THIS LIVE ARRANGEMENT OF 'BABY ONE MORE TIME' FROM 1999 IS LITERALLY SCALPING ME

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

The adlib during the bridge in her real voice is everything. You just know she fought to incorporate that .. like I want to show I’m an actual singer and have soul. 

Yesssss exactly. I think this is the first and ONLY post-1999 rendition of BOMT where she used her natural voice from beginning to end. Most, if not all of her other performances of BOMT, she switches between the two stylistic voices but in this one, it's just her pure organic voice. It's an extremely special performance. Not to mention, the live band is killing it and she looks like a doll, all while slaying the choreo in such a sleek and precise manner. A 10/10 performance. 

Edited by DignifiedLove
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Yesssss exactly. I think this is the first and ONLY post-1999 rendition of BOMT where she used her natural voice from beginning to end. Most, if not all of her other performances of BOMT, she switches between the two stylistic voices but in this one, it's just her pure organic voice. It's an extremely special performance. Not to mention, the live band is killing it and she looks like a doll, all while slaying the choreo in such a sleek and precise manner. A 10/10 performance. 

This was actually the best vocal performance of bomt

Styled like young Mariah here

Edited by Oprah Winfrey.
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Oprah Winfrey. said:

This was actually the best vocal performance of bomt

Styled like young Mariah here

The one in the OP is clearly superior in terms of vocals and live band arrangement, don't be a fool. She's struggling between her deep and baby voice while being drowned behind the CD vocals. In the Letterman performance, she's clearly using her natural voice 100% throughout. The look is cute though and very 90s Mariah, I'll give you that!

Edited by DignifiedLove

Love the Letterman performance.

It’s interesting how she switched up the delivery of the bridge as well between performances. I loved the mall tour ones:

The NSYNC opening performances were always strong, too.. and then as mentioned in earlier, through 1999 the vocals started deteriorating when she was recording Oops and using the more stylised voice that she struggled to replicate live 🥺

Edited by Alexa
  • Love 3

Oh Man! Take Me Back 😆. I adore her so much! Letterman and Leno are definitely incredible vocal performances. The music and the backing track were tuned down so we could hear her shine Those low growls, trills, and adlibs are my favorite 😍 watching her dance she just glides like a ballerina then pow pow. Ya Gone. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block