• Last Reply
8 hours ago, GiveMeASign96 said:

@TheVirtuoso what's britney's vocal range sweetie? :bigkiss:

Her lowest note studio is D2

Her lowest note live is G#2

Her highest sung note studio is Eb6

Her highest studio note is F#6

Her higest note is C7 (Exclaimation)

So if you consider everything into her range it's D2-C7, almost 5 octaves but her sung range is D2-Eb6 studio (4 octaves and a semitone) and G#2 - C#6 live (3 octaves and 5 semitones) 

She also has a brief G#6 live which isn't sung but not screamed eihter which would make her live controlled range G#2-G#6 (4 octaves) 

Sorry for the long *** response :yesokay: 

20 minutes ago, -Brit Brit- said:

How does that compare to the current female singers? Which tier would she be? 

most pop singers have between 2 octaves or 3 give or take a few notes and semitones

If I'm not mistaken fergie and taylor swift both have ranges of 2 octaves and a few notes

Carly rae jepsen, Gaga, kesha, all have a range around 3 octaves

37 minutes ago, -Brit Brit- said:

How does that compare to the current female singers? Which tier would she be? 

She's

Above :

Adele, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Beyonce (VERY slightly though), Gwen Stefani, Sia, Megan Trainor, Justin Bieber, Adam Levine, Katy Perry, P!nk, Whitney Houston (Limited range, AMAZING vocalist), Madonna, Adam Lambert, Lady Gaga, Marina And The Diamonds, Tori Kelly, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Lana Del Rey, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kesha, Fergie

Bellow :

Mariah Carey (Duh), Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Christina Aguilera (Slightly thoughh >_<), Kelly Clarkson

I didn't count the screamed C7, if I did only one with a vider range would be Mariah :) 

1 hour ago, floopy22 said:

Oh, the delusion. You don't count squeals and harmonies (Which might not even be Britney or actually be a harmonizer effect).

She's somewhere between 2.5-3 octaves.

She hit a clear fry-mixed D2 in Lonely, and the E2 in Freakshow is her without a doubt also you can listen the Eb6 in the released version of Mona Lisa. If I counted her screamed notes which I did NOT her range would be more than anyone expect Mariah. Also "You shouldn't count harmonies" is the most absurd bullshit I've ever heard LMAO

1 hour ago, inthefields said:

so she has more range than adele? what?

Adele's range really isn't that vide though 

10 hours ago, TheVirtuoso said:

She hit a clear fry-mixed D2 in Lonely, and the E2 in Freakshow is her without a doubt also you can listen the Eb6 in the released version of Mona Lisa. If I counted her screamed notes which I did NOT her range would be more than anyone expect Mariah. Also "You shouldn't count harmonies" is the most absurd bullshit I've ever heard LMAO

Adele's range really isn't that vide though 

But what about harmonies that are created with formant shifting? I personally wouldnt count those bc she isn't hitting these notes, it's essentially the original note being used to be formant shifted up or down e.g. in 3

12 hours ago, TheVirtuoso said:

She's

Above :

Adele, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Beyonce (VERY slightly though), Gwen Stefani, Sia, Megan Trainor, Justin Bieber, Adam Levine, Katy Perry, P!nk, Whitney Houston (Limited range, AMAZING vocalist), Madonna, Adam Lambert, Lady Gaga, Marina And The Diamonds, Tori Kelly, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Lana Del Rey, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kesha, Fergie

Bellow :

Mariah Carey (Duh), Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Christina Aguilera (Slightly thoughh >_<), Kelly Clarkson

I didn't count the screamed C7, if I did only one with a vider range would be Mariah :) 

She has wider range than Whitney and Adele :gloria: It makes me want to see her singing live again tbh :embarrassney:

7 hours ago, GiveMeASign96 said:

But what about harmonies that are created with formant shifting? I personally wouldnt count those bc she isn't hitting these notes, it's essentially the original note being used to be formant shifted up or down e.g. in 3

Oh, I get you, of course they absouletly shouldn't count, but even if the harmony is fry-chest mixed while the main vocal is pure chest it gets cyristal clear that it's a diffrent sung note :) 

7 hours ago, radar89 said:

She has wider range than Whitney and Adele :gloria: It makes me want to see her singing live again tbh :embarrassney:

Honestly those 2 show that having a bigger range doesen't make one a better singer :donewithit: I wish she sang live too, more than anyone tbh :quirkney: 

Archived