Do you think Britney was embarrased by / ashamed of "Britney Jean"?

Dinirocal

Now that I think about it, its the only album of her career she literally (for some reason) refused to perform on TV / Awards / Festival shows, Its like she wasn't much excited to share the music with the masses, she would only limit to interviews where she didn't look much connected with the album.

Another thing that I noticed, is that everytime she releases a new album she always says its her best work, she did it with "Circus", she did it with "Femme Fatale" and she just did it again with "Glory" this perhaps reflects how proud she is of her newest work, however she never said this about "Britney Jean", whenever she was asked about BJ she would inmediately repeat and stick to the "Most personal album" tag and the "term of endearment" meaning all the time but it never really came out of her mouth that it was her best record or an actual praise for the music itself, you could tell it was impossible for her to praise it. 

I do think she put her heart in some of the songwriting and there was a wider vision for the album but somehow I feel it ended as a very rushed and quite unfinished album because of the Vegas show production, hence she wasn't much proud of the final result of it. 

Seeing her now how she's treating "Glory" its like she wants to share the album and her music with everyone and she's promoting everywhere and you can tell how proud she is about this record. So could it be possible she was a bit ashamed of "Britney Jean"? What do you think? 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Not at all. She even co-wrote everything on it (and no, she did not steal songwriting credits).

Yeah, maybe she helped with writing. But compare most lyrics of BJ to Glory's, ITZ's, Blackout's, and even Circus'. Something felt really off.

That being said, I loved the lyrics on Christian songs.

8 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Not at all. She even co-wrote everything on it (and no, she did not steal songwriting credits).

Sis :lanacackle:it's been proven Brit didn't co-write the whole album. There was a demo of Tik Tik Boom sung by GRL before Britney even touched it, she didn't write on that song. She even said she "heard" Passenger and decided to record it, meaning she got a Katy Perry demo and just went with it. And I find it hard to believe she'd write the songs she barely sang on as well. 

Lbr Britney wrote on: Alien, Perfume, Don't Cry, Brightest Morning Star, Hold on Tight and NTIFY at the most. All higlights of the album tho :) 

Archived