Britney History: The Today Show In 2000

Today in Britney History:

On June 30th, 2000, Britney performed a mini-concert at The Today Show to promote the Oops!…I Did It Again album. She performed "...Baby One More Time," "Lucky," and "Oops!...I Did It Again." She also gave an interview.

spacer.png

Does anyone remember watching this live when it first aired? What are your favorite memories from this appearance? :) 

I remember waking up early to watch this and my mom taped it for me. I watched the tape over and over and over again! :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Does anyone remember watching this live when it first aired? What are your favorite memories from this appearance? :) 

I remember waking up early to watch this and my mom taped it for me. I watched the tape over and over and over again! :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Aw! I wasn't a fan of Britney in 2000. But so cute that your mom taped it for you.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Fita said:

I guess it's the one where she rehearsed like this?

b37cb4edce2b95d44319a192038fcc3b.jpg

b9dffaa6d8f9ec58ad67bb7fdd5e9b61.jpg

Thanks for sharing the rehearsal pics, I love seeing it these, it’s like an alternate reality of the actual performance. :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

11 minutes ago, Fita said:

Aw! I wasn't a fan of Britney in 2000. But so cute that your mom taped it for you.

Thank you! My mom was so understanding and supportive of my Britney obsession because she stanned Madonna. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

6 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Yep I am sure I am discussed this on the forum before but I remember my mother and I were visiting the Grand Canyon and stayed in the hotel that morning to watch the performance. I would be seeing her live in person for my first time later that same summer. 

Iconic! Imagine seeing Britney on TV while visiting the Grand Canyon. :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

• Love 4

I know this is off topic but it’s so crazy to think how much America has changed since 2000 

We were so stable and strong then and all so excited about the millennium and the future. Instead everything has fallen apart. 

Britney fans in other nations, please pray for us. Things are sad and scary here. 

sad cry me a river GIF

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Yep I am sure I am discussed this on the forum before but I remember my mother and I were visiting the Grand Canyon and stayed in the hotel that morning to watch the performance. I would be seeing her live in person for my first time later that same summer. 

The Grand Canyon and you’re like whatever, I’m watching Britney. I love it! 

Maybe she did the “not a girl, not yet a woman” video for you 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KatieKat said:

I know this is off topic but it’s so crazy to think how much America has changed since 2000 

We were so stable and strong then and all so excited about the millennium and the future. Instead everything has fallen apart. 

Britney fans in other nations, please pray for us. Things are sad and scary here. 

sad cry me a river GIF

I totally agree with you but I have to say other countries are going through the same or worse, it’s all bad but we gotta try an stay positive and focus on the good things going on even if they are little 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.