found a good source "chartsinfrance" which are claiming pretty much the same as Mediatraffic. They have broken down the sales wonderfully and they even have the full chart runs. They put In the Zone at 8M and Britney at 11M as well.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/communaute/index.php?/topic/54186-les-chiffres-de-ventes-de-britney-spears-vol-10/

56 minutes ago, button said:

Those sales look very inflated, especially In the Zone and Britney. :mhmnod:

I found a good source "chartsinfrance" which are claiming pretty much the same as Mediatraffic. They have broken down the sales wonderfully and they even have the full chart runs. They put In the Zone at 8M and Britney at 11M as well.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/communaute/index.php?/topic/54186-les-chiffres-de-ventes-de-britney-spears-vol-10/

Since long before Britney album was passing 15-16 m. and itz album 11-12.

But you're obsessed with mediatraffic. :tiffeyeroll: They are not updated. And not too global. 

You're too very extinguished.  :angietea:

19 minutes ago, Godlory said:

Since long before Britney album was passing 15-16 m. and itz album 11-12.

But you're obsessed with mediatraffic. They are not updated. And not too global. 

You're too very extinguished.  :angietea:

Godlory I posted a source other than Mediatraffic!! That's already 2. :beynah:

They're using all certifications available to calculate their totals and make estimates for the rest of the world. It doesn't get more accurate than that. How does ITZ jump from 8M to 12M? They can't haved missed 4M surely? :beynah:

Archived