Rare Beauty is valued at US$2 billion and Selena's considering a sale

Actress Selena Gomez has hired consultants to evaluate offers for her cosmetics company, Rare Beauty, according to information from Bloomberg.

29edb1ce62b5b71befe4ffc986a5f808.jpg

Bankers have met with potential parties interested in the transaction, but Gomez has not yet done so. Either way, Gomez, 31, hopes to stay involved with the business. Representatives for Rare Beauty and the actress did not comment on the Bloomberg report.

Rare Beauty has been named one of the "hottest M&A targets for 2024" with a $2 billion valuation, according to Business of Fashion, a website that tracks the industry.

Gomez launched Rare Beauty in 2020, focusing on liquid cosmetics that can be applied with minimal tools. The company's blush became a viral hit on TikTok the following year.

The beauty field has been a double-edged sword for celebrities. While Gomez, Rihanna and Hailey Bieber are among those who have found success in the industry, others have stumbled. Ariana Grande's REM Beauty and Lady Gaga's Haus Labs have undergone reformulations.

70fa52ada57d618de83aa1e14bdf43d4.jpg

Gomez has 430 million followers on Instagram, which puts her among the 10 most followed accounts on the social network. She used this audience to promote her projects, talk about mental health and boost other ventures.

She co-founded Wondermind, a startup focused on improving mental health, which was valued at $100 million in 2021. She has served as an executive producer on shows for Netflix Inc. and Warner Bros. Discovery Inc. and has formed partnerships with brands such as Puma SE.

words and source by:

EXAME-COM.CDN.AMPPROJECT.ORG

Banqueiros se reuniram com possíveis interessados na transação, mas Gomez ainda não o fez
Edited by Fita
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

That is so cool.

I love Rare Beauty, I own one of the lipsticks and it is such a great color.

If music or acting don't work out for her, she can go fully into cosmetics like Rihanna did.

I think she'd be pretty smart if she decides to sell it. We don't know how's gonna be valued tomorrow and all. But I think she also values that she's doing something good to the world with the brand, self-esteem and well being.

Oh, that's cool that you have it. Was it expensive?

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, Fita said:

I think she'd be pretty smart if she decides to sell it. We don't know how's gonna be valued tomorrow and all. But I think she also values that she's doing something good to the world with the brand, self-esteem and well being.

Oh, that's cool that you have it. Was it expensive?

Yeah I actually bought it through ebay, it was pretty affordable around $15-20.

Its a dark red color and it has the soft applicator of a lip gloss but its a lipstick,

its pretty cool :) 

• Like 1

I still haven't brought any of Rare Beauty's products :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: they've been available in the UK for like a year now though, through Space NK and Sephora who launched here last year. I tested their concealer in Space NK a few weeks ago though and ngl, was pretty blown away by it! The coverage was amazing. I use a really cheap concealer atm and it's started to look really chalky/cakey on my skin, I need one that can hide my blemishes without it being obvious. I'd like to get one of the liquid blushes too. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block