Question for any fans who are Christian...

openwatersurfer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, openwatersurfer said:

Quick question guys.

To any of you who are Christian (or believe in God/higher power) did you like Britney Jean more than the general fanbase? :xcuseme:

I'm a Christian, and even though Britney Jean is an extremely flawed album (dated, rushed, lots of incomplete songs with no bridges) I really liked the Christian aspect to a lot of the songs; Hold On Tight, BMS, Alien, Passenger, Now That I Found You... 

Especially Hold On Tight, one of my faves which I can really relate to and it's so beautiful :crying1:

So what is the verdict? 

I am a Christian, Jesus saved me from depression and comitting suicide, He also restored my broken relationship with my parents and healed from Hypothyroidism and He literally gave me joy and peace... :) And yes, I agree with you, Britney Jean is one of my favorite albums, I specifically love Hold On Tight and Brightest Morning Star... I have them on my Christian playlist. To me, it was and it is a beautiful album, we got to see a different more personal side of her that I love.

1 minute ago, YouFeelLikeParadise said:

I am a Christian, Jesus saved me from depression and comitting suicide, He also restored my broken relationship with my parents and healed from Hypothyroidism and He literally gave me joy and peace... :)

He's very efficient. Can you ask him to save this era from Larry's satanic hands? :crying11:

yess i do love hold on tight i think the lyrics are beautiful!! i REALLY wish she sang on now that i found you and brightest morning star because those are really touching songs but i just can't listen to them knowing its not her voice. hold on tight tho is britney for the most part thank god

I didn't get any religious/faith vibes from her songs other than BMS

Hold On Tight I see more as a song for a past lover that passed away recently. She remembers what it was like to love him and she holds on(tight) to those feelings so she doesn't lose him and the feeling of love.

NTIFY to me is kinda like WIFY, similar lyrics and themes so about meeting a guy who shows her what it means to be happy I guess? Same with passenger 

I'm a Christian and was going through a really rough time during the Britney Jean era and was really really fortunate to have these songs inspire and lift me up during a bad time! I love her Jesusney songs so much! I was really hoping she'd incorporate some more on 'Glory' ... Seems appropriate, right?

also, her favorite author, Max Lucado... I go to his church 

:imcute:

On 15/08/2016 at 7:54 PM, joey4228 said:

I'm an atheist tbh but I like all of those songs. I just pretend BMS is about me tbh:sobbing:

I'm also an atheist (but living in a Catholic country) but I pretend that BMS is about my lecturer at college. I do see her as my 'light when it gets dark' because she helped me in 2014 when I was nearly going through my own Blackout era.

I'm not religious but the slow songs were my favorite part of BJ, save for Passenger....

I mean, they were the only redeemable part of BJ. They were mostly bonus tracks though. The problem were songs like BA, ISBE, Chillin', TTB, and TIG, that were really underwhelming. TIG and TTB are listenable but underwhelming, but the rest is unlistenable. :sickofu:

Archived