Question for any fans who are Christian...

openwatersurfer

Quick question guys.

To any of you who are Christian (or believe in God/higher power) did you like Britney Jean more than the general fanbase? :xcuseme:

I'm a Christian, and even though Britney Jean is an extremely flawed album (dated, rushed, lots of incomplete songs with no bridges) I really liked the Christian aspect to a lot of the songs; Hold On Tight, BMS, Alien, Passenger, Now That I Found You... 

Especially Hold On Tight, one of my faves which I can really relate to and it's so beautiful :crying1:

So what is the verdict? 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joey4228 said:

I'm an atheist tbh but I like all of those songs. I just pretend BMS is about me tbh:sobbing:

8 minutes ago, Acai Berry said:

I love all these Christian references on Britney Jean tbh :yaknow: Especially Brightest Morning Star, this is such a sweet and beautiful song :makeitrain:

I dont think Brightest Moaning Star really is a Christian song. :tbh:

• Super Mods

I'm Catholic (so, Christian as well :riri:) and I think you can definitely see Britney's faith/spirituality within some of the songs. Hold on Tight and Brightest Morning Star are my most listened to tracks besides the two singles from the album :crying1: They're beautiful. So while I agree that the album is a mess for the reasons you mentioned, being able to see the spiritual/faith aspects of the album is great and very Britney. 

I grew up in the church. I'm not so religious now because religion is man-made, but I believe in God and I'm big on the spiritual aspect of things.

I definitely enjoy when actors/performers I like do something in their way to show their faith. 

Brightest Morning Star was a great little piece of that for Britney

I'm an atheist and I'm not sure all the songs you listed are religious or spiritual in meaning but BMS definitely sounds like it is and it's one of my faves of the album. 

The dated productions and the fact that Britney couldn't be bothered to even sing in some of them is what kills the music for me.:decisions:

Archived