Glory (leak) downloaded over 200K times. I hope it will help with the hype and not ruin 1st week sales!

Z-dawg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a completely shitty thing because there's not even half as much pre record ordered so far and people that might have bought it without that illegal download won't have to now. We can't all be delusional thinking everyone is a huge fan and they're going to buy it now that they have the illegal download anyway. I don't think there's anything to celebrate about this happening.

I don't think there is an album out there that isn't on the internet. even if it doesn't leak before the actual date people just wait to download it when they find it. 

There are ppl who buy music and ppl who download it. That's my opinion though. 

How would this affect the sales? Someone please explain this theory to me. You guys realize that when the album is officially out, people can still choose to download them illegally right? If they wanna buy it, they will buy it. People who won't, won't.

2 minutes ago, YouFoundAmy said:

It's a completely shitty thing because there's not even half as much pre record ordered so far and people that might have bought it without that illegal download won't have to now. We can't all be delusional thinking everyone is a huge fan and they're going to buy it now that they have the illegal download anyway. I don't think there's anything to celebrate about this happening.

Yeah, this definitely isn't a good thing.  Even if they were planning to before, a lot of people won't buy or legally stream the album now that they can just use the HQ leak. 

Just now, secondgeneration said:

Well thats 200k people that wont be buying, and if any of them have preordered then they will probably be cancelling.

Well, let's not get dramatic.  There certainly are many people who won't buy the album anymore, but there are also a ton who will (98% of the fans here, for example).  

4 minutes ago, sjok said:

How would this affect the sales? Someone please explain this theory to me. You guys realize that when the album is officially out, people can still choose to download them illegally right? If they wanna buy it, they will buy it. People who won't, won't.

Not necessarily the sales, but the streams. When it will hit the shelves and the music platforms in 5 days, many people will already know the album and then stream less.

Just now, Dany said:

I downloaded it because i was so excited for it, but im gonna buy it, altrough I think its worse then Britney Jean wich was her worst album ever, but I want to support her with  purchasing the original copy.

Wow, I don't know if you want the attention or if your taste in music is really that bad. Either ways it's your choice - even if it's a bad one in my opinion.

Just now, Dany said:

I downloaded it because i was so excited for it, but im gonna buy it, altrough I think its worse then Britney Jean wich was her worst album ever, but I want to support her with  purchasing the original copy.

You're the ONLY person in existence who thinks BJ is better then glory. Glory is not only light years better then Bj but on par with her best quality albums to date, in the zone & blackout.

4 minutes ago, sjok said:

If it is over 200,000 illegal downloads what can affect it is the fact that a good majority of people who have done so are not stans who are also going to buy a copy after having the illegal download. Many of those could just be curious and now they have it and that's that. It can definitely affect it

Archived