Getting this off my chest....

The usual suspects making the comment section here a mess as usual. I don't understand the point in posting that video of her singing in the bathroom to mock her, but I suppose that's what some people need to do to feel better about themselves.

As a few have pointed out already, Britney has an incredibly, unique voice. If she wanted to fine tune it, all she would need is the right vocal coach/training. I've also felt that certain songs she's sung were out of her range, too, so if she were to ever come back to performing or singing, it would be cool to see her take on songs that fit her lower register better. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

spacer.png

she literally skipped the question to tell that it was bad.

In fact, you don’t need someone to tell you it was bad. It was refreshing to see her cover it but putting shame Beyonce? Ok…

Imagine being miserable enough to think that was “skipping the question”. :clownery_makeup_meme:  She literally said it was awesome. 

Love Alanis and that was a very nice response. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Someone said the last time she sang live was to sing happy birthday to LA Reid on a reality show
and how proud they were of that. 

she’s a singer and you’re beaming with happiness that that was literally the last time she worded anything live. That’s disgustingly ridiculous. It was like 15 seconds long. Hail, hail this crowning achievement!! She’s a singer!!! As lady Gaga said when people pay an arm and a leg to come and see u the singer should u know have some pipes sing their songs. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Well I feel like this conversation will always come and go, the idea that at least for one album or one project we could have had a more acoustic artsty-fartsy unplugged Britney à la Alanis Morissette will always feel like a missed opportunity in her career because we all know she had the voice !

Now the fact she had her career during that time of bubble gum pop and then autotuned RnB made this impossible for us to hear her voice in a more raw and authentic way. Also we have to keep in mind she became a brand above all the rest..I mean even one year ago I went to a toy store to get a birthday present for my nephew and a toy had a Britney era picture saying this toy is approved by Britney Spears.... I mean in 2023. :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

I love her voice I think it's good and that it's always been good and unique. I do agree on two things:

- she should have had a vocal coach throughout her career to help her take care of it 

- the labels, media and GP destroyed her confidence in her own natural voice, making her question it and trying to manipulate it

• Love 2
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, LoveforBritney said:

No it wasn’t. It was live! Every time she performs you guys say it’s prerecorded. Go watch her on today show for oops she was live!

Her vocals of Lucky on the Today Show are the EXACT same from the Oops Tour. And her vocals are the same on almost every broadcast version of the tour.

Britney is a perfect example of someone who had immense talent but was taken advantage of and curated by the record labels. Most artists break free of it and I truly believe Britney tried to do that but because of the conservatorship she got trapped and because she didn’t know the laws and was so easily manipulated she went a long with it all those years. She’s now sadly a shell of the person we all knew and it’s so unfortunate and a sad story. Her legacy will be just like Judy Garlands. The future will look back and feel so sorry for her and they should. She was used and abused and forced to deal with the aftermath all alone.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

This video and some others are the reason I believe Britney has no idea what she is doing and how her image looks for the GP.

She really thinks her dancing videos, the clothes, her singing... looks good.

Like so distanced from reality that she probably was confident enough to sent this to be posted, a professional singer thinking this is good.

It's sad because she reminds me a person who believes she is doing something amazing but the others are laughing and she never understands what they're laughing about. The butt of the joke.

She showed us she still can sing very well ! The voice she uses on her records and lypsync is artistic choice imo and I enjoy it too.

I just wish someday she'll release a brand new song with her deeper voice as it's lovely and very nice to listen to. 

• Love 1
On 7/5/2024 at 5:07 PM, Derrick said:

Britney is a perfect example of someone who had immense talent but was taken advantage of and curated by the record labels. Most artists break free of it and I truly believe Britney tried to do that but because of the conservatorship she got trapped and because she didn’t know the laws and was so easily manipulated she went a long with it all those years. She’s now sadly a shell of the person we all knew and it’s so unfortunate and a sad story. Her legacy will be just like Judy Garlands. The future will look back and feel so sorry for her and they should. She was used and abused and forced to deal with the aftermath all alone.

Oh stop it. Britney has always put in the bare minimum when it came to recording. There’s producers that have said she would leave mid session without even letting them know. Britney wanted to be an entertainer and she achieved that. 

8 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Oh stop it. Britney has always put in the bare minimum when it came to recording. There’s producers that have said she would leave mid session without even letting them know. Britney wanted to be an entertainer and she achieved that. 

I stand by what I said. Britney at the beginning of her career was an insane talent. Maybe never vocally but her overall package was never “mid” it wasn’t until she grew tired of the grueling schedules and zero work life balance that she declined in artistic creativity.

Posted (edited)

Thing is we Britney fans never cared if she liped 90% of her show, but we LOVED and lived for that 10% of live vocals even if they werent perfrct beacuse we just lover HER VOICE. As u said… during baby, then with oops (dlmbtltk), britney (not a girl), in the zone (everytime), we always had that one song she would sing live and let us feel something different with our fave SINGER appart from her top notch choreography that of course was her and our proprity. It was full circle. After that we got NEITHER. And its been a long time

she even stoped ACTING her songs. Facial expressions r disconected from the lyrics. She wasnt good at it she was the GREATER. Even shen liping. But the last years have been terrible. Just sitting there or walking singing the lyrics to alien or whatever song with no proper acting or expression.

she actually stoped careing way too soon into her career as a singer. 1998 to 2004 was really a short time and long long ago

Edited by BritneyLover
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I think some fans expect a more inspired Britney if she comes back to her career now free from the c-ship. 

I can't see anything much different if she is back.

Not singing live, subpar dancing, dance tracks, Vegas again...

