KPop group "Kiss Of Life" pays homage to Britney Spears in new single

Kiss Of Life are not a big group like BLACKPINK, they are from a small company but they have a peculiarity, they are all Britney fans so they decided to make a single inspired by her.

About their new 2000s sound: "We were inspired by Britney Spears musicality and like a role model to get nostalgia at that time, so we made it into our own emotions and released this single".

The song:

The performance:

The people are really made a Britney version:

KOREAJOONGANGDAILY.JOINS.COM

Kiss of Life targets a nostalgic 2000s vibe in its latest single, drawing inspiration from Britney Spears.
WWW.KPOPMAP.COM

K-Pop group KISS OF LIFE channels Britney Spears and K-pop legends like BoA, reviving the essence of love in their debut album 'Midas Touch' with a blend of nostalgic sounds and...

Edited by NJ jeans
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

How did they pay homage to Britney? I don’t see any obvious references. I’d really be stretching to come up with some.

“I got the MIDAS TOUCH” = “A man with a MIDAS TOUCH” 

Its obviously paying homage to Radar. DUH! 🤣 LOL I also saw zero connections other than dancing and snakes at one point. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

How did they pay homage to Britney? I don’t see any obvious references. I’d really be stretching to come up with some.

They said they were musically inspired by Britney to bring 2000s nostalgia to their single.

You don't need to directly copy someone to honor them. There are many references to Britney in the video, the song is totally Britney style and even the outfits inspired by baby one more time in their live performance. That's a clever way to honor someone with creative references.

Everyone said that the song is Britney coded:

Edited by NJ jeans
37 minutes ago, NJ jeans said:

They said they were musically inspired by Britney to bring 2000s nostalgia to their single.

You don't need to directly copy someone to honor them. There are many references to Britney in the video, the song is totally Britney style and even the outfits inspired by baby one more time in their live performance. That's a clever way to honor someone with creative references.

Everyone said that the song is Britney coded:

Saying Korean people that wear uniforms in a performance is a Britney reference to BOMT is delulu when it’s practically mandatory for all Korean kids to start wearing them by middle school. That’s just reference to their lifestyle. 

Being inspired by someone and actually paying homage them is different. That’s why the title of this thread confused me. Idk I listened to the song three times and I def hear the 2000s influence but I don’t think the song sounds “britney-ish”. It reminds me of many different songs from the 2000s, but B isn’t one of them. But that’s cool if they said she’s an inspiration to them. Keeping her legacy as an artist alive for the younger generation. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Saying Korean people that wear uniforms in a performance is a Britney reference to BOMT is delulu when it’s practically mandatory for all Korean kids to start wearing them by middle school. That’s just reference to their lifestyle. 

Being inspired by someone and actually paying homage them is different. 

lol they're not korean people wearing uniforms. they're idols wearing outfits inspired by Britney, they literally said it behind the scenes of the performance.

and about the meaning of being inspired and honoring someone, it seems your understanding is very literal. 

Honoring someone is not copying or dressing up as that person, may you could look up the meaning of the word before debating or discarding a meaning that is confusing for you to understand. <3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block