Lady Gaga talks about transphobia after her photoshoot with Dylan Mulvaney

After Lady Gaga received transphobic comments following her photoshoot with trans TikToker Dylan Mulvaney, the pop star shared a statement on Instagram decrying the negative remarks:

“It’s appalling to me that a post about National [sic] Women’s Day by Dylan Mulvaney and me would be met with such vitriol and hatred,” wrote Gaga. “When I see a newspaper reporting on hatred but calling it 'backlash' I feel it is important to clarify that hatred is hatred, and this kind of hatred is violence. 'Backlash' would imply that people who love or respect Dylan and me didn’t like something we did. This is not backlash. This is hatred.

She continues: "But it is not surprising given the immense work that it’s obvious we still have to do as a society to make room for transgender lives to be cherished and upheld by all of us."

snapinsta.app-432468699-1756499474861754

Recently Dylan Mulvaney - a trans woman who is known on TikTok for sharing her days and experiences as she's transitioning - released a song and music video called 'Days of Girlhood' which brought up many hateful sad replies here on Exhale. It's super okay if you don't like the song and video, but misgendering someone and questioning whether she is really a woman or not... Well, that's something else. 

source:

WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The pop star voiced her support for TikToker on Instagram on Monday.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Blackout Britney said:

This was already posted FYI and I really don’t wanna get into another trans debate today with the trolls :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Well, actually for what I've acklowledged here only the photos was posted not what Gaga said about transphobia. So I thought this was needed to post because of that mess you and I experienced. :)

I’m transphobic because I don’t agree with someone’s life choices? I’m gay, doesn’t mean I automatically support trans rights. People don’t agree with me being gay, that’s just how it is 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just because someone doesn’t agree doesn’t mean you label the person a bad person. That’s the problem here, we try and shove something in people’s faces until they agree with it. Let people have difference of opinion! 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, stronger1992 said:

I’m transphobic because I don’t agree with someone’s life choices? I’m gay, doesn’t mean I automatically support trans rights. People don’t agree with me being gay, that’s just how it is 🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s the problem here, we try and shove something in people’s faces until they agree with it. Let people have difference of opinion! 

Oh yeah you are absolutely deserve an opinion and if you don’t agree that’s fine too! But there are some trans folks who look absolutely stunning and you’d never know, that’s why when I see these comments I think oh gosh…as they pass as actual looking women. I can see why people like Dylan shine a bad light and it affects how other trans are seen. People stereotype..  it’s human nature I guess? 

8 minutes ago, Fita said:

Well, actually for what I've acklowledged here only the photos was posted not what Gaga said about transphobia. So I thought this was needed to post because of that mess you and I experienced. :)

Oh yeah my bad sorry, you’re right! :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

Edited by Blackout Britney
  • Love 1

I love Dylan and Dylan is a woman. ( I only had to say that because I received warning points for saying otherwise a few days ago)

Love an opinionated forum when you can FREELY express yourself ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

1 hour ago, Fita said:

After Lady Gaga received transphobic comments following her photoshoot with trans TikToker Dylan Mulvaney, the pop star shared a statement on Instagram decrying the negative remarks:

“It’s appalling to me that a post about National [sic] Women’s Day by Dylan Mulvaney and me would be met with such vitriol and hatred,” wrote Gaga. “When I see a newspaper reporting on hatred but calling it 'backlash' I feel it is important to clarify that hatred is hatred, and this kind of hatred is violence. 'Backlash' would imply that people who love or respect Dylan and me didn’t like something we did. This is not backlash. This is hatred.

She continues: "But it is not surprising given the immense work that it’s obvious we still have to do as a society to make room for transgender lives to be cherished and upheld by all of us."

snapinsta.app-432468699-1756499474861754

Recently Dylan Mulvaney - a trans woman who is known on TikTok for sharing her days and experiences as she's transitioning - released a song and music video called 'Days of Girlhood' which brought up many hateful sad replies here on Exhale. It's super okay if you don't like the song and video, but misgendering someone and questioning whether she is really a woman or not... Well, that's something else. 

source:

WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The pop star voiced her support for TikToker on Instagram on Monday.

It’s such a nuanced conversation. Her intentions are right. I applaud her for standing her ground. I always think of the trans women in my life who’ve faced horrendous repercussions and conditions just for existing so it brings a smile to me knowing Lady Gaga is willing to take the heat to open that door for trans people. 

Edited by monkeystar88
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, monkeystar88 said:

It’s such a nuanced conversation. Her intentions are right. I applaud her for standing her ground. I always think of the trans women in my life who’ve faced horrendous repercussions and conditions just for existing so it brings a smile to me knowing Lady Gaga is willing to take the heat to open that door for trans people. 

Yes! And the insults come from anywhere, even in this platform. So I imagine it must be exhausting to fight everyday for their existence physically and especially mentally.

• Love 2

You guys remember when back in the day, 2010, I guess, there were a rumor that Lady Gaga had a male genital and they started calling her a hermaphrodite which we don't use that word nowadays...? She still didn't bother the comments and transphobia. Then she responded back:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Fita said:

Yes! And the insults come from anywhere, even in this platform. So I imagine it must be exhausting to fight everyday for their existence physically and especially mentally.

Personally one of my best friends was thrown out of elementary because of transphobia and ended up doing s** work because her family turned on her and places wouldn’t hire her. It’s just such a cruel world sometimes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, stronger1992 said:

I’m transphobic because I don’t agree with someone’s life choices? I’m gay, doesn’t mean I automatically support trans rights. People don’t agree with me being gay, that’s just how it is 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just because someone doesn’t agree doesn’t mean you label the person a bad person. That’s the problem here, we try and shove something in people’s faces until they agree with it. Let people have difference of opinion! 

SAME!

1 hour ago, Blackout Britney said:

Actually a great person to use as a great example is Kim Petra’s absolutely stunning trans tbh Kim Petras GIF

Most people will tell you that Kim is also not a role model because she uses s** and that creates a stigma in trans women...

There is a difference between not agreeing with her lifestyle and being hateful. The problem is most of y’all are hateful and just try to act like it’s your opinion. The fact that gay men would be against trans people when they’re the literal ******* reason you have rights is mind boggling and starting to make me agree with homophobes that maybe we just don’t deserve rights. I’ve never seen people be more hateful than gay men. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, descg said:

Most people will tell you that Kim is also not a role model because she uses s** and that creates a stigma in trans women...

Isn’t the whole pop music industry pushed by s**?  Like when did people start being prudes?  Like if people are so offended by women in general using s** to sell music.. why are they here on a POP forum when most females we stan do that..  :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Edited by Blackout Britney

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block