Taylor Swift's "The Tortured Poets Department" listening party

5 hours ago, jordeezy river red said:

I actually like it more than Midnights 

How can you say that 2 hours after hearing the album. Albums need time. And you can't really rank an album in an artists catalogue until at least 6 months has gone by 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AII said:

How can you say that 2 hours after hearing the album. Albums need time. And you can't really rank an album in an artists catalogue until at least 6 months has gone by 

I also like it more than midnights 

16 hours ago, Gypsy Woman said:

It's like you're new to album sales or something. How many times have fans (on this very forum for that fact) admitted to buying multiple copies of Britney's album? Where was the "embarrassment" then?

If people are willing to spend that much money to own multiple copies of essentially the same thing, then wouldn't that just show how strong her impact is? So yes, "I have fans that are willing to spend a ton of money to buy my stuff" vs "My fans are only willing to spend the bare minimum to support me."

Britney has released different versions of the same album before as well and those all counted towards the same album sale. So what's your point?

In fact, I have both standard and deluxe editions for every album since Blackout. So, go ahead...pop off on how embarrassing Britney fans are.

At least Britney is talented and her music  is  so good Taylor on the other  hand well 

spacer.png

Edited by Britney is my god
4 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

I’m going to give it a few weeks before I listen.  It doesn’t sound like it fits the mood I’m in.

It's definitely not for little kids who like upbeat music.  

But she kept quiet on what happened.  She's pissed.

But it's the first time all the physical bonus tracks came available at once, people are like pissed cos she normally has them wait like a half of a year 

But it is for people with a glass of wine and their cats. Sequel album to Folklore and Evermore and its obvious the bonus tracks allude to that. 

She definitely found the formula that wins for her. 

She got instant classic and several 5 star reviews.  They even saying pitchfork might have to say tortured poets is the better album and adult version of Red without juvenile tracks like 22..

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It's definitely not for little kids who like upbeat music.  

But she kept quiet on what happened.  She's pissed.

But it's the first time all the physical bonus tracks came available at once, people are like pissed cos she normally has them wait like a half of a year 

But it is for people with a glass of wine and their cats. Sequel album to Folklore and Evermore and its obvious the bonus tracks allude to that. 

She definitely found the formula that wins for her. 

She got instant classic and several 5 star reviews.  They even saying pitchfork might have to say tortured poets is the better album and adult version of Red without juvenile tracks like 22..

Girl please most of Taylor fans are 14 years old white teen girls and twinks 

:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Just finished listening to the entire album, and let me start by saying this; the album is absolutely phenomenal.

Before I listened to it, I read threads here and tweets claiming it was similar to Midnights, and while I did get that from at most the first two tracks, it is not a Midnights sister album, it is far richer in every sense.

it utilises the lyrical finesse she showcased with Folklore and Evermore and balances it out with some of her richest and most driven production she has ever used, with the depth of folklore/evermore, with the brilliant twinkling anything production of records like 1989, reputation, midnights etc. One thing I found very interesting is that she very much leans into her country routes on a solid segment of the album, creating songs that have the same allure as songs on Fearless/Speak Now, with the insight and maturity she has gained since.

She makes it clear; she has been criticised for writing about her experiences, and so she changed that, but with the this album, she's very boldly saying "actually no, I will do that!", and then details some of her most emotional sounding music; the theme of it being Grief and the stages of acceptance is very much clear, and this, in line with the concept of being a post mortem file, revisiting the details of what lead to them. It is a highly personal album.

Her Collab with Florence is incredible but the highlight of the standard album is definitely "Whos Afraid of Little Old Me?"; which feels like the sequel to Folklore's My Tears Ricochet. "I Can Do It With A Broken Heart" builds into what is Taylor's most dance driven song, which is the most direct Sad Girl Bop I've ever heard.

And then we enter the second album...

In my opinion, if Folklore was a summer album, and Evermore was a Winter album, This is definitely a spring album. The writing, and production is far more in line with Folklore and Evermore here, and features some of the albums most cohesive sounds.

Vocally, it is on par (if not better) than Folklore and Evermore, and the production is the richest she has ever released.

If you haven't already, listen to it.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block