25 years of Britney’s 1999 rolling stone magazine

Well a lot of it was supposed to be Britney's idea but I think by this time the image had basically been programmed into her. The execs knew it would stir controversy but also generate publicity for the records. To offset the controversy, they also tried to promote her as a devout southern girl with traditional values. No doubt that would mess with anyone's head as they tried to make the teenage transition in public eye.

I think that Britney is still affected by this to this day and hasn't totally reconciled with it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wendy Williams said:

2nd is really funny scene. And next to her is a little Madonna :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao::arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

I remember being 12 or 13 and trying to look like Madonna. My parents weren't too thrilled, because they thought she looked like a tramp... Some of us maybe didn't realise how it looked, I suspect most of us just looked silly lol.

Remember that this is what Britney grew up with too and it was likely an influence.

• Love 2

Wow. I remember when this came out, iconic absolutely but now that I’m older I find these photos a bit too much, she was so young here 

The way her family just went along with this and let it happen is so off putting 

But damn 25 years is insane 

• Love 3

Iconic but also a bit icky knowing she was still 17 here.

Obviously we now know she wasn’t that innocent (she said so in her book) by this age but she was definitely living up to the “Lolita” persona here.

I still like most of the photos though, David Lachapelle is an amazing photographer. 

• Like 2
Just now, icybaby said:

Disturbing piece of art for sure. Britney here is perfect example of seksy Lolita.  Not 12 yo Lolita from the book ofc. But still. Hate that book, couldn't finish reading it.

I’m not sure if I’d want to read it honestly… 

4 minutes ago, Isla said:

I’m not sure if I’d want to read it honestly… 

I do not  recommend to read it to nobody. I think i only gave it it try bc it was given as summer read in school. But it is bad.. It is a book about ped****e i mean.

Edited by icybaby
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, icybaby said:

Disturbing piece of art for sure. Britney here is perfect example of seksy Lolita.  Not 12 yo Lolita from the book ofc. But still. Hate that book, couldn't finish reading it.

Ive never read it but is the main female character really 12 there? 😳

6 minutes ago, icybaby said:

And this last photo i am like who is this man and why is he on a picture

The way he is positioned there I can assume he’s like the oldest brother and the little girl the youngest, like Brian and JL… btw the little looks like JL but I can’t tell it’s her because of the timeline.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Fita said:

The way he is positioned there I can assume he’s like the oldest brother and the little girl the youngest, like Brian and JL… btw the little looks like JL but I can’t tell it’s her because of the timeline.

I thought it's Jl. And man looks like a creep honestly.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block