Britney announces new biopic with Oscar-winning producer Marc Platt

11 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

It would be better if they just use her music catalog for some random movie than a biopic. Some musical a little inspired by her life, but not exactly her life.

IF Britney will be involved... And I don't believe she will...

How 2007 will be represented? She hated everything about images from the time, she is embarrassed by the head shaving  (she contradicts herself about the episode). She will freaked out if they showed the controversial things? The JT cheating? The abor**on? The c-ship not allowing her nothing?

One thing is a book, a movie is a way bigger thing... for way more people.

If it will be a bland biopic, it needs to focus on the music like the Elton John one.

And she should hire women to do it, not men.

I love this idea. The Spice Girls tried it over a decade ago with a West End production in London that flopped hard, but Britney has a much more versatile discography than them (though I still love the Spice Girls' music).

Songs like Gimme More, Radar & Toxic would go well with a vixen type of character in an erotic thriller. There's Breathe On Me & Touch of my Hand for the steamy moments. And of course, her very early work for a more jovial and innocent coming of age story. There's really so many ways her music can be incorporated into & come alive on film.

• Love 1

Oh, the negatives, Karen! The same people who claimed that the book was never going to be released or that it was going to be a massive flop, and it ended up selling millions. Unlike other artists, there is still a lot of mystery regarding Britney, and whether you accept it or not, Britney has the Midas touch; unfortunately, that is both her curse and her blessing at the same time.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

:ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

wait so universal has her music now?

and is it confirmed it's a movie? the post just says secret project

It was already discuss. Universal Pictures (do not confuse it with Universal Music) has licensed her music catalogue to use it in the movie. Britney's not changing record labels

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

If it is a documentary I wonder if Paul will be making a cameo or special appearance?

Who is Paul Richard Soliz? Meet Britney Spears' boyfriend

Or Sam.

I am not sure how i feel about it. She will be ranting if she won't like it. They won't take away 2007 and it is painful to watch.

1 hour ago, BreatheForBritney said:

Britney should play as herself in her biopic :enigma_alien_blue:

You know what..if Britney actually kept up with the acting thing, this could’ve worked very well.

Even though she’s referred to herself as a “terrible actress”, there was a lot of potential there at one point.

• Like 2

What about Larry? He is barely mentioned in the book yet he is essential for her story from the very beginning until the facility season...

The movie will follow the book and pretend he was never there?

It would be good an update for this confusing part of the book... it will be weird a manager with no substantial role in the movie.

9 hours ago, BreatheForBritney said:

i thought she doesn't like documentaries and biopic of herself. 

will she come out and say she wanna sue them after the movie is released :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Don’t worry, there will be a tweet 15 mins later to say it was fake news, she was hacked and she loved the biopic and all her exhale lemmings will believe her 

:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Edited by Kiss my
  • Haha 2

Okay I wasn’t expecting that kind of news ! :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:
I’m excited by the project and it seems like a great team but the biopics are often disappointing, I hope she’s really involved and not just taking $ easily.

Also after the autobiography, the biopic really feels like the end of her musical career…Unless she does it like Tina Turner and makes her big comeback with an artistic reinvention and a new chapter in her career (“What’s Love Got To Do”), in the meantime let’s  just wait and see :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.