Premiere: Listen To Britney Spears' New 'Glory' Dance Cut "Clumsy"

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vocals alone don't make the song some experimental piece of art. it's great that she's sounding invested and serving personality but that's what should be expected from an artist in the first place lmao. the production is uninspired, the chorus is nonexistant and dated, and the lyrics are clumsily written (pun intended :rihcackle:). i've listened to the song multiple times and it really hasn't stuck with me so i'm not seeing any great melody either, it just feels very lazy. i can't believe they gave britney a song with no real chorus at all. all i can say is thank god make me and private show are far better.

Ppl have been coming after FF lately.  I love all of Britney's music minus BJ. Idk why we have to shade FF to make Glory look good. Probably because FF did good and that probably won't be the case for this era.

The thing is this era could have had growth and success but Britney and her team ruined that. Unless they can turn it around.., 

I Like clumsy , but you're right, i may be prejudice because if someone else sang it , i probably  wouldn't give it a second listen, her vocals have improved drastically, however, i could do without the  " again and again and again " part, it makes cringe.

I just feel like there's something missing production wise? I don't know how to explain it, Just like in BodyAche:receipts2:

Edit : may be we should wait for the HQ to Judge?

Y'all realize Clumsy is being released as a promo track right? It's an album track, NOT a single. And both this and PS are better album filler tracks than ANYTHING in BJ and half of FF. She's teasing us her new sounds, and these tracks are ******* flawless and fresh and her vocals and signature sounds are marked all over them. Just WAIT until we hear what Team B has prepared for us, I feel like they're keeping the best songs under lock and key until the 26th. We haven't even heard the second single yet. Think about that. 

7 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

vocals alone don't make the song some experimental piece of art. it's great that she's sounding invested and serving personality but that's what should be expected from an artist in the first place lmao. the production is uninspired, the chorus is nonexistant and dated, and the lyrics are clumsily written (pun intended :rihcackle:). i've listened to the song multiple times and it really hasn't stuck with me so i'm not seeing any great melody either, it just feels very lazy. i can't believe they gave britney a song with no real chorus at all. all i can say is thank god make me and private show are far better.

They don't and I agree, but the reason we got FF was because he label didn't like the one that had personality, and it seems like that happened a lot between 2004, a mental breakdown and 2011. It applies both ways. If that's your reasoning, then Glory so far is still the better album. Would you be completely interested if everything you released was scrapped last minute? Dr. Luke's production is extremely uninspired and he reused so many tracks for others, nothing with Dr. Luke was just for Britney, tracks were massproduced and passed around, in my opinion. 

...but so far, we don't what to expect with each track. They're not ALL electropop, and they're not all lacking in personality. Each track is different. I really like Clumsy, but I prefer both Clumsy and Private Show over Make Me, but Clumsy has Britney's vocals, personality and writing style all over it. If anything that's a reason to prefer to TTWE?

Archived