9 hours ago, Britney Baby said:

Britney hasn't put out anything memorable since Femme Fatale. Let's be honest. The last time that she felt somewhat relevant musically was during X Factor era, Scream & Shout and Work ***** music video. After Work ***** it all went downhill. 

On the scale of a "Toxic" or a "Gimme More," which are flawless 5/5 pop masterpieces, "Hold Me Closer" is a pathetic 2/5. i'd rate it that low. It's absolute garbage, just like "Ooh La La," "Pretty Girls," "Perfume," "Make Me," "Matches," "Mind Your Business"—all of these songs were horrendous and a blatant insult to Britney's legendary legacy. It's mind-boggling how the people in charge of her brand thought these songs suited Britney. They completely tarnished her discography with this trash. The triple consecutive punch of Blackout, Circus, and Femme Fatale was phenomenal and a perfect follow-up to Britney's early 2000s albums. Those eras showcased Britney at her best musically, proving she could evolve while still delivering hits .... Femme Fatale was so well produced  and then it all went downhill after that, the music was either mid, trash or didn't sound like a Britney song. I'd rather never hear new music from Britney again if it's going to sound like that garbage. Never again please. 

If a had to make top 100 list of Britney's best songs (whether it's album tracks, demos, singles etc) Hold Me Closer would probably be at the bottom of the list...  

You're entitled to your own wrong opinion!!! ❤️❤️

Also, Glory > Femme Fatale 

its because of songs not sounding like a britney song

and MOST of all because of lyrics and concepts not having ANYTHING to do with her situation at the time, feeling completely out of touch and with reality both for her and her fanbase 

1) Baby: we falling in love with our talented girl next door

2) oops: she doing it again feeling ***ier growing as we also were

3) Britney: britney cementing her identity as an artist and also her status as the princess of pop, edgier, fearless, and IN BETWEEN like all of us. 

4) in the zone: the queen madonna officialy aknowledging britney as her heir. Kissing a girl, going out, touching ourselves, being transgressive

5) blackout: the drama in our lives, fear, cries, dark times, the before and after something, growing up feeling like a chaos. It had TRUTH 

6) circus: her life was literally a circus and she was the star of it. The comeback. They wanted to leave bald britneys image behind and it kinda worked. What we also go through when we recover from something

7) femme fatale: we grew, she grew, she is a woman now. A well produced album full of bangers during a difficult time. We knew something was off but we still belived she was being treated as she needed and supported. Many of us saw her from the very first time live since she came to latinamerica

8) Britney jean: work***** music video had us all like we were seeing britney at her prime again. It reslly worked. And everything around the residency too. She changed las vegas and everything was about empowerment which we all were also seeking

9) glory: just nice songs that went unnoticed. No banger. No proper lead single. Nothing ICONIC. Not even the VMAs. She seemed like in a right place that year though, u could say it was somewhat gloryious but the songs were just cute nothing of BRITNEYs caliber. Somewhat BORING

then… well, times of chaos, she spinning on ig, being held against her will then coming out, the talk around mental health, the documentaries, free britney movement, her speech in court, the conservatorship ending and yet her music talking about NONSENSE. Even the SOUND doesnt feel proper any more. Her fanbase is 30+ years almost 40 now and they dont seem to care. Everything is off and it reflexts in her work. I just hope she doesnt keep on losing credibility and ruining her brands status. She can still make it right she just needs to put her sanity first, heal, find her path and if she wants be the artist she is and use it to express something relatable or believable and she will have everyone and their mother listening

Edited by BritneyLover
  • Love 1
Just now, Britney Baby said:

what does that have to do with the thread 

scream & shout and Wb felt like way bigger hits than Hold Me Closer

They're classics

In one of them Britney is talking like before vomit, and in chorus is she covered with Will.I.Ruin voice, and second of them Britney didn't record at all, good comparsion and music taste tho:bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

That's why I said "btw-".

14 minutes ago, Britney Baby said:

the issue i have with hold me closer, is that it's too safe, it bores me

it doesn't feel or sound like Britney Spears

Give me kunt give me fierce

I don't buy their "Britney was afraid/Britney was shy to record a song" thing. She just wanted to do all the F in a few minutes and come to home for recording new insta video, and then listen what they did in the studio. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1

I'm sorry what?

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Hold Me Closer is a CLASSIC! It's a great song. And would of been a great yet simple video if they filmed one. Don't diss Hold Me Closer, it's a million times better than most of Britney' collabs.

I ain't here for a pot steaming full of vegetables.

• Love 1

I always listen to the Joel Corry remix because it's just way better than the original.

But I genuinely think it's a good song, I never forced myself to listen to it. 

And so does the GP. You can't get those kind of numbers without a video or any promotion if it's not a good song, even if it's a Britney collab (Manjobi proved that). 

Many liked. Many not liked it. I think it's a bland song and forgettable amongst her classics. The stans here were vicious if you didn't like the song. They equated not liking the song to not supporting Britney. It was nuts, as it tends to get like that around here.

On paper, the song is a hit, but is nowhere near his collab with Dua. HMC just passed 400 million streams after all this time, but look at the streams for Cold Heart. That has been out longer, but still HMC is not a streaming force as that is. I think anyone could've sang HMC, but no one else can sing Baby, Oops, Slave, Toxic. She IS those songs. They are her and no one else can do them justice. Britney elevates songs, yet is in the background in HMC. It never made sense to me. Britney is back recording new music! She is free! Let's make her a background singer! She said it herself on purpose. If it flopped, stans would say of course it flopped, because they put her in the background of a boring, bland song!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.