MTV Just Uploaded the 2001 ‘I’m a Slave 4 U’ VMA Performance on Youtube (HD)

Luminous

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Riant07 said:

Can someone put this as a new topic please. For some stupid reason I can't do it.

I just noticed this newly uploaded version has different camera angles.

Just compare both. Noticeable differences starts at the MTV video's 1:35 mark.

the version that MTV uploaded is clearly reajusted and the other one was from the actual live TV stream. interesting to notice those different angles, altho I rather the edited version. they scratched the angles that didn't fit so good to the performance. 

3 hours ago, If U Seek Me said:

Downloaded the video, just in case! :crying1:

Edit: the video quality is dreadful! Shame on you, MTV! You transformed a 4:3 video into a 16:9 one!

Britney looks fatter and everyone is out of shape! These are the basic rules of video editing: do not change the aspect ratio! :beynah:

I GOT EXCITED FOR NOTHING :sobbing: #USUAL

I see I'm not the only one that noticed it's not true HD. It's sad, but in those days unless it was a TV show, they didn't keep raw files. Live shows and Music Videos would get transfered to tape(some tapes though you can get a decent HD scan from) and the raw data or film(if it was used) would most likely be thrown out. I was able to get into contact with some people that worked on some of her early videos and was told all this. David Claessen who worked on Oops... told me it was shot on 35mm and finished on Digi-Beta, which would make it difficult to get a proper HD master from. I'm hoping people that worked on all her old stuff didn't throw away everything so we can have a new Music Video collection on Blu-ray one day. I've seen some pretty good HD versions of her videos made by fans though, Oops... actually has one out there. I think it's on a site called sharemania or something like that. It looks almost like true HD.

3 hours ago, Riant07 said:

Can someone put this as a new topic please. For some stupid reason I can't do it.

I just noticed this newly uploaded version has different camera angles.

Just compare both. Noticeable differences starts at the MTV video's 1:35 mark.

I prefer the shot below tbh

they kept the full body shot on the body roll move rather than cut half her body off

26 minutes ago, Drewbee said:

I see I'm not the only one that noticed it's not true HD. It's sad, but in those days unless it was a TV show, they didn't keep raw files. Live shows and Music Videos would get transfered to tape(some tapes though you can get a decent HD scan from) and the raw data or film(if it was used) would most likely be thrown out. I was able to get into contact with some people that worked on some of her early videos and was told all this. David Claessen who worked on Oops... told me it was shot on 35mm and finished on Digi-Beta, which would make it difficult to get a proper HD master from. I'm hoping people that worked on all her old stuff didn't throw away everything so we can have a new Music Video collection on Blu-ray one day. I've seen some pretty good HD versions of her videos made by fans though, Oops... actually has one out there. I think it's on a site called sharemania or something like that. It looks almost like true HD.

Really? That's so sad. Those people had no idea on what the **** they were working on if they threw the raw files out.

Yeah, but I am hopeful that they didn't really throw her stuff out. I mean look at the Greatest Hits DVD, it has outtakes/alternate cuts and bloopers on it from those early videos. So unless that stuff was also transferred to video tape, we could actually have a Blu-ray one day. It's the live stuff I'm really worried about, especially with how they done this.

Archived