Which Version of “Overprotected” Do You Prefer? (Song & Video)

Overprotected (Album Version):

Overprotected (Darkchild Remix):

Personally, I like both mixes, but I tend to gravitate more towards the album version, for nostalgic reasons —& I prefer the Darkchild music video, since it’s more sassy & fun.

Which version do you prefer?

Edited by DoYouDare?
Video Clips
  • Love 4

We've had this topic before not a couple of months ago. 

However, since it's my diamond out of Britney's entire catalogue, I'll play along:

The album version all the way, both song and video. Most, understandably so, prefer the video of the remix for obvious reasons (outfits and choreography)...:ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

For me, nothing beats the choreo of the original and Britney's deer-eyed expression during the entire experience (hence the gif in my profile). :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

Not a day goes by without at least one spin of the album version. :neydedance_purple:

Long live Overprotected! :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Edited by Propagandalf
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Propagandalf said:

We've had this topic not a couple of months ago. 

Since it's my diamond out of Britney's entire catalogue, I'll play along:

The album version all the way, both song and video. Most prefer the video for the remix for obvious reasons (outfits and choreography)...:ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

For me, nothing beats the choreo of the original and Britney's deer-eyed expression during the entire experience (hence the gif in my profile). :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

Not a day goes by without at least one spin of the album version. :neydedance_purple:

Long live Overprotected! :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

The album version is my favorite as well, & the music video’s really good —but for some reason I enjoy the cheeky vibe of the Darkchild remix.

I agree with you though, she looked absolutely beautiful in the album version video. Her face, hair, makeup, outfits looked beyond flawless, for sure.

P.S. I just started posting on the site about a month ago, so I don’t know what’s been posted, or hasn’t been. I just share what I feel like sharing. That said, I appreciate your comment, & I love how you elaborated. Also, your Britney profile gif is amazing. 👌🏻

Thank you!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, DoYouDare? said:

I agree with you though, she looked absolutely beautiful in the album version video. Her face, hair, makeup, outfits looked beyond flawless, for sure.

The video Overprotected (International Version) is the only video where Britney reaches the same innocent expression as in ...Baby One More Time. I was mesmerised by that school girl singing by the lockers. 

Watch her eyes: pure innocence.

baby one more time GIF

Years later she does it again in Overprotected... I could just melt. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Edited by Propagandalf
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, stanLOONA said:

I'm still sad I got the GH, but it has the album version :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: not the remix

You'd be hard pressed to find one edition (usually the north American or Chinese ones) that has the remix, since it was apparently a misprint. 

I ordered both only to find out the album version was pressed on each one disregarding the fact that they both listed the Darkchild Remix on the tracklist. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Edited by Propagandalf
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, stanLOONA said:

I prefer the remix for this one :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I think it actually adds something to the song :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white: and the video, I love it, especially the dance break :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

(I'm still sad I got the GH, but it has the album version :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: not the remix)

The remix music video is amazing, for sure. I would’ve preferred less strobe lights during the dance break scene, but it’s a great video.

—& the fact that she did this during her breakup is simply admirable.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, PerfectLover. said:

I like them both, but personally I prefer the album version, it's a pop masterpiece, one of her best songs in my opinion.

And both videos are amazing, but I also prefer the original. I love her outfit in the second video tho. 

Yes, the album version is perfect, in my opinion, but the remix is really enjoyable as well —& you’re right, her first outfit in the remix video is definitely stand-out.

• Love 1

Darkchild - all the way

I saw it first, actually, and it felt so raw and also felt more real as far as the emotion of the song.  

Finding out years later the behind the scenes, from her book --- it solidified it for me.  It just feels more like she's feeeeeeeeeling what she's going through in the remix.  

The OG is good, but it's got more of a campy/acty vibe than genuine.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.