Is Britney a completely different person since her doc "For The Record"?

Well... We all change, but. You know, reading her book and according to some things she writes on social medias - how much did she change since then (2008)?

Discuss. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Edited by Fita

She changed a lot since FTR, I mean that's expected to happen, she was 26 years when the documentary was filmed. I believe that documentary was the most honest Britney we could have ever gotten, I mean she talked about a lot of things and expressed herself in many ways. I know a lot was cut off, but never had I thought she'd talk about shaving her head, VMAs 2007, or her relationship with Kevin.

Having said that, I think the rehab facility messed her up from the humane point of view. But we also had glimses in 2019 of a well-functioning Britney after the facility. We've seen her on vacations or even talking to the press, going to social events, etc

It'll sound awful to most people, but I fear the Britney we have today is a person off her medication and lack of proper guidance. All this can be fixed if she decides to allow people to help her. What happened on Friday was pretty much a breaking poin for me, I still love her but she needs help :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1
  • Like 5

It’a 16 years ago we all change in a periode of 16 years especially in our thirties. Add tremendous stress, loss and continued pain and trauma for that period of time, up untill a point where you are locked up and they try to kill you and your own kids don’t want to see ylj anymore and I don’t understand how anyone could not be deeply changed by that. There‘s few that would survive, let alone not be broken in spirit.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods

Yes she is a different person since this doc cause she was the same "Britney Spears" here but just anxious and nervous.

Now due to all the trauma she's been through including the 2019 stay,

I think she is severely messed up but anyone would be if they went through what she went through.

I just wish she would seek out help and treatment because I feel like that would balance her alot.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Yes it’s two different people, and like everyone is saying it’s likely due to all the trauma and everything she has been through. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Also, I’m sure most of us are not the same people we were in 2008. We all change, go through life experiences, etc. No one is gonna stay the same. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Yes it’s two different people, and like everyone is saying it’s likely due to all the trauma and everything she has been through. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Also, I’m sure most of us are not the same people we were in 2008. We all change, go through life experiences, etc. No one is gonna stay the same. 

But even after the supposed craziness from 2007, she showed she was still Britney. 

God knows what they did to her for 13 years for us to witness how she is presently on Instagram. 

The world will always root for her.

• Like 2

Yes! I’ve been waiting on someone to bring this up. In FTR, Britney was the most articulate, self-aware, and well spoken that I had ever seen her. She was so put together and insightful. I had honestly never seen her like that before, and it was refreshing to see her being so thoughtful and able to articulate her thoughts and feelings so well. Unfortunately, that’s the last time I ever saw her being “normal”. Now, the Britney of today is a sad shadow of the Britney in FTR. I think 2024 Britney is suffering from extreme trauma and PTSD, untreated mental illness, and substance abuse. FTR Britney was sober and sharp. Sadly, I doubt we’ll ever have that version of Britney back. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4

The same person when she said that :

tumblr_mu5md56mPH1sjj2nvo1_500.gif

a different person when said that

tumblr_min9wupDU61rp25b8o1_400.gif

For me, it's nearly the same person. The big difference is that 'For the Record' was made before the long years of conservatorship so there was still a kind of hope in her eyes. Now we just see the result of all those years of torture, which had an enormous negative impact on her, now she is just disappointed and saddened by the years that this system stole from her. I think, she has given up and wonders why make a musical comeback to feed an industrial, commercial, and media system that ruined her life. :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 2

Some people say "nobody is the same as in 2008", true, but most people evolve and get wiser/better ... They level up. They learn. They get more articulate, give more meaning ... She is like, the opposite. And she went through a lot, i know, but she is so much more than what we see today. I have a Whitney feeling. She lived in her own world for years and later, she fought back, and could look clearly to that episode of her life. Hope Britney gets the help she needs/let them help her and can look back in a few years and see that was not really who she wanted to be, but needed that time off, and go further on a higher lever. Life has so much more to offer for her.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.