Britney´s appeal to the GP

Jite91

There have been many threads about Britney´s lipsynching and how she should sing live or that she has to sing live to save her career.

I honestly couldn´t disagree more. Yes it would be amazing if she sang live, but as much press as that would get, it´s not the real reason why Britney was very appealing to the GP :yaknow:

I think that her real appeal is they way she delivered her performances. They were perfect, every move was on point, her facial expresions, her hair and make up, her body, she immersed the audience in her performances. And clearly this was achieved by her ambition to deliver this perfection. She practiced hours and hours a day, she trained really hard and executed all of it perfectly :howiroll:

Which in turn is one of the reasons she doesn´t sing live imo. She focused more on the aspect of the performance as a whole and never really practiced live singing. Her choreographies were really complicated so it would be impossible to sing live, so she stopped bothering because her real appeal wasn´t her voice. To try to sing live now would be almost like trying something really new, which might not be a good idea at this point :donewithit:

The only way to get the GP to like her again is if Britney really wants it. Nobody can help her with that. Sure they can book performances at award shows and talk shows and interviews, but if she doesn´t deliver the "Britney" performances the GP wants, she is going to find it hard to make her fan base grow and even risk making it smaller :bthink:

I love Britney to death, and I will always support her, but tbh the reason I fell in love with her performance-wise (and music video-wise) isn´t there anymore, and I really hope it comes back. If not tho, I will keep on buying her stuff and defending her against the haters as always :donewithit:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree to an extent but it's not just the performances, she still outperforms today's stars tbh, it's the past 9 years have affected how the GP think of Britney. They still think she's 'crazy' and 'unstable'. The FF era hurt her the most tbh although she was commercially successful, the interviews and her presence that era proved to the GP she couldn't care less about her career and she was basically a cash cow for her family. It's gonna take a while for the GP to realise she's in a good place and finally invested in her career :mhm: But the lip syncing really does ruin her credibility, I mean that was ok in 2003 when everyone did it but most people (even Selena) attempt to sing live and it's just laziness on her part, plus as you say her performances were always spot on and it made up for the lip syncing but nowadays she doesn't work as hard on stage :eeek: 

Just now, Shadow. said:

I agree to an extent but it's not just the performances, she still outperforms today's stars tbh, it's the past 9 years have affected how the GP think of Britney. They still think she's 'crazy' and 'unstable'. The FF era hurt her the most tbh although she was commercially successful, the interviews and her presence that era proved to the GP she couldn't care less about her career and she was basically a cash cow for her family. It's gonna take a while for the GP to realise she's in a good place and finally invested in her career :mhm: But the lip syncing really does ruin her credibility, I mean that was ok in 2003 when everyone did it but most people (even Selena) attempt to sing live and it's just laziness on her part, plus as you say her performances were always spot on and it made up for the lip syncing but nowadays she doesn't work as hard on stage :eeek: 

Yes but that´s why I think she doesn´t really know how to sing live, I mean obviously she sings well, but she just didn´t learn due to the type of performances she delivered, that´s the only logical explanation I would find for her lipsynching Lucky or Perfume :yaknow:

If she wanted to tho it could happen, but that would mean alot of time and effort which I think she´s trying to avoid (not that she´s not making an effort but just the minimum amount) 

1 minute ago, Jite91 said:

Yes but that´s why I think she doesn´t really know how to sing live, I mean obviously she sings well, but she just didn´t learn due to the type of performances she delivered, that´s the only logical explanation I would find for her lipsynching Lucky or Perfume :yaknow:

If she wanted to tho it could happen, but that would mean alot of time and effort which I think she´s trying to avoid (not that she´s not making an effort but just the minimum amount) 

It's OK you can say she makes no effort when it comes to singing live I won't drag you for spilling tea :angietea: Another point I would make is that I think she is self conscious of her voice which was EXTREMELY obvious during CK :mhm: Shame because her voice is so pretty

Because she's on the game for decades and it's entering Madonna/Janet territory. Y'all need to accept that.

She would have to reinvent herself even harder (something like Ray of Light/Confessions/Velvet Rope) if she wants to set the charts on fire.

I am just fine with the way it is though. Glory was my dream Britney album.

It's true to an extent now you can sing live very poorly and not ruin your career see Selena Gomez. If britney sings live at a big award show then she will shut some people up. But people forget that Britney always got a ton of hate because she's the face of pop music and that attracts haters. People constantly bring up her breakdown and she can't really stop them. They choose to live in 2007. 

34 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

It's true to an extent now you can sing live very poorly and not ruin your career see Selena Gomez. If britney sings live at a big award show then she will shut some people up. But people forget that Britney always got a ton of hate because she's the face of pop music and that attracts haters. People constantly bring up her breakdown and she can't really stop them. They choose to live in 2007. 

Yes but I don´t think that´s gonna really help Britney, it would be news, but if its good then she pre-recorde and if its bad well things get worse than they were :boredashell:

Archived