Metronomy: 10 records that blew my mind (include Britney with 'Toxic')

Maryy

It all started in 1999 when Joseph Mount got hold of his dad’s old computer and began imitating leftfield electronic artists such as Autechre and Aphex Twin. In 2002, Mount began performing as a DJ and creating his own soundtrack “animations”.

Under the name Metronomy, Mount horded material and gained experience playing live alongside his cousin, Oscar Cash, and school buddy Gabriel Stebbing. A prolific remixer, his back catalogue includes notable remixes for the likes of Gorillaz, Roots Manuva, Lady Gaga and Goldfrapp. 

This summer saw the release of Metronomy’s fifth album, Summer 08, the first to be solely recorded by Mount since the band’s debut release Pip Paine (Pay the £5000 You Owe) a decade ago. We talk to Joe about the records that have influenced him; from his teenage years right through to the producer he is today.

Britney's part:

4. Britney Spears - Toxic

Britney_Spears_Toxic-650-80.jpg

“The funny thing with her is that she’s never pretended to be a songwriter, but she’s ended up having an ear for a song and production. A lot of her music, like (Hit Me) Baby One More Time, is quite unusual really. I remember when Toxic came out, again, it was a piece of pop music that everybody had to like because it was so good and so confident. 

“After that song came out she had a knack for working with crazy production teams like Bloodshy & Avant, but Toxic was the first Britney Spears song that made me go ‘wow!’”

source: http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/metronomy-10-records-that-blew-my-mind-641661

Slay the taste of an awesome indie pop band, Brinny :carpoolney:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

All the hipsters like Toxic :sofedup:

When someone is able to throw us a curveball I'll be impressed :sofedup:

lmao so true. 

Every time i've dated guys i ask them their fave britney song. They usually say toxic or everytime but my one bf in hs said "born to make you happy" i was like haaaayyy. 

Archived