A lot of them never realized Britney is done with music for a long time now. She seems to hate everything related to music, not just promoting, but recording,  doing concerts, interacting with fans. She explained many times she is done with it.

When you see people like Madonna,  Janet, even Mariah after so many years performing and passionate about their careers... you can tell Britney will not be like them.

Artists write music when they're sad, confused, angry... they go to the studio. Britney vents on her instagram with weird captions.

being an artist isn't her thing anymore.

Edited by Dark Willow
36 minutes ago, BritneyLover said:

she actually stoped careing way too soon into her career as a singer. 1998 to 2004 was really a short time and long long ago

If she cares again, she would need basically to start all over again from the beginning. Singing lessons, dance lessons, media training, deal with stylists and a bigger team to tell her what to say and wear. She doesn't know how to act as a public figure anymore.

2004 was basically the end of Britney passionate popstar. I don't see how she can come back with at least 10% of the artist she was. 20 years ago is a long time and a lot happened since...

• Like 1
On 7/3/2024 at 5:34 PM, DiamondCircus said:

Funny how now half the world is being blamed for Britney's voice, she's a smoker and in addition to lipping to 25-year-old tracks or cd's that skip no one is to blame other than Britney and her team and team Con once they took over.

There's no reason she should be on stage lipping to such simple songs and hardly no movement.

Lipping to Lucky, Perfume, Alien, and many other songs makes no sense if she's not dancing, then they lie and make it seem like she's singing live when we know good and well she's using old backing tracks to lip too.

On 7/4/2024 at 2:10 AM, Princessmimi said:

Exactly.

She became a legacy artist when she was barely in her 30s.

If her team cared about her career, they would've encouraged her artistry like you said instead of making her some 90s/early 00s nostalgia act so quick in her career.

Yeah the lipsyncing in performances during the conservatorship were hard to watch cause of that.

Do you think Britney was being sincere when she said in 2017 that though a lot of people think she lip-syncs, it is a mixture of her (live) voice and the playback, that she sings and dances her *** off but doesn't get credit for it? Is it possible that her team let her know her mic would be on a lot more than she thought? 

In 2014, in anticipation of her Piece of Me residency, Britney said that she always sings live and does her best, even if it doesn't always sound so great. Larry Rudolph said at the time that the goal was to get as close to 100% of live singing and that a backing track would assist with strenuous dance numbers. As for Adam Leber, he explained during the residency that Britney does sing live—when she can, as much as she can with all that dancing.

As for Kurt Melien, who oversaw entertainment programming for Planet Hollywood parent company Caesars Entertainment Corp., he said that Spears used a recording of her voice to help her through the more physically gruelling parts of the show—and also to add an electronic quality to her vocals.

And in year 2000, Britney responded to lip-syncing allegations during the Crazy 2K Tour. She explained that she sings live but if she's "dying" (goes out of breath because of all the dancing), the tech guys are alerted by a code, and they'll "help her out." She also explained that there might be a delay between the moment she sings a word and the time she's seen singing it on the giant screen, which can mislead some of the audience.
On 7/4/2024 at 10:23 AM, PolySpears said:

just watched the OIDIA tour when she actually sang

why did she stop :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

On 7/4/2024 at 10:44 AM, Mp mar50 said:

When did she sing? As i know, it was pre-recorded vocals that were used

On 7/4/2024 at 9:36 PM, LoveforBritney said:

No it wasn’t. It was live! Every time she performs you guys say it’s prerecorded. Go watch her on today show for oops she was live!

On 7/5/2024 at 4:09 PM, Mp mar50 said:

Her vocals of Lucky on the Today Show are the EXACT same from the Oops Tour. And her vocals are the same on almost every broadcast version of the tour.

According to these sources below, the Oops... I Did It Again Tour was not fully or mostly lipped; instead, it was mostly live with some strong backing track support during certain numbers.

"Spears used a handheld microphone and a headset during the shows, while an ADAT was used to replace her voice during energetic dance routines."

"The sound equipment was provided by Showco who used the PRISM system, which adapted the show for each venue according to its height, width and the coverage required. The sound was mixed by Front of house engineer Monty Lee Wilkes on a combination of Yamaha PM4000 and PM3000 consoles, an unusual choice for Spears's shows. He used dbx 903 compressors for kick and snare drums. The compressors were also used on Spears's microphones, a Shure Beta 58A handheld and a Crown CM-311AE headset-mounted capsule. Spears's vocals were mostly live—pre-recorded vocals ran in parallel on an ADAT machine during the shows, and were used to replace her live microphone when the dance routines became too energetic for good voice control."

"Spears's band, backline technicians and monitor engineer Raza Sufi were all fitted with in-ear monitors and headset mics, enabling rapid and clear communications around the stage area. Spears did not use them, preferring the ambient sound of a battery of eight Showco SRM wedges spread across the downstage area. These were augmented by Showco SS full-range sidefills and a pair of one-by-18-inch subs on each side of the stage. Sufi also used a dbx 160A to limit Spears's louder moments, while backing vocalists were controlled by a duo of BSS DPR901 dynamic equalizers. Effects were limited to vocal and drum reverbs. Amplification for the wedges and the FOH system were all Crown-based, with a pair of drum stool shakers completing the line-up. All the cables used during the tour were brought from the US, even in Europe, something unusual in audio production."

WEB.ARCHIVE.ORG

Britney Spears is currently dazzling her European fans with her all-American mix of dance, song and showmanship. But how are things backstage? I met up with her sound crew to ask how European...

@UnderHisSpell

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.