I don’t think ‘Britney Jean’ is as bad as everyone makes it out to be

6 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

With what device you are playing dolby atmos? Cuz with headphones or phone speakers it sounded terrible like everything suppressed in the background  

Apple Music with AirPods works just fine. YouTube rips lower the quality but they get the job done. A lot more of the production shines through with DA. There were actually a lot of vocals I hadn’t heard before and they turned Myah’s BGV down on TTB. They used a Britney vocal outtake for the chorus of BMS. It wasn’t bad 

8 hours ago, Markoct said:

The problem is not Britney Jean, but the Britney jean album being made for Britney Spears. Will. I.flop did not for one second consider Britney Spears as the legendery artist she is with her signiture style ( 'style' wink wink :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:)  and artistry. This album would have worked fine or even great for artists who lack character but have great  tones for pop records, bebe rexa, rita ora,  eva semens, katy perry, mabel, ava max or most artists who produce with djs. This is NOT A BRITNEY SPEARS album and it does not suit her at all. Therefore because of her having to mold into this characterless work with zero personality,  we got her worst body of work EVER.

The same thing happens to me with Glory. There are many good songs, slumber party was my most listened song in 2016, but it doesn't feel like a britney album, it lacks soul and it's mainly because of the ultra-processed vocals. Also, it felt like an attempt to copy Selena Gomez and her Revival album, which is very pathetic, since she is Britney, what the hell?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

Apple Music with AirPods works just fine. YouTube rips lower the quality but they get the job done. A lot more of the production shines through with DA. There were actually a lot of vocals I hadn’t heard before and they turned Myah’s BGV down on TTB. They used a Britney vocal outtake for the chorus of BMS. It wasn’t bad 

I have good headphones that support surround sound, but all the instruments are so quiet and indistinct including the vocals 

Posted (edited)

It’s bad.

Britney Spears GIF

Work B - the POM version is ok

Alien -mostly ok

Perfume - cringy lyrics but ok

Don’t Cry - This song is fine

The rest is pretty bad…

And honestly, it’s f.c.k.n.g insulting when people rank this album higher than …Baby One More Time. 

Edited by Peter Pan
  • Love 2
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

the dolby atmos versions of her album are tragically bad. dolby atmos is literally just a gimmick to trick low iq people to pay for apple music. Bluetooth (airpods/airpod pro) does not support high fidelity either. 

Edited by kevin.
6 hours ago, oscar0 said:

The same thing happens to me with Glory. There are many good songs, slumber party was my most listened song in 2016, but it doesn't feel like a britney album, it lacks soul and it's mainly because of the ultra-processed vocals. Also, it felt like an attempt to copy Selena Gomez and her Revival album, which is very pathetic, since she is Britney, what the hell?

Exactly. Glory is such a bland album imho. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

• Love 1
10 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

The album cover shot and the Perfume single cover shot are my most favorite pics from her, especially the Perfume cover. She just looks really pretty and I liked how they had Perfume written in lipstick. 
spacer.png

The album isn’t the worst thing on the planet like a lot of people make it out to be, but it has a few gems, especially Perfume. I think the reason why that song is hated is because of the mark my territory line, but honestly it isn’t a bad ballad and imo, is one of her best vocally since forever.

Like listen to her vocals and just her vocals without the backing vocals and the instrumental and you can tell it’s one of her best.

I remember making a thread with this version. You definitely know she sang this song in its entirety with no Myah. Sia is present, but she always is in every song she writes. 

Tbh I think she had a fun time recording Perfume. She got to show off her vocals more, something as I said she hadn’t done in a while.

I agree about Britney’s vocals on Perfume, she nailed it. However, I don’t like the BJ photoshoot… at all! :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Like 1

It’s useless to discuss whether Britney Jean is a bad album or not because it’s not a Britney album. It’s not her voice there, somebody else is singing, so why bother discussing it? And by the way, it’s a terrible album.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Fita said:

I like it too. I don't hate it at all. When it was released the first time I listened to it I enjoyed a lot, the feeling of listening to a brand new album/sound... I feel nostalgic about it, not in a bad way. Personal favorites:

It Should Be Easy

Hold On Tight

Don't Cry

I might add Tik Tik Boom to that list even though the song is trash, lol.

And I'm gonna say, I've always liked Chillin' With You too even though I don't listen to this one due to the background we know... Yeah.

The dancing I always do to Tik Tik Boom is WILD!

The album aged too fast (dated). Listening now is even worse. Such a horrible album for a perfect pop discography. Makes me kinda mad tbh

WB is a fun song, but that's the only song I stand now. Can understand the love for Perfume and Alien tho, I was one of them, but not anymore.

Really bad album. wendy williams what GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.