Do you think Britney was embarrased by / ashamed of "Britney Jean"?

Dinirocal

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Not at all. She even co-wrote everything on it (and no, she did not steal songwriting credits).

Lmao yes she did. She wrote on some tracks, but several she didn't. Tik Tik Boom was almost exactly the same before she even knew it existed & she's listed as the main writer. To be fair I think her team pushed for the fake credits, she's never been big on being credited on stuff she's written on if it wasn't a large amount.

No, she didn't promote it because she probably had an exclusivity contract back then with Planet Hollywood that she wouldn't perform anywhere outside her Vegas residency. I bet when they re-negotiated for the 2 year extension, they got rid of that.

Honestly, I do think after she looked at the reception of the album and how forgettable the songs were. She might have felt like "****, that actually was a mistake" :sickofu:

I mean who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to have Will.i.am produce an album....His sound so NOT original, or forward thinking. Stuck in the 2000s.....:xcuseme:

Guest Arckangel
22 minutes ago, King of Fanta said:

Sis :lanacackle:it's been proven Brit didn't co-write the whole album. There was a demo of Tik Tik Boom sung by GRL before Britney even touched it, she didn't write on that song. She even said she "heard" Passenger and decided to record it, meaning she got a Katy Perry demo and just went with it. And I find it hard to believe she'd write the songs she barely sang on as well. 

Lbr Britney wrote on: Alien, Perfume, Don't Cry, Brightest Morning Star, Hold on Tight and NTIFY at the most. All higlights of the album tho :) 

No, she wouldn't steal songwriting credits; not her style. Songwriting is not limited to lyrics. Any change in music and melodies may warrant a credit. And please give this Myah cospiracy theory a rest; Britney wholly sang Britney Jean. Myah Marie was hired and paid to do background vocals; so did she. They may have mixed her vocals w/ Britney's, but so what? What's the point of hiring and paying back-up vocalists if you're not gonna use them?

30 minutes ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

Yes along with Femme Fatale. She hates those albums obviously

The only song of FF we know for sure she hated was Inside Out. (Some tea for yall: Label was pushing for Inside Out as single 4 from FF, Brit wanted Criminal. VMAS roll around, their disagreement still wasn't settled & Brit announced at a backstage interview Criminal was the next single. Her label chewed her out but she got her way (Which is only fair because it is HER CAREER)). She was quoted herself saying she LOVED He About To Lose Me, How I Roll, & Criminal. She did Up n Down at the FF tour when it was a bonus track. Trouble For Me is one of the only tracks on the standard from the original sessions (excluding I Wanna Go & Criminal which were recorded ages before FF was released when 3 was) and she also performed it live. She definitely doesn't hate the record but she does have a few dislikes.

12 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

No, she wouldn't steal songwriting credits; not her style. Songwriting is not limited to lyrics. Any change in music and melodies may warrant a credit.

Not as lead writer though. Sia basically said she wrote Perfume alone, Britney only wrote the 2nd verse of Alien, Tik Tik Boom only had major changes from the demo. Her team was playing up the "most personal album ever" shtick and that's why they puled a Beyonce with the credits. Britney totally wrote Brightest Morning Star (we have photos of her original writing draft), Hold On Tight, & Don't Cry. Not gonna speak on the others I haven't already mentioned, because I'm not sure about those.  

7 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

No, she wouldn't steal songwriting credits; not her style. Songwriting is not limited to lyrics. Any change in music and melodies may warrant a credit. And please give this Myah cospiracy theory a rest; Britney wholly sang Britney Jean. Myah Marie was hired and paid to do background vocals; so did she. They may have mixed her vocals w/ Britney's, but so what? What's the point of hiring and paying back-up vocalists if you're not gonna use them?

It's also never been Britney's style to take a songwriting credit for slightly altering a song. She wrote the opening monologue on My Prerogative and didn't demand credit. With that logic basically any song of hers could have a writing credit. And its not a conspiracy theory when we all have ears sis :arianabye: 

5 minutes ago, TurnTheLightsOut* said:

Not as lead writer though. Sia basically said she wrote Perfume alone, Britney only wrote the 2nd verse of Alien, Tik Tik Boom only had major changes to the demo. Her team was playing up the "most personal album ever" shtick and that's why they puled a Beyonce with the credits. Britney totally wrote Brightest Morning Star (we have photos of her original writing draft), Hold On Tight, & Don't Cry. Not gonna speak on the others I haven't already mentioned, because I'm not sure about those.  

I think you meant minor changes from the demo but otherwise I completely agree. 

47 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

Now that I think about it, its the only album of her career she literally (for some reason) refused to perform on TV / Awards / Festival shows, Its like she wasn't much excited to share the music with the masses, she would only limit to interviews where she didn't look much connected with the album.

Another thing that I noticed, is that everytime she releases a new album she always says its her best work, she did it with "Circus", she did it with "Femme Fatale" and she just did it again with "Glory" this perhaps reflects how proud she is of her newest work, however she never said this about "Britney Jean", whenever she was asked about BJ she would inmediately repeat and stick to the "Most personal album" tag and the "term of endearment" meaning all the time but it never really came out of her mouth that it was her best record or an actual praise for the music itself, you could tell it was impossible for her to praise it. 

I do think she put her heart in some of the songwriting and there was a wider vision for the album but somehow I feel it ended as a very rushed and quite unfinished album because of the Vegas show production, hence she wasn't much proud of the final result of it. 

Seeing her now how she's treating "Glory" its like she wants to share the album and her music with everyone and she's promoting everywhere and you can tell how proud she is about this record. So could it be possible she was a bit ashamed of "Britney Jean"? What do you think? 

I think she was very engaged at the beginning but I think will.i.am's involvement screwed her initial vision for BJ. You could tell some of the songs are indeed very personal, but at some point she stopped caring and did the minimal that was required of her.

2 minutes ago, King of Fanta said:

It's also never been Britney's style to take a songwriting credit for slightly altering a song. She wrote the opening monologue on My Prerogative and didn't demand credit. With that logic basically any song of hers could have a writing credit. And its not a conspiracy theory when we all have ears sis :arianabye: 

I think you meant minor changes from the demo but otherwise I completely agree. 

Thanks for catching that haha. Fixed my post.

Guest Arckangel
5 hours ago, TurnTheLightsOut* said:

Not as lead writer though. Sia basically said she wrote Perfume alone, Britney only wrote the 2nd verse of Alien, Tik Tik Boom only had major changes from the demo. Her team was playing up the "most personal album ever" shtick and that's why they puled a Beyonce with the credits. Britney totally wrote Brightest Morning Star (we have photos of her original writing draft), Hold On Tight, & Don't Cry. Not gonna speak on the others I haven't already mentioned, because I'm not sure about those.  

According to the credits, Perfume was written by Britney Spears, Sia and Chris Braide, and produced by will.i.am, Keith Harris and Chris Braide. Are we supposed to believe Chris Braide stole that songwriting credit too?

I felt she was forced or rushed to do that album, but she was into the vegas show and wasn't really into the album process. And about the song credits... mmmm... I can't see how she would come up with a song like work ***** knowing she doesn't do anything from that song (except for the hot body). The song is flawless no matter what. 

Archived