Ariana Grande debuts another #1 album on Billboard Hot 200

1.jpg

Billboard informed on last sunday that Eternal Sunshine is now #1.

This is the 6th of her albums to do so: Positions, Thank U, Next, Sweetener, My Everything and Yours Truly. (all of them except for Dangerous Woman).

Eternal sunshine also got the best debut of an album in 2024 with 227.000 copies of albums sold + streaming of all versions of the album. It's surpassing Kanye West's Vultures 1 and Ty Dolla $ign that got only 148.000.

9.jpg

source:

WWW.CNNBRASIL.COM.BR

"Eternal Sunshine" foi lançado no Dia Internacional da Mulher e já tem dois singles: "yes, and?" e "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"

Edited by Fita
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Congrats Ari, I must admit that im glad she has another #1 album, shes insanely talented and produces amazing good music, so its deserved 100%. If someone as mediocre as Taylor can do it, don't see why an immense talent like Ari couldnt.

• Like 2

Sorry but when you google it, a Billboard article reads "all 13 albums by Taylor from Fearless up to 1989 TV debuted at #1".

Even without the rereleases, Taylor has more debuts. 

So Taylor has 13 albums debuted at #1 and Ari has 6... you do the math.

Edit:

Source: 

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Taylor Swift’s "1989 (Taylor’s Version)" debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart...

"All 13 of Swift’s full-length studio albums and re-recorded projects from 2008’s Fearless, her second studio album, through 2023’s 1989 (Taylor’s Version) have debuted at No. 1."

Edited by LeglessJamie
1 hour ago, Fita said:

Female artist with more number one debuts on billboard hot 200

This is false.

Directly taken from Billboard:

All 13 of Swift’s full-length studio albums and re-recorded projects from 2008’s Fearless, her second studio album, through 2023’s 1989 (Taylor’s Version) have debuted at No. 1.

Edited by LeglessJamie
6 minutes ago, LeglessJamie said:

This is false.

All 13 of Swift’s full-length studio albums and re-recorded projects from 2008’s Fearless, her second studio album, through 2023’s 1989 (Taylor’s Version) have debuted at No. 1.

12 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

this is fake news. taylor (as much as i despise her) has more #1 debuts

25 minutes ago, Jakerivard said:

How? 

4 hours ago, Benjie said:

Congratulations!

but she surpasses Taylor Swift in what exactly?

Confused Britney Spears GIF

Okay, so I might have made a confusion here. So according to Billboard Ari is surpassing Taylor when it comes to debuting songs on the hot 100:

Grande achieves her ninth Hot 100 No. 1. She notches her seventh No. 1  debut, surpassing Taylor Swift for the most among women; Drake leads all acts with nine chart-topping entrances.

Ariana Grande’s Hot 100 No. 1s:
(*No. 1 debut)

• “We Can’t Be Friends (Wait for Your Love),” one week at No. 1 to-date, March 23, 2024*
  • “Yes, And?,” one week, Jan. 27, 2024*
  • “Die for You,” with The Weeknd, one week, March 11, 2023
  • “Save Your Tears,” with The Weeknd, two weeks, beginning May 8, 2021
  • “Positions,” one week, Nov. 7, 2020*
  • “Rain on Me,” with Lady Gaga, one week, June 6, 2020*
  • “Stuck With U,” with Justin Bieber, one week, May 23, 2020*
  • “7 Rings,” eight weeks, beginning Feb. 2, 2019*
  • “Thank U Next,” seven weeks, beginning Nov. 17, 2018*

Grande also ties Beyoncé and Katy Perry for the seventh-most Hot 100 No. 1s among solo women. Mariah Carey leads all women, and soloists, with 19 (and overall trails only The Beatles, with 20), followed by Rihanna (14), Madonna (12), Whitney Houston, Taylor Swift (11 each) and Janet Jackson (10).

WWW.BILLBOARD.COM

Grande notches her ninth Hot 100 No. 1, and second from her album "Eternal Sunshine," which launches atop the Billboard 200.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:27 AM, LeglessJamie said:

This is false.

I knew they lied.  Taylors had 13.  This person just wanted clicks 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block